• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Hobbit: The Desolation of Superfluous Narrative by Lord_Elrond_St.Hubbins

Legolas doesnt need to be cut for it to be a purest cut as long as his speech parts are cut down where they dont fit the book, also Tauriel only needs her lines cut out as then she would just look like another elf nobody special.

I liked Legolas in Smaug, but in 5 armies He just doesn't add anything. I would probably cut everything except him helping the lake people.

Thats sort of what I meant, you have to cut some of him down if you want a purest cut but you dont need to cut all of him.

Tauriel OTOH is going to be a major challenge, due to the studio overdoing the "Tragick RomAaaaance" angle. :p

As much as I think Tauriel is a pointless addition, to me she was still one of the best parts of DoS because she was the only character that seemed to have any agency or be anything like an actual person.

yeah I agree, she's the only one that had any real opinion on what was going on.

I'm not really that obsessed with making a purist cut, for me it's more about making a good film with what we have, if it ends up being more pure than that's cool too. I think it's hard to see what bot5a will look like until the extended edition comes out, because as it is now, I would probably cut most of the entire battle sequence, and the movie would be like 45 minutes long. So I hope they add in some more useful stuff. in Smaug I cut about an hour from the film, but most from the theatrical cut, all the extended stuff was pretty good.

btw,i know a bunch of people have seen this fan edit, it would be cool to get a few reviews up about it up on the ifdb =oP

Back
Top Bottom