• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Revisited by ANDREAS [PoA coming later]

Detective said:

I've read that before and don't care that Rowling changed her mind. Know who else changed their mind after the work was already done? Starts with a "George", ends with a "Nooooooooooooo!"

She needs to step away from Pottermore and leave Harry Potter alone. It's over. I am somewhat looking forward to Fantastic Beasts but still feel she should do some new things.

Looking at the video for the opening of Sorcerer's Stone Revisited, I don't think I like the idea of using the opening Warner Bros logo from Half-Blood Prince and re-coloring it. It looks too obvious to me. There's also the obvious fact that there are not only two different babies who played Harry, but they are also wearing different pajamas, especially when it's supposed to be the same scene. Could they be fixed somehow?

Andreas, I sent you some private messages, and you haven't responded to them yet.

addiesin said:
Did you read the full interview or just the BS "she changed her mind" pieces that used half a quote? I feel like nothing she said indicates that she wishes Harry and Hermione ended up together at all. Also, I didn't care for the Casual Vacancy much at all so if Beasts and Cursed Child are good, I'm cool with her staying in that world.

addiesin said:
Detective said:

I've read that before and don't care that Rowling changed her mind. Know who else changed their mind after the work was already done? Starts with a "George", ends with a "Nooooooooooooo!"

She needs to step away from Pottermore and leave Harry Potter alone. It's over. I am somewhat looking forward to Fantastic Beasts but still feel she should do some new things.

I completely agree.

ThrowgnCpr said:
addiesin said:
Detective said:

I completely agree.

Did you guys click the link? I don't feel like we read the same thing at all based on both of these responses. Like, she didn't change her mind and doesn't ever say Harry and Hermione should have ended up together. That piece is a measured response to the misleading clickbait "she changed her mind" crap.

thecuddlyninja said:
ThrowgnCpr said:
addiesin said:
Detective said:

I completely agree.

Did you guys click the link? I don't feel like we read the same thing at all based on both of these responses. Like, she didn't change her mind and doesn't ever say Harry and Hermione should have ended up together. That piece is a measured response to the misleading clickbait "she changed her mind" crap.

I didn't actually read that link, but I've seen her make similar statements elsewhere.

ThrowgnCpr said:
I didn't actually read that link, but I've seen her make similar statements elsewhere.

It's the same 2014 interview that always gets that headline. And while I know I keep harping on this but that's only because she has never said that they should end up together. Her comments about the Ron relationship being a part wish-fulfillment since she identified with Hermione more than genre trope inversion is in no way saying Hermione should have ended up with Harry. It actually has nothing to do with Harry. She says way later that "in some ways Harry and Hermione are a better fit" which was said later and is factually true, hence trope inversion. That's also nowhere near "Harry and Hermione should have wed," and the rest is all about Hermione and Ron, at least on the relationship side. The article which keeps being quoted is a rather thoughtful piece about she never said anything like those old headlines whatsoever, in spirit or in earnest. I like an artist reflecting upon their work trying to get at what drove them. And it still gets me that she opened up in a way few writers ever will and said some extremely inoffensive musings and thoughts about her creative drive yet she got extreme heat for it. Why would someone else want to do that again? FWIW, the interview ends with Rowling literally being hopeful for Ron and Hermione's fictional relationship.

It also is a touch ironic that a piece about how she never said anything resembling the cheap headlines and how she's not rewriting any history and people are being silly for taking that way keeps getting quoted as if it were one of those cheap headlines and stories it critiques.

I did read it, and I do think she regrets putting Ron and Hermione together, her justification for it is basically "I did it because I wanted to at the time even if it didn't make sense" and yes I'm paraphrasing but that's how I took her words. In my opinion she wouldn't say the decision lacks credibility unless she had her own doubts. My point though is less about the quote and more about all the new Harry Potter writing she's done since saying she was finished with the series. A chapter from a nonexistent marauders book, her comments in interviews, and the tidbits and stories from Pottermore all add up. Her additions have ranged from unnecessary details to nearly retconning certain parts of the story that were or weren't in the books. I just think she needs to step away and focus on new work. At least step away from the characters she's already  gone into at great length. Her writing for Fantastic Beasts is, in my opinion, far enough removed that it could be good without ruining anything. It's a different set of characters, different time period, different country. I know I'm being nitpicky but it's just how I feel.

Alright, that's a fair enough reading. I do generally like when people talk about the real world influences on their creations deep in their brains so that's probably why the reaction to this put me off a couple years back. I'm hoping the script for Fantastic Beasts is sharp since I haven't really cared for her non-Potter output.

Many changes have happened for all of my edits. Goblet of Fire is no exception.

Being a dad at the moment, it's so hard for me to edit AND bother to go about on the forums late at night, so I mostly only get an hour of editing every night before it's straight to bed.

However, I am thinking that both Goblet of Fire, Game of Thrones - A Tale of Kings And Honor and Star Wars: The Ancient Lore will be released simultaneously around December. All three edits have come great and far these last three to four months, and having just previewed Star Wars and Goblet of Fire to five friends yesterday the response was overwhelmingly good (four of them not really prepared for what a fanedit really meant).

I WILL start to release new details and footage very soon, and I think the months ahead are going to be extremely exciting!

Any questions, ideas or feedback, feel free to give!

Andreas said:
I mostly only get an hour of editing every night before it's straight to bed.

Consider yourself lucky, I only have time for a few hours a week in a good week.  Some weeks it's zero hours.

Great job!  I am really lookingforward to seeing all of your past _and_ upcoming edits!!

I have a question, but could you bring back Voldemort's red eyes like they were in the books? Never felt right that they removed those in the films. I know you never went and gave Harry green eyes like in the books (though I assume you will fix Lily's eyes in DH Part 2 so her eyes are the same as Daniel Radcliffes), but this is something I'd really like to see in the fanedit.

Nerdman3000 said:
I have a question, but could you bring back Voldemort's red eyes like they were in the books? Never felt right that they removed those in the films. I know you never went and gave Harry green eyes like in the books (though I assume you will fix Lily's eyes in DH Part 2 so her eyes are the same as Daniel Radcliffes), but this is something I'd really like to see in the fanedit.

The reason Voldemort's eyes aren't red is because the filmmakers felt that on film, he wouldn't be able to show enough of a range of emotions. He expresses pain and struggle at points, which is not something you can easily convey when your eyes are always blood red.

Hardbackyoyo said:
Nerdman3000 said:

The reason Voldemort's eyes aren't red is because the filmmakers felt that on film, he wouldn't be able to show enough of a range of emotions. He expresses pain and struggle at points, which is not something you can easily convey when your eyes are always blood red.
This is true, and correct.

However, what would people think and feel about such a change? I mean, Lord Voldemort is pure evil in this universe - he wasn't at a time, but he is now. The red eyes would be very symbolic, and the only emotion he ever truly is passionate about is his own anger and power and lust for maintaining his self-obtained life force.

I was never really afraid of Voldemort, so maybe this change - along with music and dialogue, could help a lot. I'm eager to hear what you guys think.

Maybe you could create a sample clip of Voldemort with red eyes in one of the scenes I mentioned of him going through pain and struggle. How about the scene in Deathly Hallows Part 2 during his final battle with Harry, right as Nagini is killed?

Hardbackyoyo said:
Maybe you could create a sample clip of Voldemort with red eyes in one of the scenes I mentioned of him going through pain and struggle. How about the scene in Deathly Hallows Part 2 during his final battle with Harry, right as Nagini is killed?

In that case you also would probably want to also put a sample of clip of a scene where Voldemort is suppose to be terrifying or evil as well, to see if red eyes makes him even more evil. Maybe the Death Eater meeting scene in Deathly Hallows Part 1.

The problem with this is that acting is very often best conveyed in the eyes.

Back
Top Bottom