• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

death magnetic

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After first hear through my first impression is that whole album is one same song.....Im really disappointed.....songs seems to be forced... Im not going to buy right now.....:(

master of puppets 4life!

ugggg, this is a new metallica album?? They need to give up.

I used to like these guys. When I saw some TV special where they did a show with snoop dog or some other "c"rap loser I lost all respect for them.

well, i lost a lot of respect for them when they were napster nazis. Sure pirating music is shitty, but these guys were ridiculous. They have made more money than most artists put together, and they were attacking everybody. For crying out loud, they have their own action figures!!! On top of that, their last several albums have been TEH SUCK.

Thankfully we have cool artists like NIN and Radiohead, who know they have made plenty, dont give a shit about the record companies, and have given their music FOR FREE to the fans.

please Metallica, do the world a favor, and disappear.

While I am not a huge metallica fan (anymore) after I realized that the Black Album kinda sucked and they cut their hair and tried to sue me for downloading their songs off Napster....I have to give credit where credit is due.

Death Magnetic feels like the first real Metallica album since the Black Album. Load, Reload, st Anger - while all really bad (IMO) to me they felt like Metallica was trying desperately to 'fit in' by removing what made them Metallica and emulating all the Nu Metal bullshit that was overpowering the sales/airwaves/etc of the mid 90's to the mid 00's (godsmack, staind, etc. aka: yuck)

Personally I think DM sounds like 'older' Metallica circa "And Justice/Black Album" era and while still on the weak side, it feels like they are making "their" style of music again and not just what is marketable.

Hetfield needs to shut up but Hammett is right on point on many of these new songs.

3 stars out of 5

I didn't know this was up for download already. I'm a huge Metallica fan and was planning on purchasing it on Friday but now I'm not so sure. I'm downloading it now to see if it's any good and if I like it I'll pick it up.

Yes, ironic/moronic for a band that gained a large fan base in part by encouraging distribution of bootleg cassette copies of their music to be so strident against it now. It hardly matters, as they are about as relevant as a cassette tape these days anyway.

jokersmailbag said:
Yes, ironic/moronic for a band that gained a large fan base in part by encouraging distribution of bootleg cassette copies of their music to be so strident against it now. It hardly matters, as they are about as relevant as a cassette tape these days anyway.

And an 8-Track cassette at that.

well...I really like St Anger album.... but I must agree that there are few bands which greed made blind/dumb

Oh please, they should quit before Dave Mustaine goes medieval on them. Honestly, I actually paid to hear it, and it may be one of the worst purchases I ever made.

when i listened to it i told my wife ´hey listen up: it´s the new metallica album´. and she said ´hey, cool´.

after twenty minutes she came back in the room and said ´is that still the same song?´ - or in other words:

crap! stupid, extremely boring rock millionair hobby rock! i even watched this therapy session documentary and it already painted this picture: rock millionairs crying over the lost creativity of the good old days but still sitting together and desperately try to sound interesting.

who needs albums like that if there is good music out there?

Heinrich said:
who needs albums like that if there is good music out there?

EXACTLY. who needs bands like that, when there are PLENTY of talented artists out there. most of whom the majority of you will never hear. Go!! explore!! and please, let us all peacefully forget Metallica.

Grievous Angel Draven said:
before Dave Mustaine goes medieval on them.

...and if there is one guy in the world that´s as stupid and embarrassing as lars ulrich it is Mr. ´damn you sick world for me being a multimillion dollar rockstar who always wanted to play in this other band´.

embarassing.

lemmy kilminster will hopefully dance on their graves soon...

ThrowgnCpr said:
EXACTLY. who needs bands like that, when there are PLENTY of talented artists out there. most of whom the majority of you will never hear. Go!! explore!! and please, let us all peacefully forget Metallica.

listen to this guy. he really knows where to grab the hot bitches!

:)

after twenty minutes she came back in the room and said ´is that still the same song?´

thanks God Im not alone in that feeling........only song different is unforgiven III which is worst on whole album.......
......but...... I liked "my apocalypse"...... no one knows...maybe it is not bad as it seems.....

exploration adventure #1.....

This band is called "Russian Circles"
[youtube:2amnto9z]

Interesting note. The lyrics are included in the booklet, but the songs are in a different order.

My Apocalypse
That Was Just Your Life
Cyanide
All Nightmare Long
The Day that Never Comes
Suicide and Redemption
Broken, Beat and Scarred
End of the Line
Unforgiven III
Judas Kiss

Does anyone smell fanedit? I will certainly listen to the songs in this order. It can't hurt the way I feel about the album right now. It will probably help, because I feel there is a bit of a balance issue on the album now. The quality really tapers after track 5, though I think My Apocalypse is pretty solid.

ThrowgnCpr said:
exploration adventure #1.....

This band is called "Russian Circles"
[youtube:36a1wuq9]

now thats some bad ass stuff - kinda reminds me of a more proggy 'pelican' - my drummer has mentioned them (russian circles) before but i havent heard them before this. I will definately check out their catalog.

lol, yes, it kind of is a more progressive Pelican. And to be honest I don't think this video even does the album 'Enter' any justice. check it out. I'll have to think of a good one for exploration adventure #2 :D

Im' a Metallica fan since 89, and Death Magnetic is great!
Not their best work ever, but come on, That was just your life could have been on ...And Justice for all.
I loved Load, kinda liked St-Anger (some good ideas in it), but DM is the first album since The Black one that I can listen all day long without getting bored.

Back
Top Bottom