• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

ELSEWORLDS: THE PRELUDE TO CRISIS EDITION

Will Constantine appear? Undetermined at this moment. It depends on whether I decides to keep the Resurrection Subplot of a certain character or not.
If I can throw in my 2 cents.

Please Please Please do your best to keep Matt Ryan! :D

The best Constantine we've had. Makes everything better. :) When the series ended and he showed up on Arrow I lost my damn mind lol. Love his work.
(If you want an alternative Constantine, watch a film called The Ref with Dennis Leary. I know it 'isn't' constantine, but if you squint your eyes and ignore his name in the movie he's spot on and would have made a much better Constantine than Keanu.)

Matt Ryan is amazing as Constantine. Not even the confines of PG-13 CW television can diminish his performance.

And then, when Legends of Tomorrow lost the rights to Constantine, Ryan proved his incredible talent again by becoming a completely different character.
He is one magnificent Bastard! ;) 😁 👍

@Martian Manhunter THANK YOU for your review.

Here 3 episodes of 40 min are edited into a film of just under 2h. Again, t's seamless. You never feel like anything is missing even though about 25 minutes throughout the 3 episodes were jettisoned.

I am always worried I may have cut too much. When you have been invested in these shows as long as I have, and know how a certain line may set up a future storyline, it is easy to want to keep it, even though it has no baring on the narrative at hand. So I am happy that these fan edits seem to keeping the right balance for new viewers so far. :)

THANK YOU @Fran_Garcia for taking the time to post a review.

I really think that Warner Bros. and DC must watch this edit and learn something on how to make and edit movies and stop making crap.
😁 You have really Made My Day! I needed that! Thank you again!!! :love:

@LastSurvivor THANK YOU very much for you review!

Admittedly, I'm a bit late to the game on this one, but I really admire the hard work that Bob has gone to in presenting his version of the Crisis storyline, and this verision of Elseworlds certainly acts as the perfect prelude. It really makes you want to start watching is Countdown to Crisis edits immediately afterwards. Coming from someone like me who can easily suffer from superhero fatigue, that's meant as a huge compliment.
The CRISIS Saga has been a joy to create and I hope as you experience the unfolding story you continue to be entertained. :)

Thank You @finalapproach for taking the time to post a review. It is deeply appreciated. :)

...they were too drama heavy and often felt like a soap opera more-so than a comic book series. Bionicbob fixed that, and created a viewing experience that feels like a really great movie.
That is very kind of you to say. It is always a challenge with Arrowverse edits deciding between the good soap and the bad soap, as there is a lot of it, and a certain amount is often necessary to help either drive the plot or create character investment. So I am very happy you found this to be fun instead of sudsy! 😁

This was unbelievable, every scene had me hooked. Not a minute of wasted time or scenes that went nowhere, if I didn't already know I wouldn't have believed this was several episodes of different TV shows put together. Easy 10/10, if you like DC you need to see this.

The transition from the Evil Cisco bar scene to his office feels like it should hold on his face a touch longer and the music should end a little sooner as it plays over their dialogue in the next scene, I'm not an editor though that might not have been possible with the footage you had to work with

This was unbelievable, every scene had me hooked. Not a minute of wasted time or scenes that went nowhere, if I didn't already know I wouldn't have believed this was several episodes of different TV shows put together. Easy 10/10, if you like DC you need to see this.

The transition from the Evil Cisco bar scene to his office feels like it should hold on his face a touch longer and the music should end a little sooner as it plays over their dialogue in the next scene, I'm not an editor though that might not have been possible with the footage you had to work with
If memory serves, I do not think there was any extra material left. That was actually three separate scenes that were edited together and given a complete audio rebuild from scratch. As for fading out the music slightly earlier, you are probably right about that.

THANK YOU for your glowing post. Always great when another DC Fan enjoys these. :)

@letterpoop Thank You for taking the time to post a review.

The story flowed well and was kept tight, which I felt ultimately improved the enjoyment and narrative here.

Happy to hear you enjoyed it. Never enough love for the Arrowverse imo! :love: 😁:)

A big Thank You to @The Shade for their review.

(btw, love your Forum Name! The Shade is one of favorite characters from Robinson's Starman run!)

While I initially thought that some subplots should be removed, like Arrow & Felicity having relationship issues, their meeting up later on justified keeping that in. Good eye on that.
My basic rule when fan editing, particularly multiple episode tv show arcs, is always start at The End.
Know your Ending and build backwards.

And with Arrowverse shows, this is even more important. It is very easy to think you should cut a very "soapy" scene in an earlier act, only to later realize that there is some vital piece of information in that cut scene that sells the final pay off, be it plotwise or characterwise. It is very challenging at times. Sometimes you have to cut a scene you love and keep a scene you hate in order for the new narrative work. With that said, there was still a lot of Felicity drama cut from the Elseworlds fan edit LOL.

The audio was clear for the most part, except for one small part and this may have been done by the original tv audio. Some of the early audio when they arrive in Gotham City felt a bit low in my audio equipment (of course, my audio equipment is a 10 plus year 5.1 home theatre in a box, so make of that what you will). It's only a minor nitpick.
Audio is a challenge when joining various Arrowverse shows together, as no two are encoded alike. For example, with Arrow, while the center dialogue channel is clean, it is encoded very, very, VERY low. While a show like Supergirl is very loud with a mixed center channel. I try to compensate for it, but I do not always succeed.

If corny jokes were removed, I did not detect it. Thank you though, for keeping the corniest joke when the Grant Gustin really really hams it up. That joke was just too good and had to be kept in.
While quite a few cringey dialogue lines were removed, I always felt The Flash should be lighter character and Gustin is such a great comedic actor that he can sell pretty anything. 😁

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom