• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

In thy image Phase II

David79 said:
yeah, maybee, when u d othat, u can actually make it possible to get it, how bout that?

I believe my part is complete. Distribution is the responsilbility of the fan. I'm sorry if you cannot find it.

Regards,

Jack Marshall

David79, are you referring to In Thy Image? I think it's been pretty darn available so far.

Perhaps less available than it was - I think the torrent is broken. I couldn't connect to David79, or the next 5 or 6 people.

He tried Rapidshare, but got some corruption. And he apparently ignored my advice to test the rars for repair/re-download.

Anyway, yeah, it's never up to the editor to do mass-distribution. He did his part when he posted it to the newsgroups.

I think I might post it to the newsgroups once again, it's been a while since I re-re-reposted it... :)

Jack Marshall said:
Hi everyone!

Wow! That's an avatar I haven't seen since...

Thanks for the heads-up on "Area 52", that might've slipped under my radar. Sounds like fun. Bionic Woman, eh? That's one that could really use some re-imagining. :)

Yeah! It'd be awesome if you did do a higher quality version of "In Thy Image"... tho' I'm sure you're too busy.

I have a much smaller request, though... would it be possible for you to use a chapter extractor utility like this to get the chapter times in "Phantom Remix"? I think the DVD-ready-mpeg (all I was able to get) deserves to be authored and distributed around, and I know just the guy to author it.

I grabbed a low quality version of In Thy Image from emule.
Then a PAL DVD version from eMule.
There are SEVERAL torrent sites that have carried the DVD including MySpleen (where I happily snagged the NTSC version).
(If you can't connect to MySpleen, make sure any firewall (like PeerGuardian or ProtoWall) isn't blocking the tracker since it's been tagged as anti-P2P by some idiots.)

Additionally there's RapidShare which makes it easy to find/fix a bad download portion (heck just check if one of the file sizes is smaller than the rest).

If you haven't been able to get this, you just aren't trying.

Area52: A Scifi-comedy in which Matthew Lillard just signed on... so plan your viewing habits accordingly.

Bionic Woman: I had heard SciFi Channel was getting it, now NBC... is it really looking that strong that it made the move?

Jack, I was meaning to ask about In Thy Image's source.

It seems to have come from something letterboxed and interlaced.
Was it from laserdisc?

DoctorM said:
Jack, I was meaning to ask about In Thy Image's source.

It seems to have come from something letterboxed and interlaced.
Was it from laserdisc?

No, it was from the original DVD release. Keep in mind, the tools back then were not what they are now. I hope to have a chance to do a newer version using the SE DVD as source. Perhaps within 6 months. This should, with the use of the more powerful tools at my disposal, make for a much cleaner "crisper" final version.

Thanks

Jack

Ooh, please. I think many of us are hoping to see a nice anamorphic, dolby 5.1 version.

It's been kicked around by some of us to try to re-do create it.
In the end, I know it's a whole level above my ability.

Any thoughts on doing something similar with the Motion Picture (ST1)?

fanfilmfixes said:
The opening credits sequence was specially made for New Voyages at the time of their first episode Come What May, but it was never used.

I found it on the Come What May DVD.

Dan

The opening credit sequence is from the film "Contact" played in reverse. Later, I re-jiggerd it to use with New Voyages, but went with a different opening created by my friend, Doug Drexler.

Jack Marshall

The reports of my somehow hating this release have been highly overrated. ^_^

This, like Phantom Edit, shows the true power of editing when it comes to a bad film. It actually makes you wonder just what other titles can be fixed and made watchable. For that, it's a very powerful piece.

Considering I actually sat through 5 in the theater, it made things much better than I thought the experience could be. (5 in a theater was, quite frankly, the experience that made me not want to see any more original Trek movies) At this length, and with this edit... the movie isn't half bad.

I give it a 4 out of 5, which is a far higher score than the source material SHOULD warrant... (and the loss of 1 point is for minor quibbles, nothing major)

Those who haven't seen this one yet... should.

Akitsu, if that means you missed "Undiscovered Country" go treat yourself now.
I consider that a near perfect Trek movie.

Oh, I watched it after the theatrical release... but it was awhile before I trusted the franchise after the 5 experience. There's nothing of Trek I haven't seen at this point, including fan works like New Voyages and Hidden Frontier.

by Jack Marshall
What is it about? based upon Star Trek V: The Final Frontier THIS is what a new Star Trek TOS series would have looked like. Truly special...

original film name: Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
film studio name: Paramount
original release date: 1989
Date Edit Was Released: 04 03 2003
Original Runtime: 107 minutes
New Runtime: 63 minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added: 44 minutes cut
Cuts removed/added/extended:

* too many to mention

DVD - Features:

1. DISC DETAILSType................: DVD Movie
Platform............: ISO Image file
Burn Tested.........: Yes
Video Format........: DVD/VOB/MPEG2/720x480/4x3/NTSC
Audio Format........: MPEG 2.0 (384 Kbps)
Size.....................: 1.59 GB
Runtime...........: 63 minutesRELEASE DETAILSGenre...............: Fan Produced Fan Edit
Disc Creator........: D.C. PhantomEditor
Creator Contact.....: [email protected]
Release Group....: Blaksvn-Torrentz & SegaFlip Newsgroup Releases

Conceptual improvements/advancements of edit over original:

In the fall of 1977, Star Trek was poised for a comeback. After being cancelled
in 1969, a revival of the series called Star Trek Phase II was planned to begin
airing in the fall of 1978 on the then proposed 4th network, The Paramount
Network. Sets and props were constructed, screen tests done and several scripts
developed including In Thy Image, the proposed pilot. The ship was being
updated and all but one original cast member, Leonard Nimoy (Spock), had signed
on when Paramount pulled the plug. Seeing the success of the previous years
blockbuster Star Wars, the new Trek show was cancelled in favor of creating
Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

Now, more than 20 years later, Star Trek has released a total of 10 films, and has spawned 4 spin-off series over 700 hours of storytelling. But had it notbeen for Star Wars, we would not have the Trek we know today. Had Star Wars not
forced Paramount to go with a movie, there would have been no Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager or Enterprise. Most likely the show would have run for5 years, then been relegated to syndication, thus ending Trek for good.

With over 700 hours of stories, theres bound to be a few adventures that dont hit home with the fans. For many this describes Star Trek V: The Final Frontier. But for me, I found Trek V to be the movie that most reminded me of the original series with which I had grown up. So, to showcase what I believe to be a very underrated film, I offer this remixed version called: Star Trek Phase II In Thy Image the re-imagined pilot episode of the Lost Trek series.

This remixed version of Trek V runs 63 minutes (the same runtime as the original pilot,The Cage). The story is broken up into the traditional Trek format of a teaser and five acts. Also, the storyline has been altered, removing those things fans found most objectionable like a certain Vulcans new half brother or a turbolift shaft that travels through 78 decks (when we KNOW the ship only has21 decks total!!)

The music score has been enhanced with music from the original series, as well as many classic sound effects such as the bridge ambient noise, the planet background sounds and other effects having been added. In addition, several special effects have been replaced.

So, forget what you know about Star Trek. Imagine turning the dial (manually) to September of 1978 to the premiere of the new Trek show. Theres a new ship, the 1701-A, the familiar crew, albeit older and wiser, and when its over you realize that this IS Star Trek. An alien convinces a crazy Vulcan that hes God? Crazy Vulcan in turn hijacks the Enterprise and heads for the center of the galaxy with Kirk and company in tow? Kirk stands toe to toe with said alien
and kicks his ass? Sounds like an original series episode to me!

Enjoy and remember, this is provided as a collectors oddity only. If you buy it or sell it youre BREAKING THE LAW. Star Trek is owned by Paramount Pictures and no infringement is intended.

Live Long!
Jack Marshall
[email protected]

3D_ST_phaseII_by_Rikter.jpg

It seems that this edit is not listed on fanedit.info...
Code:
STAR TREK: BORG -THE GAME BY PAULEY79

Star Trek: Bugs by Mollo

Star Trek - Kirkless Generations by CBB

Star Trek Phase II - In Thy Image by Merlin

Star Trek Pilots Episode 1: The Next Generation by CBB

Star Trek Pilots Episode 2: Deep Space Nine by CBB

Star Trek Pilots Episode 3: Voyager by CBB

Star Trek Review Extravaganza by RedLetterMedia

Star Trek "The V'ger Incident " by bionicbob

Can anyone please help with posting it properly or leading to an alternate download location?

Thanks in advance...

EDIT: Ah! I thought you were referring to Merlin's. Never heard of that STV one...

Try the e-mail address.

Thanks,

I found a torrent on TPB for a 1.5 Gig version of this edit, from reading this post history I gather that it was never released with proper quality and the perhaps removed from the listings.
Hopefully the editor will find the time and motivation to re release with a better transfer someday.

I'm glad you found it somewhere. Let us know what's it like. I'm curious, as I had never even heard of this -- only Merlin's release.

this one is on RS. Just the link on info is missing. Will be added today probably.

Captain Khajiit said:
I'm glad you found it somewhere. Let us know what's it like. I'm curious, as I had never even heard of this -- only Merlin's release.

It is excellent! Highly recommend it for Trek fans. :)

Back
Top Bottom