• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

GODDAMMITSOMUCH

I've only recently entered the realm of officially overweight because I eat like shit.  Also I have a genetic connective tissue disorder that has caused minor cardiological issues before.  So while my doctor told me today not to worry yet, I've spent my evening thinking "I'm fat and i'm gonna die young!"

This is your first year at college, right?  Gaining weight is normal.  But try to work out I guess.

Handman said:
This is your first year at college, right?  Gaining weight is normal.  But try to work out I guess.

Curse 24 hour cafeterias!

I started to gain weight in college too,  so i did the responsible healthy thing and dropped out. 

Oddly enough,  I miss my job as a supervisor at Wal-Mart.  I hated my boss, but i loved my job.  I let her ruin a job id had for 5 years. 

But I've heard the store manager of the Wal-Mart in the next town over ALSO hates the store manager here,  for similar reasons as me.  And I've heard she's hired a few people that rage quit our Wal-Mart like I did.  So now my wheels are spinning.

I hate riding the bus. It's almost always too warm, too stuffy, too crowded, and inspires headaches. The only upside is getting to check out the girls with nice buns.

Duragizer said:
I hate riding the bus. It's almost always too warm, too stuffy, too crowded, and inspires headaches. The only upside is getting to check out the girls with nice buns.

I'm going to pretend "buns" refers to hair.

suspiciouscoffee said:
Duragizer said:

I'm going to pretend "buns" refers to hair.

Pretend all you like. Won't change the fact that I'm taking about bread.

I love a lady who can make a nice piece of toast.

Duragizer needs to change his avatar.

6bh2z.jpg

I wonder if my Blu-Ray player is just wearing out after years of usage.  Sometimes lately I'll hear a disc spinning, then a beep, then it stops, and repeats for a minute or two before eventually working.  Just now I put in a disc and it did that for a few minutes, and then gave up, showing an error message of "Cannot operate this disc" and, being the insane man i am, I just ejected it and put it right back in, except it worked this time.

You wonder rightly, Coffee. That sounds suspicious...

SpanishIllinformedGerenuk-size_restricted.gif

suspiciouscoffee said:
I wonder if my Blu-Ray player is just wearing out after years of usage.  Sometimes lately I'll hear a disc spinning, then a beep, then it stops, and repeats for a minute or two before eventually working.  Just now I put in a disc and it did that for a few minutes, and then gave up, showing an error message of "Cannot operate this disc" and, being the insane man i am, I just ejected it and put it right back in, except it worked this time.

Have you tried a laser cleaning disc? e.g.

https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Innovations-CleanDr-Blu-Ray-4190300/dp/B00419ZT3E

I've been having a hard time keeping my weight down since I quit walmart.  I've gained like 10 pounds just in the month,  which isn't huge but it's enough to make me look chunkier than I should be and I hate it. Reason being I was walking 10+ miles almost every day at work,  I was walking for almost all of my shifts, and I'm not getting that anymore at my current job.  I'm used to being able to eat whatever I want all the time and not have to make time to work out because I just burned it off at work every day.  I started working out and watching what I eat about a week ago,  but sadly it doesn't come off as easily as it went on lol but it is coming back off. Plus having to make actual time to do it outside of work sucks and not eating Mexican food every single dai sucks too... although I guess I provably still could if I started cooking it more myself so i can use leaner meat and use 0 calorie cooking spray instead of oil...

Damnit man, I  really hate to say this, and I hope it comes off as encouraging, as that's my drunken aim.
This is exactly what happened to my best friend just before a massive heart attack took his life. He wasn't terribly over weight, but had put on about 10/15 lbs. after quitting an active on-yer-feet job and taking a much cushier gig.
Take care of yourself man. You got reason to.

Dude,  what the fuck.  I'm not overweight and I'm definitely not sedentary.  Ive just gained a little weight since switching jobs.  I'm active and i work out almost every day. I just had to step it up a little bit.

Btw, the video I posted that you commented on was AFTER the weight gain,  at my biggest.  And I've already lost some of it back off again.  So no,  I don't really think I'm at risk for a massive heart attack,  thank you.

Two things...

1. If we are going to post about our real life problems in an open discussion forum, it's not unreasonable to expect people to discuss them. That's the risk you take.

2. If somebody does open up about their real life problems, please try to be more sensitive.

2B. Starting a sentence with something like "I really hate to say this..." never ends well because it almost always means "I really want to say this".

Back
Top Bottom