• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Guardians of the Galaxy

Zamros said:
Hence why I asked...

I really want to see this film unspoiled. My post above is not just for you  ;)

Thank you for asking instead of just posting spoilers. That was considerate and is appreciated.

addiesin said:
Zamros said:
Hence why I asked...

I really want to see this film unspoiled. My post above is not just for you  ;)

Thank you for asking instead of just posting spoilers. That was considerate and is appreciated.

STAR FUEL CAN'T MELT DANK MEMES

;)

I have to say though, I love how much earlier Marvel films come out in the UK. Is there any reason for this?

It was certainly quite odd talking about the Captain America movies before the Americans had even seen their boy in blue.

No idea. It used to be the opposite. In the internet age, though, it doesn't make much sense to the average consumer that films are not released the same date worldwide.

Watched it (Vol 2) this Sunday with my daughters, 12 and 10 years old. They loved it, as did I. 5/5 from me, I even think it's better than the first. So much imagination went into it, and also a lot of love.

Zamros said:

I have to say though, I love how much earlier Marvel films come out in the UK. Is there any reason for this?

It was certainly quite odd talking about the Captain America movies before the Americans had even seen their boy in blue.

here's a possible explanation for that....

It's been kinda buggin' me. Is the strange dance pose Quill is striking on the GotG2 poster a reference to something (movie poster/LP cover?). It's very specific.

It ain't footloose at least...

rocket-groot-footlose.jpg

DominicCobb said:
A little review I guess:

Fun times all around. The titular Guardians are the real highlight here and, more or less, the only interesting characters. My biggest gripe with the film is it spends all this time with the extremely dull villains, who I really couldn't care less about. Those scenes are so humdrum that they really stand out in a bad way, especially in comparison to the scenes with the Guardians, which are constantly bursting with life, energy, and laughter. Thankfully the latter scenes take up most of the film, because they really are something special. Each Guardian is a treat to watch. Special shout outs to Bradley Cooper doing Joe Pesci as Rocket, and, of course, the best part of the film, Chris Pratt as Star Lord. Pratt has to be one of my favorite actors right now. His performances are always a delight. He's got this charismatic man child sweetness to him, which, combined with blockbuster heroism, makes him a truly unique leading man, the likes of which I cannot say with certainty I have seen before. I love that he's the star of next year's Jurassic World, and I can't wait to see what else he'll do. If I have one complaint about his Peter Quill, it's that we don't get enough of him. There's definitely a lot about him that hasn't been said (how does he feel about being abducted? does he want to go back to Earth? etc.), and presumably will be in a sequel. But it really should have been said here. Unfortunately I do feel like this film is rather messy in it's plotting at times. Often, I felt out of the loop. I'm sure stuff like the scene with the Collector made comic fans wet, but, to me, it was just really weird and rather random and not entirely necessary. When the film came to an end, though, and all was said and done, I couldn't help but love it. The humor, the music, all that fun stuff, that was all great. Definitely worth a watch.

Rewatched the original a couple days ago and honestly my first thoughts^ are pretty much the same. Still an awesome movie, but not perfect.

Similarly, Vol. 2, which I saw last night is also a similar imperfect/awesome mix (pun so intended). In some ways it was better than the first, and in some ways it's worse. But honestly, I think I enjoyed myself a lot more throughout this time than last. Pretty much everything I complained about up there^ is improved upon here. Messy plotting has been replaced by under-plotting, but it's because the story this time around has is more focused on the incredibly charming characters, and not randomly jumping around to show and explain people and places and things we don't know or care about. I have to say too that the villain here is one of Marvel's best, whereas Ronan was might have been Marvel's worst (give or take that elf in Thor 2). Vol. 2 doesn't reach the same unforgettable heights of the first, but overall I found it more consistently engaging, so I give the edge to second. Can't wait for Vol. 3.

I rewatched part 1 for the first time since it was in theaters, to prepare for Volume 2 - begrudgingly, I admit.  Going through it again, one thought kept popping up in my mind: "I hated this?!"  I must have been in some foul mood that day.  Seriously, it's good stuff.  I like the characters, the action was entertaining, most of the humor worked for me.  Really glad I gave it a second chance.  It still isn't one of my favorite MCU movies, but it's nowhere near the bottom of my list anymore.  

Volume 2 isn't as good as the first one, but it was still very enjoyable.  I'm not fond of the structure of this one - more on that in spoiler tags.  A lot of the humor didn't work for me.  Some lines were very forced, some gags were repeated or stretched to the point of borderline irritation.  I feel like they were trying to hard to compete with Deadpool, in a sense.  It had one of the better MCU movie villains to date.  The story doesn't do too much to advance the overall universe, but there's some fantastic character development as the focus.  And without a doubt, the greatest Stan Lee cameo yet.  I don't think they can top this one.

Disney's Rogue One de-aging technology at work.  Can we please use this digital Kurt Russel in other projects?  Escape from Earth, Bigger trouble in Little China, please!  I don't like that the team was split up for most of the movie.  I get that they're going for The Empire Strikes Back in structure - among other things (space outlaw hero discovering a dark secret about his father) - but the Guardians are at their best when everybody's together, playing off eachother's quirks.  I adore the implication that Stan Lee's cameos throughout the MCU are all indeed the same character, spying for aliens for unknown reasons.  And since GOTG2 takes place -before- the Civil War cameo he mentions, I think it's safe to assume there's time travel shennanigans afoot.  It'd explain his First Avenger and Agent Carter appearances, at the very least.  Stallone's classic Guardians team was a fun touch, as was his Judge Dredd reference "You betrayed the code!".  Maybe it's time for an Arnold comic book movie redemption cameo?

A new Super Power Beat Down!!!  :p

STAR LORD vs. BOBA FETT

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGicqmDZ_rE[/video]

...the actual beat down begins around the 5min40sec mark.
:D

James Gunn you magnificent b*stard...!

Damn "*Offer excludes VHS, Betamax and LaserDisc".

Vultural said:
TM2YC said:
Damn "*Offer excludes VHS, Betamax and LaserDisc".

Whew!
So it's still available on VCD !

With crystal-clear compression artifacts and convenient three-disc package!

I hope it includes the obscure Malaysian English dub (on the left channel - original on the right, naturally.  Who needs stereo, anyway!)

This home video campaign is solid gold.

^ Zoe Saldana in that yellow disco-suit should star in some Pam Grier remakes.

Back
Top Bottom