• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

How many other people got into fan edits because...

... They desperately wanted to have Star Wars fixed by those who truly care about the franchise?

I wish I could remember exactly how I got into fanedits. I know I stumbled across Star Wars Revisited early on, but I can't remember if that was the start. I know the first edit I watched after joining this site was @Mark Moore's Captain N edit. There's no particular reason why I wanted to get into the scene, no specific version of a movie that I wanted to see, I just found all of this fascinating.
Looking back, I guess you could say my first exposure to anything like this was watching YouTube Poop videos at my uncle's. On top of finding them funny, I was intrigued by how they were edited. I also recall messing around with videos, either stock videos that came on the computer or videos the family shot, in Window's Movie Maker. I guess I've been passionate about this stuff for longer than I usually think about. Like, at least 10 years ago.

I just found all of this fascinating.
Same.

I want to see unique takes on movies/tv or whatever that i thought was bad and somehow someone has made it good. It's wild. I've always liked messing with Windows Movie Maker when i was really little. In elementary school at the computer lab you could play this weird movie maker game, where you animate these shitty little 3d scenes. you could like make them walk and make noises. or have a car move. it was so long ago.

But now I'm interested in cuts of things like The Hobbit Trilogy. Cutting it into one 3 hour movie. Those kinds of edits are probably my go to here. I wanna see stuff from the Alien franchise. But I pick FanFixs most, because why not. They're fixing an otherwise good movie. Which is what I am doing right now with Godzilla KOTM.

Same.

I want to see unique takes on movies/tv or whatever that i thought was bad and somehow someone has made it good. It's wild. I've always liked messing with Windows Movie Maker when i was really little. In elementary school at the computer lab you could play this weird movie maker game, where you animate these shitty little 3d scenes. you could like make them walk and make noises. or have a car move. it was so long ago.

But now I'm interested in cuts of things like The Hobbit Trilogy. Cutting it into one 3 hour movie. Those kinds of edits are probably my go to here. I wanna see stuff from the Alien franchise. But I pick FanFixs most, because why not. They're fixing an otherwise good movie. Which is what I am doing right now with Godzilla KOTM.
You worked on that edit for a minute.

Haha. I surely did work on KOTM for a hot minute! But I learned so much about my process and how I need to get things done to make a high quality edit.

Harmy's Despecialized Editions, l8wrtr's prequel edits, and HAL9000's prequel edits. That's how.

...George disowned SW theatrical.
...of Jar Jar Binks.
...of midichlorians.
...Han shot first.

Exactly the same, but it was Pulp Fiction.
I think I've seen others say the same.
I think Memento would be good for the purposes of Practice, might give it a go :O

Back
Top Bottom