• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Godfather Chronological Edit: FULL HD Rebuild - MAX LENGTH 10h 5min

While it may be sacrilegious to argue against @Wraith on this, I will vehemently disagree. I think GF2 benefits from constraints in the same way that Jaws wouldn’t have been the same movie if that damned shark would’ve worked.

It may not have be been the original intent to have the theatrical version we got, but by god it works and is so much more impactful to see these stories mirrored rather than told separately.

Obviously others disagree with me, but I feel—as a fan of postmodernist storytelling—that the theatrical is a far superior movie-going story experience.
No disagreement from me on that...I just prefere the chrono, but you are absolutely right on this...100%

De Niro gained what people reported to be 20-40lbs to play a slightly older Vito than what we end up seeing in Part II, showing him as a young Don in 1930's New York. He also said that they threw a coin at what point he should start wearing the mustache. You can find press photos from those scenes. He allegedly blew up at FCF when he saw so much cut in theaters. Just like two deleted scenes that survived show Vito meeting Tessio and Roth, they also filmed him meeting Brasi. And teaching Sonny how to run the neighborhood.
i personally REFUSE to believe this material is truly missing. At the very least it definitely exists on a VHS transfer that was made to share with the editing team to view when assembling the Chrono versions...and there screen capture photos of this VHS with a timestampl across the center.

I cant believe it would not have been save for a possible PART II - Second HELPING, at the very least.

If a cash grab ever merited this material resurfacing, Id be delighted...

On a side note, I finally finished the Extended GF and I tried to post a review but the software doesn’t want to let me. Apparently there are different passwords. 🤷‍♂️ Anyway, I have a review and will post it when I resolve the technical issues.

GF+II.jpg

Here is DeNiro lookin uncannily like a young Vito/Brando

Last edited:
Some insights from Maestro on his cutting room decisions RE: violence and language right before The Godfather aired on television for the first time in 1974 on NBC:

I think the clip below has been shared before, but there is a detail I have not seen discussed: More interestingly, his sister starts off by narrating The Complete Novel For Television in 1977, too on NBC, with " ??? 9 hour movie...". I cannot make out the first word, but by now most of us should be able to recall that the Novel, as it aired, was cut down to a little over 7 hours. Before that, still called The Godfather Saga then, it was supposed to run... 9 hours! Either this opener was filmed before NBC ordered to cut more out of the four part special to make room for commercials, or (and I find this much more likely) she simply had outdated information with so many cooks spoiling things in the kitchen. Unfortunately the poster does not have the complete clip and I have not seen Talia's opener anywhere else, either. Just some generic TV commercials surrounding the Novel. Do note that it already displays the correct title in the background: The Complete Novel For Television. Not A Novel For Television or The Godfather Saga.

Last edited:
I think it might of been 9 hours including the commercials?

Hello to all fans of The Godfather Trilogy.
Yesterday I watched The Godfather: Don Vito's Opus and today I watched Don Michael's Opus.
Over the last few years I have had the opportunity to watch various versions of The Godfather Trilogy: Theatrical cut, Saga, Epic, Trilogy 1901-1980. Each of these versions has unique material not available in the others.
The Wraith version is the most complete version of this great series.
Wraith not only restored almost every available deleted scene, but also precisely edited the whole thing. I think this montage is amazing, even better than the original version.
I really liked the two inserts, one at the end of the second part, and the montage in memoriam. Wraith worked on this version for several years and created a great new movie. The total duration is 605 minutes, I think it's a great time spent with family and friends while watching this monumental work.
Wraith you are the Master!

Back
Top Bottom