• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Good high quality video editing?

For some reason I completely forgot about Adobe Premiere. I took a class in it last year for school, so I'm pretty good with it and I'm familiar with the editing tools and the tools are more sophisticated and integrated than MS Pro. Anyway, I bought a copy of it last night at an educational discount, which is sweet. And that frameserver works with it, so when it arrives on Saturday, I'll be good to go. Now I need to get an MPEG encoder, but I'm not worried because it'll be some time before I'm ready to export anything.

Just be sure to check your motherboard manual before opening the box. It requires some funky specs to use. ;)

Thanks for the heads up, but I've run this version (demo) successfully on this computer while I was taking the class in it. My computer is very powerful because I bought it specifically for editing.

I'm still ticked off I had to return my version of premier because my pc wasn't up to snuff. Maybe I'll try a pinnacle demo.

The thing I hate about Pinnacle and Ulead VS, the audio editing is terrible. Adobe's audio editing tools are integrated, so you can do it as you work, which is how I like to do it.

Also, if I recall correctly, you don't need to mux w/ adobe. You can take a raw M2V or MPG w/o sound and import it, then import the sound separately. Cinematize separates the audio into 5 separate wav files, you can manually make changes to each channel, which is sweet. It should sync okay as well because Cinematize syncs the files automatically. Hopefully I can isolate the music track and make score changes on future edits.

Oh... I should have just kept the program and bought a new motherboard. :(

Actually the audio editing is one major reason why we use ULEAD MEDIA STUDIO PRO 8. I never encountered a better program to do the audio transitions than this one. You can hear it while you work, even if it is 8 tracks at the same time. Yes, the output is still 2.0, but it is always with me perfectly in sync. I can make 5.1 later.

lol I couldn't figure it out. It wouldn't let me put anything in the timeline if it wasn't both audio and video (in Ulead). It was jsut a pain, plus the trim mode in Adobe is really useful. It's also the most simple in terms of creating projects, you choose all the settings, including 5.1 audio. Anyway, the place screwed me because they needed proof of my educational status. I sent it to them, but still it won't be here till sometime this week. I really wanted to do some work this weekend. Oh well.

Do most of these direct stream copy the final video or do they re-encode/frameserve to an encoder?

Ulead can do encoding and frameserving, they als say, they can make a direct stream copy, bit they forgot to tell you how to get the exact bitrate to do that. Direct Streaming works great with DV Video though. But I recommend frameserving.

so it was avid that liked to work with quicktime, right?
I think I foudn the perfect tool for you, teresofblood:
CINEMATIZE 2 PRO
I have tested it and from what I can say THIS is trule a high quality tool.
It can extract anything from a DVD (just like the freeware tool PGCDemux), but it can also hq convert to quicktime AND seperate audio tracks to one wave per channel. I am very impressed and I think I will order this. Just need to do some more testing first.

Return Of The Living Dead Part II - With Original Audio

When Return Of The Living Dead Part II was released on DVD in 2004 they messed with the original soundtrack for some reason. This custom fan DVD, created by EvilAsh1303, takes the video from the 2004 DVD release and adds in the original theatrical audio. The new 2004 audio is included as an alternate audio track.

Menus?: Yes.
Chapters?: Yes.
Extras?: Yes. The film's original EPK, a Movie-T's commercial that came on after the movie on the VHS and an easter egg. None of these extras were included on the official DVD release.
DVD Size?: 4.33 GB's.

Any idea were I can find this one at? Love to add it to my collection. Let me know. Thanks in advance.

Mike Psyche

Back
Top Bottom