• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

[FanFix] Spider-Man: Far From Home - Spider-Sense Edition by Masirimso17

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello everyone!

With hype for No Way Home skyrocketing, I'd like to announce my next fanedit that I'm releasing very soon. It's a light edit of Spider-Man: Far From Home.

e3dr23A.png

General editing details:
  • Reduce some (but not all) of the comedy--if it interferes with a scene, goes on for too long, or flat out annoys me, it's cut or trimmed. (examples: Peter only bonks his head on the tower bell once, cut Ned's snoring interrupting Nick Fury as the three knocks on the door are enough, etc.)
  • Tighten the first half of the film, which wastes time with high school comedy and distracts from Peter's main inner conflict.
  • Strengthen Peter's desire to escape his Spider-Man persona for a while by adding some Infinity War & Endgame PTSD flashbacks.
  • Cut the entire Aunt May/Happy Hogan romance; it's cringy, unfunny, and does nothing but further sexually objectify an already bland and forgettable version of Peter's wise and motherly aunt.
  • Cut Peter's classmates and Happy fighting the drones in the museum as it accomplishes nothing and is unfunny--after Happy reports they are safe on the phone, it's all about Spider-Man vs. Mysterio
  • Generally trim other brain-dead moments (like Peter shooting Hydro Man with webs--it's WATER, Peter!)
Full change list:

- Replaced the generic Sony/Columbia Pictures music with the music from the opening logos to Homecoming.
- Warmed up the colors of the movie a little bit.
- Added the "Peter's To-Do-List" deleted scene and color corrected it.
- Removed every trace of May and Happy's "fling". They only share a few friendly words.
- Added PTSD flashbacks using Infinity War & Endgame footage when Peter is pressured by reporters and when he looks at his suits before leaving. (Replaced the music with something more somber in his apartment scene to match the new tone.)
- "Peter Tingle" is only uttered once by Aunt May to introduce the concept--it's never referred to as such the rest of the movie.
- Cut Peter shooting webs at Hydro Man. Really, Peter??? It's WATER.
- Cut "I'm really strong and sticky!"
- Peter only bonks his head on the church bell once. The first time was funny, but the repeats were overkill.
- Cut Ned's snores interrupting Fury. Only the knocks on the door interrupts him which is just enough in my opinion.
- Added a subtle Iron Man 3 motif when Peter first recieves the glasses.
- Heavily trimmed and reworked the Drone Strike sequence. OR if you choose to watch the alternate cut, this whole sequence, the leadup to it, and all future references are all cut.
- Cut Brad flipping Peter off.
- Cut "He renamed my life's work BARF."
- Cut the German lady running away yelling "Nacht monkey!"
- Added the Spider-Sense sound from Amazing Spider-Man 1 when he senses Mysterio at the fake SHIELD headquarters.
- Cut Happy looking proudly at Peter building the suit.
- Replaced "Back in Black" with "Left Hand Free".
- Added the deleted scene with Beck in the garage firing the energy pulse. (Replaced Fury and Hill noticing the pulse)
- Cut "Voltron, you're thinking of Voltron!"
- Cut Beck noticing Happy with the kids and vowing to kill them himself. The drones destroying the jet is not an accident.
- Completely cut Happy and the kids escaping Mysterio's drones from the entire final battle. Superfluous.
- Trimmed Spider-Man being smashed between two cars--it originally looked like he broke his neck or something (thanks WhatTheActualMark for the suggestion).
- Added the ASM1 Spider-Sense sound again, replacing Peter saying "Come on, Peter Tingle", and then again when Beck tries to shoot him.
- Added the deleted scene with Peter and MJ in the plane together.
- Cut Aunt May asking about Peter's bag.
- Moved up the mid-credits scene to right before the credits.
- Moved the post-credits scene to the mid-credits spot.
- Added Flash's livestreams to the post-credits spot.

So send me suggestions and let me know what you think!

Last edited:
Sounds nice. Is it possible to include these changes:
1. Remove Captain America from the "in memoriam" section (he's not dead).
2. Add some deleted scenes (I feel like the To-Do List is the only one that works).
3. Remove the whole Tony Stark betraying his co-workers and stealing everyones ideas thing (I refuse to believe that this is the same guy that killed Thanos and his army. Complete waste of 10 years of character development). Ideally would be to trim out his expository villain speech. Or maybe leave the twist at the part where Peter is ambushed by Mysterio. Let's keep believing that he's the good guy until it's all a fake.
4. Remove the part where the lady is running away from Night Monkey (he just helped save the world last night, give him a thank you!).
5. Remove the part where the suitcase blew up? We never saw it blown up, and if it was on Happy's jet, I couldn't see it there.
6. The airport lady sees the suit in the case, but says that he can't have a banana (something about it that I don't really like).
7. No Peter Tingle.
8. Trim the close-up shot of Peter getting smashed by the cars in Tower Bridge (That alone should've craked his neck).
I've looked at the clip and I think if we cut to the satellite after Peter says "Initiating what now?", it would've been more comedic. If there's one thing I would keep about the high school hijinks, is anything involving Mr.Harrington. Martin Starr's physical comedy, improv and some of the lines are genuinely funny. Almost felt sorry about the character about his wife leaving him in secret. Wish there was something anyone can do about Brad Davis. A reshoot would've needed to remove him.
That's all I can say.

2. Add some deleted scenes (I feel like the To-Do List is the only one that works).
3. Remove the whole Tony Stark betraying his co-workers and stealing everyones ideas thing (I refuse to believe that this is the same guy that killed Thanos and his army. Complete waste of 10 years of character development). Ideally would be to trim out his expository villain speech. Or maybe leave the twist at the part where Peter is ambushed by Mysterio. Let's keep believing that he's the good guy until it's all a fake.
4. Remove the part where the lady is running away from Night Monkey (he just helped save the world last night, give him a thank you!).
5. Remove the part where the suitcase blew up? We never saw it blown up, and if it was on Happy's jet, I couldn't see it there.
6. The airport lady sees the suit in the case, but says that he can't have a banana (something about it that I don't really like).
7. No Peter Tingle.
8. Trim the close-up shot of Peter getting smashed by the cars in Tower Bridge (That alone should've craked his neck).
I've looked at the clip and I think if we cut to the satellite after Peter says "Initiating what now?", it would've been more comedic. If there's one thing I would keep about the high school hijinks, is anything involving Mr.Harrington. Martin Starr's physical comedy, improv and some of the lines are genuinely funny. Almost felt sorry about the character about his wife leaving him in secret. Wish there was something anyone can do about Brad Davis. A reshoot would've needed to remove him.
That's all I can say.
I disagree with the Tony Stark part, Tony never was perfect and I think that moment fits him perfectly, especially at that point in the timeline.

I disagree with the Tony Stark part, Tony never was perfect and I think that moment fits him perfectly, especially at that point in the timeline.
I strongly disagree. It's out of character for him to steal everyone's ideas. I get Beck because he's unstable and goes far as killing kids to prove his point in the movie, but if Stark really pissed everyone off for stealing people's ideas, then they should've gotten a lawyer and sued him. Who knows, maybe NWH will The Rise of Skywalker-it and say it was just a fever dream.

7. No Peter Tingle.
That's all I can say.
Thanks for the detailed suggestions, man, I deeply appreciate it! You too, @T-202 for your thoughts!

1. I don't mind Captain America being in the "in memoriam" section because as far as the world is concerned, he is dead--as confirmed by Falcon and the Winter Soldier--even though we know he went back to the 40s/50s to be with Peggy.
2. Peter's To-Do-List is definitely going back in, no question haha. I'm also including the one with Peter and MJ sleeping in the plane back and the one where Beck has a bunch of fake witnesses and talks to Fury in a garage.
3. I've always wanted to do something about Stark being Mysterio's prime motivation anyway as I've always had a problem with tying him back to Stark again (the whole "BARF" thing is ridiculous). I may keep them being former Stark employees but have Beck only want EDITH so he can be appreciated as a hero (though the whole BARF thing also explains Beck having always been shunned and underappreciated, and his monologue about people only being appreciated if they have a cape is supported by that--however the monologue may still be enough. I'll see what I can do.)
4. Good idea, I'll trim that little moment.
5. I removed the mention by Aunt May that it got blown up--better not to bring attention to it.
6. Sorry, I'm keeping that. Always loved that moment, very classic Spider-Man 😁
7. I may or may not keep Aunt May saying Peter-tingle at the beginning (it might help the audience associate with it idk), but the Peter-tingle repeats in the rest of the movie are cut. To compensate I added the Spider-sense sound effect from ASM1.
8. I'll see what I can do about that.

I'm revisiting the clip due to some feedback including yours: I'll cut to the satellite after "Initiating what now?" and I'm also reinstating the "baby mountain goats" stuff. It's a little annoying but it explains how his classmates don't see him when he stops the drone.

Last edited:
So I've run into a bit of an editing snag when removing the woman running from "Night Monkey" in Berlin. Here's what I initially did:

Problem is, she disappears with the cut. I may try to remove her with VFX, but it may be more trouble than it's worth.

To remedy this I tried a number of other transitions to Fury. Could you guys check it out and see which one works best?

Thanks for the detailed suggestions, man, I deeply appreciate it! You too, @T-202 for your thoughts!

1. I don't mind Captain America being in the "in memoriam" section because as far as the world is concerned, he is dead--as confirmed by Falcon and the Winter Soldier--even though we know he went back to the 40s/50s to be with Peggy.
2. Peter's To-Do-List is definitely going back in, no question haha. I'm also including the one with Peter and MJ sleeping in the plane back and the one where Beck has a bunch of fake witnesses and talks to Fury in a garage.
3. I've always wanted to do something about Stark being Mysterio's prime motivation anyway as I've always had a problem with tying him back to Stark again (the whole "BARF" thing is ridiculous). I may keep them being former Stark employees but have Beck only want EDITH so he can be appreciated as a hero (though the whole BARF thing also explains Beck having always been shunned and underappreciated, and his monologue about people only being appreciated if they have a cape is supported by that--however the monologue may still be enough. I'll see what I can do.)
4. Good idea, I'll trim that little moment.
5. I removed the mention by Aunt May that it got blown up--better not to bring attention to it.
6. Sorry, I'm keeping that. Always loved that moment, very classic Spider-Man 😁
7. I may or may not keep Aunt May saying Peter-tingle at the beginning (it might help the audience associate with it idk), but the Peter-tingle repeats in the rest of the movie are cut. To compensate I added the Spider-sense sound effect from ASM1.
8. I'll see what I can do about that.

I'm revisiting the clip due to some feedback including yours: I'll cut to the satellite after "Initiating what now?" and I'm also reinstating the "baby mountain goats" stuff. It's a little annoying but it explains how his classmates don't see him when he stops the drone.
Fair enough on the Captain America part. It just seems odd that they would add this after Endgame where he was seen alive. Otherwise, they should release the movies chronologically to avoid confusion.
I have another suggestion: can you do something about May saying she was one of the people that got dusted at the end of Infinity War. It's just that Russo Brothers confirmed that she survived and wouldn't make sense for them to change it already given the amount of time they had to work on the movie. Everyone was expecting her to survive and feels a tad disappointing that she also got dusted as well.

So I've run into a bit of an editing snag when removing the woman running from "Night Monkey" in Berlin. Here's what I initially did:

Problem is, she disappears with the cut. I may try to remove her with VFX, but it may be more trouble than it's worth.

To remedy this I tried a number of other transitions to Fury. Could you guys check it out and see which one works best?

Number 4 works well for me.

I have another suggestion: can you do something about May saying she was one of the people that got dusted at the end of Infinity War. It's just that Russo Brothers confirmed that she survived and wouldn't make sense for them to change it already given the amount of time they had to work on the movie. Everyone was expecting her to survive and feels a tad disappointing that she also got dusted as well.
They did? Hmm. I didn't know that. Is there anything inconsistent with the films, or something in particular that bothers you about being dusted? I personally don't see a problem with her being dusted too but maybe you can help me see.

They did? Hmm. I didn't know that. Is there anything inconsistent with the films, or something in particular that bothers you about being dusted? I personally don't see a problem with her being dusted too but maybe you can help me see.
I'm sure it doesn't matter since she's fine with Peter since they both bit the dust. I was just thinking that maybe to keep her alive to bring more drama and not wanting Peter to be Spider-Man for a while in case anything like that happens again. I think reinstating what Russo's said before would see that the filmmakers were working closely to keep things consistent with each other's vision. It's also odd that everyone in Peter's life got the same outcome as him and all came back unchanged. I think at least one person (other than Tony or Happy) should've been kept alive after IW. Not to mention that Marisa Tomei looks the same after all these years so it's plausible.

New test, does this work? Or is it weird that Happy just says that and leaves? Should I cut around it?

Never mind, here's my new version:

Here's the original for context:

Also here's a cool clip. No more AC/DC, no more thematic dissonance 😁

I'm sure it doesn't matter since she's fine with Peter since they both bit the dust. I was just thinking that maybe to keep her alive to bring more drama and not wanting Peter to be Spider-Man for a while in case anything like that happens again. I think reinstating what Russo's said before would see that the filmmakers were working closely to keep things consistent with each other's vision. It's also odd that everyone in Peter's life got the same outcome as him and all came back unchanged. I think at least one person (other than Tony or Happy) should've been kept alive after IW. Not to mention that Marisa Tomei looks the same after all these years so it's plausible.
You're definitely right but I just think there's not enough in the movie to bring that drama in. Especially considering that May WANTS Peter to be Spider-Man in the movie even more than Peter himself, contrary to what you said lol

Last edited:
Thank God! If I might make a suggestion, could you remove Happy asking Peter where they're gonna go after the latter says "I'm gonna kick his ass"? I feel like that big undercut the triumphant flow of the moment.

As for a possible title, erm, how about "The Spider-Sense Special Edition", Star Wars-style? 😀

Thank God! If I might make a suggestion, could you remove Happy asking Peter where they're gonna go after the latter says "I'm gonna kick his ass"? I feel like that big undercut the triumphant flow of the moment.

As for a possible title, erm, how about "The Spider-Sense Special Edition", Star Wars-style? 😀
Can't really do that because that leads directly into them planning what they're gonna do (and there's no usable reaction shot or something to try to accomplish what you're saying).

Not a bad title, but I think I'd prefer something simpler

Just one more suggestion: for the Marvel logo, is it possible to use Stan Lee variant? I know it was used in Captain Marvel to pay tribute to him. I just think that FFH is the last and only MCU film in the Infinity Saga not to feature Stan Lee's cameo and what fitting would it be to have his logo on the movie of a character that everyone loves?

Just one more suggestion: for the Marvel logo, is it possible to use Stan Lee variant? I know it was used in Captain Marvel to pay tribute to him. I just think that FFH is the last and only MCU film in the Infinity Saga not to feature Stan Lee's cameo and what fitting would it be to have his logo on the movie of a character that everyone loves?
I.... love the idea, but... this film begins with an ironic and very mocking "in memoriam" montage (cutting that creates a very abrupt cut into the news report
I don't intend to cut the news report because it provides important info about the world post-Thanos imo) and I really don't think it's very respectful to pair the Stan Lee Marvel Logo with that. I truly appreciate the suggestion though.

Alright, how about "Vacation Situation"? 😀
Hmmm... no, sorry. (Thanks though)

Back
Top Bottom