• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

GAME OF THRONES || A Tale of Kings and Honor [1st film] [Lord of the Rings]

One more person interested in the non-LotR version. I've already got LotR when I want to watch LotR, and I really do like the GoT soundtrack. Good luck on the edit!

Well, for me, the Game of Thrones soundtrack does not have the 'punch' needed for a three-hour long, dramatic, condensed Game of Thrones movie. That's why I'm using Lord of the Rings - that, and because of all the emotional weight and dramatic tension and diversity it has to offer.

I think each and every one of you will learn to appreciate it when watching the entire product, and if not - the OST-version will be released shortly thereafter. But of course, yes, for some it might take some time to adjust to the new soundtrack.

As much as like Ramin Djawdi (I hope to God I spelled that right) I feel that most of the Game of Thrones score is largely forgettable. Exceptions being the main theme (and variations) and The Rains of Castamere (and variations) are really the only memorable pieces. Lord of the Rings, by comparison, has a ton. I'll admit it does sound a bit odd, but I think once our ears get used to it, I think it'll be fine. It would be nice to have both tracks available anyways, especially to compare.

Small caveat (that isn't even relevant to this edit): having The Mountain vs The Red Viper have no music under if was great. That scene never fails to get the blood pumping.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

When do you think you will finish the first film? Having seen your Harry Potter edits I am excited to see this.

muutvc said:
When do you think you will finish the first film? Having seen your Harry Potter edits I am excited to see this.
Within a month, two at most. I want it to be as near to perfect as possible.

A great deal of scoring left to do, and a lot of editing. Also, framing all the thousands of scenes into the new cinematic aspect ratio is time consuming as hell. 

It's also greatly important to me that the movie feels like a movie rather than a Game of Thrones highlights.

Aztek463 said:
As much as like Ramin Djawdi  (I hope to God I spelled that right) I feel that most of the Game of Thrones score is largely forgettable. Exceptions being the main theme (and variations) and The Rains of Castamere  (and variations) are really the only memorable pieces. Lord of the Rings, by comparison, has a ton. I'll admit it does sound a bit odd, but I think once our ears get used to it, I think it'll be fine. It would be nice to have both tracks available anyways, especially to compare.

Small caveat (that isn't even relevant to this edit): having The Mountain vs The Red Viper have no music under if was great. That scene never fails to get the blood pumping.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
I completely agree with all said.
And speaking of blood pumping; another scene is Ned's beheading.

emanswfan said:
Detective said:
I think we all want to know.. are you cutting out the nudity?  That seems to be the real reason any of my co-workers watch the show...
Eventually I'm planning on making a Game of Thrones film series in the future as explained recently in the fanedit ideas thread, of which nudity and other hard R elements are cut as one of several ways of emulating a more Hollywood feel.

Anyhow, this looks really exciting Andreas!  Being a big fan of both series, this seems like the perfect combination.  That and I also severely desire to see the show in a longer focused cinematic style.  Nice to see you are also keeping the mature content, it's an aspect of the show I enjoy when it is well utilized for dramatic effect.  Removing such material requires making the story something less purist, and if not done well would simply weaken the story.  I still wish to see a softer edit, but since I'm planning that myself, I see no reason for anyone else to do such.

I share the interest in a less gratuitous cut and have been working on a fanedit that cuts what I think are sometimes unnecessarily misogynistic scenes. I don't think the violence is a problem (though I think I've taken the odd piece out) - and most of the nudity is fine in my opinion. I was simply wanting to be able to watch the show with my partner and teenage son without feeling awkward. I've called it the 'philogyny' edit. Most of Series One is available - I'm only trying to keep ahead of our Sunday evening sessions so it'll be a slow crawl unless we start binging. PM me for the link if anyone's interested.

thecuddlyninja said:
^Seems totally relevant to Andreas' edit.

True. Apologies - I've deleted it. I still get a bit lost 'round here.

I'm so so excited for this. I think this could be so brilliant. I've been wanting something like this for a while. Keep up the good work so we can witness it soon!

jackbeyer said:
I'm so so excited for this. I think this could be so brilliant. I've been wanting something like this for a while. Keep up the good work so we can witness it soon!
Happy to hear! Will do!

Sounds interesting although I'm one of those people who really likes the music from GoT.

That being said, if you're going for a LOTR style approach, have you considered using some of the bonus animated features from the Blu-Ray to create some kind of prologue? I think they are called "History of Westeros" on the Blu-Ray.

Either way I'd be interested to check this out once its finished!

ManicGuy1989 said:
Sounds interesting although I'm one of those people who really likes the music from GoT.

That being said, if you're going for a LOTR style approach, have you considered using some of the bonus animated features from the Blu-Ray to create some kind of prologue? I think they are called "History of Westeros" on the Blu-Ray.

Now, that is one hell of a great idea. You sexy ass bastard. You lovely, naked man. I've been thinking about what I should make for a prologue, but never found anything of existing footage supporting my ideas, like a Mad King Prologue (just kept waiting for Season 6 to release full-on flashback i could include).

Andreas said:
You sexy ass bastard. You lovely, naked man. 

Would you like some privacy? [emoji12]

Andreas said:
ManicGuy1989 said:

Now, that is one hell of a great idea. You sexy ass bastard. You lovely, naked man. I've been thinking about what I should make for a prologue, but never found anything of existing footage supporting my ideas, like a Mad King Prologue (just kept waiting for Season 6 to release full-on flashback i could include).

I did that very thing for my edit. It's completely fair game for you to do, but I wanted to mention it. Feel free to check it out for ideas and use whatever you want.

The first film, A Tales of Kings and Honor, is nearing it's editable end. 

To tease the stakes and tone set by the end of it - but also to show how this GoT-Gone-LOTR franchise will look and feel, here is the 10-minute opening of the second movie, which features heavily on tone due to its dramatic and serious tone established from Ned Stark's death.

There are some few rendered frame issues in this file upon viewing. Which of course will not be there for the final cut. This has to do with the new ratio, which has to be fine-tuned for almost every individual scene on the cutting board.

Of course, YouTube had to screw up. Here is a WORKING video - as promised in the post above.

And now, here is the opening of the first movie, A Tale of Kings And Honor.

Nice, certainly sets the tone for the story. A few minor notes:

- I would think about shrinking the "Game of Thrones" title card a bit. Give the words some room to breathe, and keep them a bit further from the left/right sides of the frames so they don't get lost in overscan (some TVs still have that).
- Consider lowering the volume of the music in the prologue.
- The lines "Brandon Stark was outraged" and "He rode to King's Landing" crossfade into each other. I would add a bit of space between them. What was he outraged over anyways?
- Think about having the entire story of the Mad King as the prologue. Even though we hear bits and pieces that eventually put the picture together, I would at least have a general summary of Robert's Rebellion and end on something like "And they lived happily ever after...until now."

The LOTR music works really good. I can't wait to see the whole thing!

Back
Top Bottom