original film name: Doom - unrated director's cut
new film name : Doom - the posessed re-cut
film studio name : Universal
edit crew name : CBB
Date Original Film Was Released : 2005
Date Edit Was Released : 18 NOV 2006
Original Runtime : 113 min
New Runtime : 96 min
Amount of time Cut/Added : 2 minutes added 9 minutes cut
Cuts removed/added/extended :
1. Added intro sequence using scenes from Resident Evil and Doom Trailer.
2. Removed white shoes.
3. Removed legs cutting scene.
4. Removed strip search thread.
5. Removed Mac scene.
6. Removed Dr Grimm and Duke teasing.
7. Removed Reaper flashback.
8. Kept C24 explanation (which is a huge difference to Scaperat's first edit).
9. Removed almost the entire Ego Shooter sequence, except for plot.
10. Re-arranged ego shooter leftover.
11. Re-sounded ego shooter leftover.
12. Removed flying sequence from showdown.
13. Added new end credits
Conceptual improvements/advancements of edit over original:
I tried to make this a scarier, darker, less funny experience, prety much in the spirit of ALIENS. This is not supposed to be a video game movie anymore. It is supposed to be a true horror/action movie. Therefore I cut a lot of nensense and crap, most of all the ego shootersequence, which just did not fit to the overall atmosphere, and the teasing scene between Duke and Samtha, which was really hard to take because of bad acting. My edit is based on Scaperat's ideas and his fanedit: Doom - the posessed cut. Imade this editionwith his authorization.
96 minutes NTSC 2.35 anamorphic widescreeen AC3-5.1
Single Layer, 3.8GB, 4500kb/s vbr video, 448kb/s cbr audio
languages ENGLISH GERMAN
Cover and disc art
2 deleted scenes
Time needed for the edition: planning: 1 week editing: 5 days sound editing: 2 days DVD layout and features: 7 days persons involved: 1
RS on linktalk (DVD and xvis)
BT on piratebay (xvid only)