• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

ELSEWORLDS: THE PRELUDE TO CRISIS EDITION

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The road to Crisis on Infinite Earths begins here....
full

Oliver and Barry awaken to discover they have been body swapped! To solve this reality altering mystery, they will need the help of Supergirl and travel the lengths of the DCU, from Gotham City to the cosmic beyond. All the while, a mysterious entity known as the Monitor, watches and evaluates their every move.

A TV to Movie fan edit of the three episode Arrowverse crossover "Elseworlds" from Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl.

Basic Cut List:
--all commercial breaks, recaps, series intros gone
--series title cards for parts two and three zoomed and cropped out
--Elseworlds font used for city and Earth designations for visual continuity

Part one....
--cut Earth-90 prologue
--cut "I am the Flash/Ollie" teaser
--created new Elseworlds title card
--rearranged order of Barry Argus scene
--cut to hard black when Barry is punched out by Ralph
--minor trim to Smallville scene to remove title card and audio rebuild
--cut Barry asking if Ollie is puffing out his chest
--move up earlier Oliver training Barry scene
--ADDED deleted scene of Clark and Ollie
--cut concerned Iris reaction shot
--cut Sherlock Wells alimony cheque
--cut Barry and Iris scene

Part two...
--cut "I am the Green Arrow/Barry" teaser
--cut the Son of Deathstroke scene
--trimmed the Trinity's Argus scene to remove repeat of plot
--trimmed Barry's reaction shot to Felicity
--cut Argus scene about Felicity and body swap
--cut Felicity and Caitlin scene
--cut Mr. Terrific "cool" line
--rearranged Deegan releasing Arkham inmates
--ADDED Supergirl and Deegan scene
--rearranged Fear Toxin scene
--ADDED Earth-90 flashback
--cut Ollie's line about the Monitor giving Deegan the Book back

Part three...
--cut "I am Superman/Deegan" teaser
--trimmed/rearranged evil Superman arrival transition
--trimmed Kara and Evil Superman conversation
--cut Monitor's line about Ollie's 'hubris'
--cut Alex and Frost scene
--combined 3 separate scenes of Barry, Ollie & Mr. Ramone into one, complete audio rebuild
--moved/trimmed 1st Kara & Alex scene
--trimmed "nice suit" scene
--rearranged Lois slo-mo falling scene
--cut Batwoman phone call and Psycho Pirate scene
--ADDED new Elseworld title card

--added new end credits
--added mid-credit scene

ORIGINAL RUNTIME: 126 minutes
FAN EDIT RUNTIME: 114 minutes
approximately 14 minutes cut, 4 minutes added.
10G MP4 File

Trailer:
:)

Last edited:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
...and for those who did not follow the In The Works thread, here are some edit samples:

New Title Card:

Transition from Part One to Part Two:

Adding a Deleted Scene:

Transition from Part Two to Part Three:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THANK YOU to @Dwight Fry and @drvrjon for their wonderful reviews.

Okay, I'll say it: Bionic Bob should be hired as the showrunner for the Arrowverse. Or an advisor for the showrunners, at least.
😂 :love: :giggle:

To dream the impossible dream!!! Anyone have Greg Berlanti's phone number? lol

Though to me, it seems like a No-Brainer, that Warner Discovery should just transition the Arrowverse to the Big Screen while they try to figure out what to do with the rest of their stable. It has a brand recognition and a built in fan base, and all the hard work of casting and general pre-production is done. Give Berlanti Productions a mid-tier budget and let them finally make their own Justice League movie.

Back to fan editing, pre-production has begun on CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS Part One (or maybe BOOK ONE??), which is entitled COUNTDOWN.
Currently rewatching the first 8 episodes of ARROW's final season, to figure what I need and figure out how to distill Oliver's portion of the movie down to about one hour.

Also, today, OCTOBER 10th, 2022 is the 10th ANNIVERSARY of ARROW, the show that birthed it's own universe!

OrhHYwpl.jpg

Last edited:

DirtyCop1036

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was never really a fan of the CW DC shows, but as movies, I'll gladly give it a shot. Do you think I can watch your CW edits without a huge knowledge of the Arrowverse?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was never really a fan of the CW DC shows, but as movies, I'll gladly give it a shot. Do you think I can watch your CW edits without a huge knowledge of the Arrowverse?
I think so. Even though these types of shows are serialized, they are still designed for casual Network watching, so there are always a scene in every episode where a character will do an exposition dump on either the relationship status of our heroes or current Big Bad plot.

Often, these crossovers are used to bring resolution to an ongoing soap plot from one of the individual Arrowverse shows. So while I do try to make these fan edit movies self-contained, I do retain these exposition moments to bring the viewer up to date the best I can.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You definitely can, though I guess it helps if you're familiar with the characters from the comic books. Not everything and everyone is the same from the pages, and sometimes the differences are huge (Cisco Ramon is unrecognizable - fortunately!) but if you are attached to the comic book versions you'll find a lot of stuff that rings true.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@Nic THANK YOU for your review.

...the lack of an overt teasing of the upcoming crisis before the credits roll.

A good observation. My thinking on this is at this point in the narrative timeline, the Coming Crisis is still vague, undefined. Thus, I decided to go with the Time Vault scene instead of something more substantive. Hopefully, if I do my work right, Crisis Part One CountDown, will fill this narrative role.

Though one thing that has come clear to me after doing these two recent crossovers and having just recently re-watched COIE for the first time in over 2 years, is despite them being BIG EVENTS, the actual Crisis part of the story is in reality, secondary. The driving element of these stories is Character and Relationships. Which makes sense considering the budget limitations of these shows. Arrowverse's COIE, at it's core, is Oliver's story. It is about his sacrifice, legacy and inspiration. And that part of the crossover works exceptionally well. The actual Crisis is clunky due to many different issues that I will discuss later when I create the In-The-Works thread. So my approach when doing these edits is to favour and lean into what I view are the strengths of the original narrative, which for me is the relationships of these heroes.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THANK YOU @MusicEd921 for taking the time to post a review, it is always deeply appreciated. :)

...if I HAD to give any sort of criticism (besides a hurry up on giving me the next crossover adventure to watch), it would be the most minor nitpick of cutting the very last portion of The Monitor telling Oliver there needs to be a balance if Kara and Barry are to live.
Actually, the only thing I cut from the Monitor conversations was his repeated use of the word "hubris", as it was too repetitive in this movie form. The full reveal of Oliver's deal with the Monitor does not happen until the season seven finale of ARROW. I did consider lifting this scene and inserting it into Elseworlds, but decided it would work better for the opening of CRISIS Part One.

Now, we wait for the red skies to appear as the Crisis is inevitable…..

Prepping continues for CRISIS Part one. I have a couple more episodes to rip before the actual editing work begins. And this one will be a lot of work.
Somehow I am going to have to boil down about 5 hours of material into a 90 - 120 fan edit.
I see more grey hair in my future.... 😋

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Honestly, with a movie of that scope, 2+ hours is welcomed!
It might happen. I just did not want Part One to be significantly longer that Part 2 and 3, which I figure based on the material would also be between 90-120mins.

But we shall see how it all unfolds this next month ;)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And a THIRD glowing review from @Profit ! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :)

I literally jumped out of my chair the first time it aired when Flash-90 shows up in this

Me too! They had been teasing the return of Flash-90 since season one when Barry first travelled through the Speed Force. But when the official announcement finally came, I was still bowled over with surprise and excitement.

Profit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't kept up with CW shows... I might give this a try
You should. Bob has done a fantastic job editing down these multi-show crossovers into a movie length series. Anxiously awaiting Crisis.
Then we just need to convince Bob to do movie version of each individual season of each show that connects to crisis and we are golden ;)

DirtyCop1036

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I finally could catch up with Elseworld, perfect timing for Crisis. I enjoyed every bit of this one, that's a 100% rewatchable edit! That Elseworld crossover has better writing and better fighting choreographies in my opinion. And it's so damn good to discover some new Superman adventures, It's my first introduction to Tyler Hoechlin as the Boy Scout and the guy definitely has the vibe. I'm boosted to watch Superman & Lois now! It will do me some good after that infamous announcement.
Thanks @bionicbob for that awesome moment!

I found it funny when body-swapped Barry starts mercilessly killing inmates outside Arkham with a bow and arrows 😆

Will the Crisis on Infinite Earth edit involve multiple Supermen (Hoechlin, Wellings and Rooth?) and John Constantine?

Last edited:

Profit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I finally could catch up with Elseworld, perfect timing for Crisis. I enjoyed every bit of this one, that's a 100% rewatchable edit! That Elseworld crossover has better writing and better fighting choreographies in my opinion. And it's so damn good to discover some new Superman adventures, It's my first introduction to Tyler Hoechlin as the Boy Scout and the guy definitely has the vibe. I'm boosted to watch Superman & Lois now! It will do me some good after that infamous announcement.
Thanks @bionicbob for that awesome moment!

I found it funny when body-swapped Barry starts mercilessly killing inmates outside Arkham with a bow and arrows 😆

Will the Crisis on Infinite Earth edit involve multiple Supermen (Hoechlin, Wellings and Rooth?) and John Constantine?
If you like Tyler as Big Blue, watch the first 4 minutes (just the first 4, though the rest isn't to bad) of the Superman and Lois series. The first 4 minutes does what no other DC property has been able to do, tell you everything you need to know about the character without a 2 1/2 hour origin movie. Tyler is perfect in the role.

Profit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Those first 4 minutes are magic aren't they. :)
If the rest of the DC properties were able to do what those first 4 minutes do Marvel would have some serious competition.

DirtyCop1036

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Those first 4 minutes are magic aren't they. :)
If the rest of the DC properties were able to do what those first 4 minutes do Marvel would have some serious competition.

SupermanAndLoisHeader.jpg

This man, this is beyond magic! Shame they didn't keep the 1942 suit.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THANK YOU @DirtyCop1036 for your review. So happy to hear you had such a fun time with this edit. 😁

Tyler Hoechlin is absolutely wonderful as both Superman and Clark Kent.
He was pitch perfect right out of the gate in first appearance in the season two opener of SUPERGIRL...
(^ this scene still gives me the FEELS after all these years!!! 🥰)

He continues to be great is his own well deserved series SUPERMAN & LOIS... though spoiler alert.. he is playing a different Superman.

Yes, multiple Supermen do appear and yes there is an epic team-up/fight scene between two Supermans.

Will Constantine appear? Undetermined at this moment. It depends on whether I decides to keep the Resurrection Subplot of a certain character or not.

This crossover is more focused on the characters rather than full action, which is, I found, more suitable for a TV to Film edit.

If you prefer character beats over action, then I think you may enjoy my latest release of COUNTDOWN PART ONE. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom