• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

DOOM - the posessed re-cut

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
SHODANFreeman said:
Usenet is impossibly difficult to set up, and I tried reading several guides, the main problem is that it requires you to pay money to use it. I'm not paying money to be able to download fan edits of movies I already own. Enjoy your tiny community that will never get any bigger because you refuse to use accessible technology. I'm done with this crap.

I LOL'd

hemad.jpg

You are not required to do anything. Most ISP's have free (though limited access to newsgroups. You don't like that method? Find other ways. And when you find one that is free, safe, easy to use and effective, give me a buzz. I'll be waiting on pins and needles. You can receive out of this community equivalent to what you contribute. It seems that you want to just show up and take, all the while bitching about how it's done.

reave said:
You are not required to do anything. Most ISP's have free (though limited access to newsgroups. You don't like that method? Find other ways. And when you find one that is free, safe, easy to use and effective, give me a buzz. I'll be waiting on pins and needles. You can receive out of this community equivalent to what you contribute. It seems that you want to just show up and take, all the while bitching about how it's done.

What's the point of a fan edit if no one is able to watch it? Hosting through usenet is just about the easiest way to guarantee that almost no one will ever actually see the vast majority of content created. You might as well host it on an external hard drive in the middle of the desert without internet access.

Your inability to understand Usenet withstanding, that's a pretty foolish statement. Usenet is the oldest and safest way to share files. Millions of people use it every day. Most of the files you see on file lockers and torrent sites started their life on newsgroups.

Again, find a better alternative. There are several ways to acquire fanedits, and no one is restricting you to just one. Pm the editor, search torrent sites, track down the fanedit file sites and figure it out. Fanedits are acquired hundreds of times every day, and rarely does anyone complain about how they got them.

reave said:
Your inability to understand Usenet withstanding, that's a pretty foolish statement. Usenet is the oldest and safest way to share files. Millions of people use it every day. Most of the files you see on file lockers and torrent sites started their life on newsgroups.

Again, find a better alternative. There are several ways to acquire fanedits, and no one is restricting you to just one. Pm the editor, search torrent sites, track down the fanedit file sites and figure it out. Fanedits are acquired hundreds of times every day, and rarely does anyone complain about how they got them.

This fan-edit in this specific post is effectively non-existent on the entirety of the internet. I've been searching for weeks and I'm fed up with it. None of the 5 torrents I've tried have a single seed, much less any peers. There's no way I can use usenet to download it without paying someone exorbitant amounts of money for a subscription.

In this specific circumstance, there is no way I can possibly see this edit. Awesome.

You do realize that the torrent he is referring to hasn't had a seed for years, right?

Did you bother asking anyone via pm? Did you search for a thread to post a request for "missing" fanedits? Or would you like for someone to just read your mind and hand it to you on a platter?

Look, I get that there is a learning curve in finding underground materials like this, I was there. But I found it, and I did it by joining the community and befriending those who could help me.

In the days before file lockers and torrents we shared our work through the mail, trades and yes, Usenet.

Before you start trashing a system that you're not familiar with, perhaps you should ask around to all the users who have little problem finding what they need.

I think this has gone on long enough.

SHODANFreeman said:
Please do, I have no intention of ever coming back here. It's completely illogical to force people to pay for usenet service. Use torrents like the rest of the internet.

Request granted.

SHODANFreeman said:
This fan-edit in this specific post is effectively non-existent on the entirety of the internet. I've been searching for weeks and I'm fed up with it. None of the 5 torrents I've tried have a single seed, much less any peers. There's no way I can use usenet to download it without paying someone exorbitant amounts of money for a subscription.

In this specific circumstance, there is no way I can possibly see this edit. Awesome.

So now you see why many editors don't choose to torrent because, after a time, they are no longer seeded.

SHODANFreeman said:
None of the 5 torrents I've tried have a single seed, much less any peers.

And yet you say to use torrents like the rest of the internet. There's a reason that fanedits don't typically use torrents. These are niche projects and there just aren't enough people to stick around and seed these things.

You know, in the time that we've spent discussing this, you could have bought a small block of Usenet for $5 and downloaded 20 fanedits. Or politely asked someone to help you track this down.

You can't be helped if you stubbornly stick to demanding a method of sharing that is obviously not a prominent method in this community.

Be a little more flexible and a lot more humble and you might just succeed.

Would be great to see this redone in HD, never did get a chance to check it out. By the way Usenet really isn't that complex to setup and there's tons of trials out there for it, it's how I've gotten most of my edits without paying a cent. Most trials run for about a week or two, some for a day which is more than enough time to grab a few edits.

-HollywooD- said:
Would be great to see this redone in HD, never did get a chance to check it out. By the way Usenet really isn't that complex to setup and there's tons of trials out there for it, it's how I've gotten most of my edits without paying a cent. Most trials run for about a week or two, some for a day which is more than enough time to grab a few edits.

welcome [MENTION=11486]-HollywooD-[/MENTION]. I think it's fairly unlikely that this would get recut in HD. Boon23 is largely inactive as an editor these days. I'm sure someone ambitious enough could recut the video in HD.

well, that's true for each of my fanedits. They can be taken as an inspiration and improved, both in video/audio quality as well as in the content. Since I am not an active faneditor anymore and I don't see that changing anytime soon (it's really and just a matter of spare time actually), it would be in my opinion a waste to have an attitude of any kind of spiritual ownership in regards to any of my fanediting projects. Actually it would make me very proud if based on my ideas something great could be achieved. So: if you are inspired by one of my edits, feel absolutely free to use any idea for your own work. I would though love to get a message about this project and there is a good chance that I will watch your fanedit and review it.

Wait, are we back on topic now? ;)

I reuploaded the DVD5 to Mega. Links can be found at Info if anybody wants to see it.

Back
Top Bottom