• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Flash (CW)

Gaith said:
Alas, I didn't find the musical ep (or roughly a half of it, anyway) worth the wait at all. Even the above friendship song was badly marred by the weird shade thrown at Clark. Is Kara really still pissy about his relative popularity? If so, lame. And Barry saying he doesn't find him impressive, even being tongue-in-cheek? Seemed out of character. Meanwhile, the Iris and Mon-El dream characters (and Mon-El isn't a Kryptonian? Huh?) had zero development, and the number with the dads was pointless because we don't care about any of them, none of whom are real. Meanwhile, Barry and Kara look like total dolts for thinking there wouldn't be a gang war. Has Barry even seen that West Side Story musical he referenced? Of course rival gangs are going to have a fight! Instead of telling a half-assed and pointless story, the whole experience should have been contained to the theater, and should have resolved with a song, not some random shootout in which the stupid lovers don't even appear. Meanwhile, the Earth-1 hero battle was the most interesting thing to happen after the big nightclub number by far, which was rather unfortunate.

Also: the Music Meister said Barry and Kara had to finish the musical to escape, but if that's true, what happened to the lovers? That's not an ending to the musical at all! This is shit writing, folks, and we deserve better.

And then we got that Barry solo at the end, which, apart from the song itself being hot, stinking garbage, featured singing which was badly mismatched with Gustin's blocking. (For instance: as his voice soared, Barry looked downwards, thereby constricting his windpipe.) The cumulative effect was jarring, amateurish, and lame.

In sum: As with the "Invasion!" crossover, I must applaud the ambition, but place a whoopee cushion on the execution's seat. Meanwhile, Barry/Iris still sucks.

Maybe it's the fact that I'm not a comic book fan, but I enjoyed the musical episode, and none of the complaints that you had even crossed my mind. I'm not even a regular viewer of "The Flash". I tuned in for Supergirl.

I haven't really gotten tired of each villain of the season being a speedster, if only because each one has brought something different to the table. Reverse-Flash was a *mortal* (though empowered man) trying to take advantage of his arch-nemesis, Zoom was a Speed *Demon* (insert Michael Jackson here) who eventually became The Grim Reaper of Speedsters, and Savitar is supposed to be the *God* of Speedsters.

In fact, since the writers seem to have acknowledge that Savitar is kind of a retread of the last two villains, it was a very smart move for the writers to write him out of a few episodes, since it allowed them to focus on a very topical theme: Millenial Social Anxiety. Our main characters are mid-20 year olds who are at a point in their lives the future is very uncertain for them, and they're worried that the choices/events that have happened to them prior (partly brought on by Flashpoint, but still) to this point in time is just going to make life going forward that much farther. Marrying that theme with the threat of Savitar's return ( and the possibility of Iris' death) is a brilliant move as far as long-form storytelling goes.

That being said, if they somehow try to do another Speedster for season 4, then they'll have run out of ideas...unless they somehow bring Impulse into the mix (especially since he shouldn't exist, what with Thawne's death). ;)

I thought people of a certain age would enjoy this....

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkDsxl1RuMs[/video]

Misfits of Science is one of few shows still left on dream dvd bucket list.  Come Shout Factory, show this cult fave some love!!!

One episode to the season three finale.

I am man enough to say, the last episode was classic superhero tragedy and choked me up.....

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE38dUQGwWs[/video]

Though I don't believe Iris is dead....   

My Flash Theory....

SPOILERS!!!  SORRY I CAN NOT FINDER THE SPOILER ICON/TAG  :s

--this episode re-established the holographic projector tech, and that the user can look/sound like anyone, even different genders
--previously when Flash travelled to the future, it was HG on the roof, not Det. West.
--HG blames himself for revealing to Savitar the hiding location of Iris
--HG was so guilt ridden he confessed to Cisco how useless he feels to the Team

Therefore, I think HG pulled a switcheroo, and sacrificed himself in Iris's place.

bionicbob said:
One episode to the season three finale.

I am man enough to say, the last episode was classic superhero tragedy and choked me up.....

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE38dUQGwWs[/video]

Though I don't believe Iris is dead....   

My Flash Theory....

SPOILERS!!!  SORRY I CAN NOT FINDER THE SPOILER ICON/TAG  :s

--this episode re-established the holographic projector tech, and that the user can look/sound like anyone, even different genders
--previously when Flash travelled to the future, it was HG on the roof, not Det. West.
--HG blames himself for revealing to Savitar the hiding location of Iris
--HG was so guilt ridden he confessed to Cisco how useless he feels to the Team

Therefore, I think HG pulled a switcheroo, and sacrificed himself in Iris's place.

That IS the popular theory going around, since the audience will feel bad after he just found love. We're really getting a new Wells every season, aren't we?

I hear a lot of people complaining why the writers just don't bring people like Snart and Laurel back, when really, I kinda commend them to sticking to their guns and trying to give the Arrowverse real consequences of death that can't be undone. ;)

Who's "HG"? ;)

Seriously, though, great theory; makes total sense. Given how completely I'd forgotten about the Philosopher's Stone, however, and how long it's gone unmentioned only to suddenly re-appear now, my first thought was that Iris is legit dead, but the Stone will equally legit revive her.

Welp, I've enjoyed the show up 'til now, but the routine Speedster vs. Speedster battles sprinkled with wacky Gorilla City and King Shark episodes here and there is really getting old. Can't we have wackiness full time?

Me, I was mostly enjoying the finale until the lame Philosopher's Stone-as-bomb ass pull, followed by a frankly uninvolving final fight, capped off with a dreary Speed Force cliffhanger and a useless Jay Garrick cameo. (Cisco doesn't even need his computers or Vibing abilities to build a device to bust him out of his prison? He just cook that shit up in a dark warehouse, under S-Barry and Frost's noses? WTF?!) Everything eventually came back around to Flashpoint, which started off as an underwhelming opener and never much improved. HR and Tom Felton were the best parts of the season, with happy, amnesiac Barry a close second. Certainly nothing in the finale was anywhere near as cool as Hunter Zolomon's "Metapocalypse", however brief that was back in S3. Anyhow, given that S4 will apparently have a non-speedster baddie, is it too much to hope that the resolution of Barry's Speed Force penance means we can largely puts all that Speed Crap to the side for a good while?

Back
Top Bottom