• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

How do y'all do that (1,2,3)?

moviegeek71

Reaction score
Trophy Points
1) how do you edit a movie in hi-def?
2) how do you make the cover art look so good
3) how do you print an art image directly on the disc without a sticker

I have got Xilisoft, Windows Movie Maker, Freemake, Roxio, and DVDfab and just can't seem to get good hi-def quality. I got a light scribe DVD burner only to find out that it prints in black-and-white, not color. Lastly, I am using Paint Shop Pro and Ulead iPhoto but not getting the desired results.

Darn, I came back to add Gem's guide and you beat me to it. But I beat you to Throw's, so I suppose we're even.

How do y'all make these pictures?

GF_3dview.jpg

Imandix(?) or manually with photoshop using a perspective tool. Google is your friend.

For #3, I highly doubt anybody except none does that.
3) how do you print an art image directly on the disc without a sticker

The discs I got made which had printed disc artwork were done by an press called DualPlover: http://dualplover.com/ They are down in Australia and are known for doing small runs of plunderphonic audio artists. (they've done Girl Talk's cds for example and other artists on the http://illegal-art.net/home/ label) They are one of the few who would even consider the kind of nonsense which goes around here. But you maybe able to find a small press closer to home. Turned out they farmed the job to a Chinese company (can pull out the details if anyone wants their name and contact)

DualPlover on their website has many guide files for different formats and packaging. I did the final artwork in Illustrator, if I remember correctly, as I wanted the part of the design to have voids which left the underneath disc exposed. (you'd see the DVDs shiny surface). But I phucked up and accidentally checked the 'white' background feature and... oh well.

The cheaper more immediate answer is to get one of those stickers you can print. Some DVD drives don't like them as the sticker is too thick and there's not enough room for the disc to spin at the high speeds. SCRATCH TIME!

For disc art, unless you're trying to do a professionally printed disc, I would get a printer with disc printing capability. I have an Epson R220 that does a wonderful job. I would strongly suggest NOT using printed stickers, as they can reek all kinds of issues with disc life and playback.

My budget for a printer that does discs is at around $100 more/less, any suggestions?

ive seen some printers that supposedly print directly on a printable white inkjet disk.

jswert123456 said:
ive seen some printers that supposedly print directly on a printable white inkjet disk.

Are you referring to "lighscribe" discs?

Yes that, white disc, is what I am talking about. I have a light scribe burner, it only does black/white/grey tones.

I only need to do 8 or 10 discs, is there anyone or a company that would do 10 DVD prints for me?

Back
Top Bottom