• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

[FanFix] Spider-Man: Far From Home - Spider-Sense Edition by Masirimso17

New and last(?) clip; this one I'm quite proud of. As always, give me your thoughts please :)

And with that the edit is more or less done., though I'm going to watch the first draft over and see if there's any issues or anything I want to change before releasing it.

New and last(?) clip; this one I'm quite proud of. As always, give me your thoughts please :)

And with that the edit is more or less done., though I'm going to watch the first draft over and see if there's any issues or anything I want to change before releasing it.
I really enjoy this, just like the flashbacks in the last edit, and I feel this could make the impact of the Mysterio visions later in the film even greater.

Seconded on those flashbacks, does a good job of focusing the scenes more around Peter's own emotions and experiences than the overemphasis on Tony Stark's legacy in the theatrical. My one note there is that the musical transition between the dramatic track to the light one that follows feels just slightly disjointed-- is there any way to smooth that out a little more?

The way you've salvaged that drone scene is a major improvement, keeps the beat intact without making Peter seem nearly as bumbling as the theatrical scene did. Great stuff.

Love the music change for the suit-building, too-- shifts the focus more toward Peter and the Civil War call-back is a great touch. My small suggestion is that the beat of Peter and Happy looking at each other at the end might feel a little more natural with a slight extension to the pause in Happy's shot. Maybe muting the last syllable of "Nothin'" and adding a quiet chuckle vocalization?

I think how nitpicky these notes are speaks to the quality of what you've posted here, lol.

And speaking of nitpicks, this might only bother me, but Fury's "Bitch please..." in the Venice hideout scene always struck me as off. Feels like a line they wrote for Samuel L. Jackson, rather than Nick Fury, if that makes sense. I think shortening it down to just "Please, you've been to space" could work well. "Oh, please" may work even better, but it might not be worth the time and effort of sentence splicing.

On a side note, have you considered editing the mid-credits scene onto the end of the movie, like Bobson Dugnutt's edit? I can see the arguments both ways for that one.

Really enjoy everything you've shown so far, looking forward to this release!

Seconded on those flashbacks, does a good job of focusing the scenes more around Peter's own emotions and experiences than the overemphasis on Tony Stark's legacy in the theatrical. My one note there is that the musical transition between the dramatic track to the light one that follows feels just slightly disjointed-- is there any way to smooth that out a little more?

The way you've salvaged that drone scene is a major improvement, keeps the beat intact without making Peter seem nearly as bumbling as the theatrical scene did. Great stuff.

Love the music change for the suit-building, too-- shifts the focus more toward Peter and the Civil War call-back is a great touch. My small suggestion is that the beat of Peter and Happy looking at each other at the end might feel a little more natural with a slight extension to the pause in Happy's shot. Maybe muting the last syllable of "Nothin'" and adding a quiet chuckle vocalization?

I think how nitpicky these notes are speaks to the quality of what you've posted here, lol.

And speaking of nitpicks, this might only bother me, but Fury's "Bitch please..." in the Venice hideout scene always struck me as off. Feels like a line they wrote for Samuel L. Jackson, rather than Nick Fury, if that makes sense. I think shortening it down to just "Please, you've been to space" could work well. "Oh, please" may work even better, but it might not be worth the time and effort of sentence splicing.

On a side note, have you considered editing the mid-credits scene onto the end of the movie, like Bobson Dugnutt's edit? I can see the arguments both ways for that one.

Really enjoy everything you've shown so far, looking forward to this release!

Thanks for the feedback man!

I definitely hear you about the transition to the plane--unfortunately the light track is very present in the 5.1 track even on the central channel so it was very difficult to have it sound natural. I might take another look at it though.

I'm happy with the Happy scene (lol)--I wanted to remove as much "Peter is now the next Tony Stark" stuff from the scene as possible (the hologram stuff is impossible to remove of course but you know what I mean) and I especially removed Happy looking at him longingly and proud, so I don't want any trace of that.

Lol, I see what you mean, but I like the "Bitch, please" line so I'll probably keep it. Not that it would be difficult to cut at all though.

Yup, I definitely moved up the mid credits scene to the end of the movie! Again like @Bobson Dugnutt I also moved up the Fury/Maria Hill post credits scene to mid-credits and added Flash's livestream to post-credits.

Thanks again!

Would anyone be interested in previewing this fanedit? I need someone with really good ears to help me with the audio transitions :) also would appreciate any plot-related observations and, if any, visual glitches (which sometimes happens).

Also, I decided on releasing TWO versions of this edit. I won't release them as separate edits, but one version will include the infamous bus/drone strike scene while the other doesn't. I'm extremely torn on this scene, there are both benefits and drawbacks to including this scene. On the one hand it helps with Peter's impostor syndrome and feeling like he isn't good enough to meet the pressure everyone's putting on him. On the other hand the scene itself is really cringe-worthy and removing that and all references lops seven minutes off the film lol. Anyway, I think it's worth releasing two different versions.

Almost done with this edit, stay tuned!!

Would anyone be interested in previewing this fanedit? I need someone with really good ears to help me with the audio transitions :) also would appreciate any plot-related observations and, if any, visual glitches (which sometimes happens).

Also, I decided on releasing TWO versions of this edit. I won't release them as separate edits, but one version will include the infamous bus/drone strike scene while the other doesn't. I'm extremely torn on this scene, there are both benefits and drawbacks to including this scene. On the one hand it helps with Peter's impostor syndrome and feeling like he isn't good enough to meet the pressure everyone's putting on him. On the other hand the scene itself is really cringe-worthy and removing that and all references lops seven minutes off the film lol. Anyway, I think it's worth releasing two different versions.

Almost done with this edit, stay tuned!!
I'll give it a shot.

With the positive feedback I've recieved from @yoshif8tures, @T-202, @brandon.lindsey, and @Nic (thank you so much guys!) I think this edit is ready for release :D I think I'm going to hold off on releasing the Blu-Ray versions until Spider-Man: No Way Home comes out on 4K & Blu-Ray, simply because of the new Spider-Sense sound effect they implemented in the movie to keep continuity in a quick revision, instead of the sound I ripped from Amazing Spider-Man 1. (I might also revisit some parts of this plus especially Homecoming: Responsibility Edition to use Giacchino's new leitmotif in NWH which I think is for responsibility, instead of the Elfman theme I reused for the edit--and I'm considering even dipping my foot into 4K editing with these simpler edits. :unsure:)

In the meantime, the 8GB 1080p version of Spider-Man: Far From Home - Spider-Sense Edition, separated into regular version and the alternate "No Bus/Drone Strike Version", is now open to sharing and ready to be released in the IFDB! PM me if you'd like to watch this edit :)

Back
Top Bottom