• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

death magnetic

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, I dont know why but DM is really growing on me.

at first I thought it felt more like the black album but after repeated listens I think it does feel more like post ..and justice.

Stonehenge

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well it's definitely their best since "none more black"
but it still feels like Metallica by numbers, at least they're emulating the young Metallica
there's not a classic on this album but there's some good moments

FatherMerrin

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Apparently people are a bit pissed that the mastering of the record is better on Guitar Hero than on the CD. Listen below, you can see their point. Or hear their point, whatever, you know what I mean.

[youtube:j5jncqxb]

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hmmph!? :?
is that due to format limitations (cd vs dvd/download)? or are they really just that frakkin lazy?

too bad as I'd live to play some of these songs on GH3 but I am not buying this record twice.
guess I should have bought from Best Buy since they offer the downloads free or something.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
interesting read father.
I'll have to snatch up this GH3 mix.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Apparently people are a bit pissed that the mastering of the record is better on Guitar Hero than on the CD
It is.
The CD sound does not sucks but you can't play it very loud on some medium (too much loudness or whatever), the song that suffers the more is The day that never comes (the first single!)
Where the hell was Rick Rubin? Producing Shania Twain?

Look what I've found :

MASTERED BY MUPPETS

End of session day, Rubin works away:
I'm your source of song-destruction
Tunes that hurt you ear, poor sound engineer
Leaving spikes on my instruction
Trust me you will see
Volume's all you need
Dedicated to
How I'll limit you

Compressing faster
Limit your Master
Your albums sell faster
With a loud Master
Master

Mastered by muppets, brickwalling your dreams
Clipping, distorting and smashing extremes
Ruined by me, you can't hear a thing…
Just spiking snares, and auto-tuned screams
Mastered
Mastered
Rubin's my name, and I'll hear you scream
Bastard
Bastard

Need to mix this way, never you dismay
"Loud" makes death magnetic clearer
Gain monopoly, ritual Waves L3
Squash your tracks til it's severe
Gate and you will see
More and more dB
Dedicated to
How I'm killing you

Compressing faster
Limit your Master
Your albums sell faster
With a loud Master
Master

Mastered by muppets, brickwalling your dreams
Clipping, distorting and smashing extremes
Ruined by me, you can't hear a thing…
Just spiking snares, and auto-tuned screams
Mastered
Mastered
Rubin's my name, and I'll hear you scream
Bastard
Bastard

Master, Master, where's the version I've been after?
Bearded, Bastard, you promised only lies
Blaster, Blaster, recorded on a ghetto blaster?
Laughter, laughter, laughing at those highs
Spike to me!

Lars ain't worth all that â€" "natural" kick and hats
Kirk adds wah without a reason
Never ending phrase, Jaymz goes on for days
Rob, your shirt is out of season…
I'll record til 5 (then)
I will help you buy
Sandals that suit you
Now you look cool too

Lol

TeresofBlood

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm only holding on to the CD copy, in hopes that there will be some kind of rebate for people who already own the CD to buy a remaster. If they reissue this CD, it could inadvertently put an end to the loudness war. If a remaster of such a new CD sells well, the record companies will go back and remaster recent CDs with greater dynamic range. They'll probably come up with some stupid new term called "Dynamic Remaster" and it will be the latest marketing gimmick.

FatherMerrin

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hate to say it but it not just record company's fault, I also blame producers & engineers. I went to University & studied to be a sound engineer for record studios & the whole emphasis was on the sound of the songs rather the songs than themselves.

What I mean by this is, is that nowadays when making albums engineers are more interested in tape hiss or compression than actually doing whats best for soul of the song. It's all about what's intellectually correct rather than emotionally right. Hence a lot of albums today are over produced, over compressed and end up sounding pretty soulless.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wow, and that surprises you? classic Metallica. Lars Ulrich is one of the biggest pieces of shit. I refuse to buy this album or anything else that Metallica does.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
But I've been listening to it the last couple of days in my car, and it sounds fuckin' smokin'

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :| :eek: :evil:

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In the meantime the Guitar Hero rips are spreading all over BitTorrent and people are even having a go at improving it themselves.

FatherMerrin

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Listen, there's nothing up with the audio quality"

Someone's in denial. :D

Part of being in Metallica is that there's always somebody who's got a problem with something that you're doing.

LOL!!! :lol:

For some reason when I read this self-pitying excuse this famous Cary On scene came to mind. :-D

"]

[youtube:12h8rbp4]

Top Bottom