• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Covers by Neglify

Neglify said:
Anyway, he says I can do anything I wish with the artwork...

67396-delete-key.jpg

thethingcover11display.jpg

:-(

It looks like im drunk and you`re reaching to get me another drink.

Rogue-theX said:
It looks like im drunk and you`re reaching to get me another drink.

Exactly. Because I'm a gentleman and don't want you to fall down when you go to get your seventh glass of straight up gin.

Frantic Canadian said:
Instead of deleting them completely have you thought about just fixing them so that they could be used as alternate cover/disc art for the 2011 retail disc? Your artwork for it is much better than the retail artwork.

Thanks FC! And that's a great idea. Eventually I'll start an "Alternate Gallery" thread and include a tweaked cover(s) with multiple disc art.

And of course I didn't actually delete the covers themselves. I just created a new cover and deleted all the images to create a white cover.

Covers look good; to me, it's nice when the disc art isn't exactly the same as something used on a cover, so I often mix & match covers with disc art from a couple of the available options. Thanks, dude!

Your snow cover is far superior in my opinion, although I don't dislike the simple black one either. Good work neg.

Thanks guys.

I have been working on making the Jackie Brown covers better.

Cover 1:
jackiebrowncover1finald.jpg

Cover 2:
jackiebrowncover2finald.jpg

Opinions?

What about putting the Brady Bunch theme on the back of the '70s Blaxpolitation-poster cover? Make them all a bit smaller, maybe put their names ("Jackie") or roles ("arms dealer", "the Fed"), with the pile of cash in the middle square beneath "Who's Playing Who?", hmm?
Or, if you want more descriptive copy on the case, swap the disc art to the back cover (either top or bottom, with text above or below the cast image) and the Brady Bunch set to the disc?

Thanks veggieguy. I'll see how it looks.

Fuck yeah, Neg, now we're talkin'!

Nicely done Neg. Much better than your other versions. Good job! :)

very effin' fab, neg!

a handful o' comments, if you don't mind:
*i like that you re-integrated the word "intricate"--best not to break up words on short blurbs.
*1950s should be written without an apostrophe--not a possessive (though it's OK to use an apostrophe before, if abbreviated, e.g., '50s)
*hyphen between "noir" and "ish"? or just the simpler "noir"? the latter doesn't have the same rhythm, but the fewer breaks, the cleaner.
*"each" is singular, so to match pronoun with antecedent, fanedit the sentence to: "Three very different cops are after the truth, each in his own style." (also dropped the "all")
*at the very bottom on the front cover, consider decapitalizing "the" before "dirtiest dirt."

cheers, bro!

Back
Top Bottom