• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Cosmogony

LastSurvivor said:
I can now see what "that" review was removed...
To be clear, it wasn't removed because it gave a poor review of a good edit. It was removed because of obvious bias by the reviewer.

Rebue posted on interfandoobie:

Parts of Cosmogony were beautiful, combining tone poetry with reflections on life and humanity. I'm reminded of some of the documentaries and movies that have caused me to think of my place in the universe, and this ambitious edit is like a feature-length collage built from those pieces.

Cosmogony felt overly long in places, and large swaths of footage from The Emerald Forest carried unintentional goofiness that didn't match the tonality of the rest of the edit. The soundtrack was overlaid evenly and with skill and was appropriately ethereal or elegiac in places, though other musical selections didn't work so well and took me a bit out of the experience, particularly the overly dramatic synthesizers attached to the Apocalypto chase sequence.

The meditative and almost spiritual nature of TMBTM's effort reminds me of blueyoda's superb (fe) la vie series, in that they rely on no primary cinematic source to tell a deeply emotional story that cannot be neatly summarized. Definitely worth a watch.

Enjoyjoy: 8 pelvic aerothusts.

Thanks, ssj. :)

Like I said i completly understand people saing this edit is a bit too long, I guess I just like it the way it is.
Just a question: what do you think is goofy in Emerald Forest?

TMBTM said:
Thanks, ssj. :)

Dude, thanks for putting it together, for giving it birth! :)

TMBTM said:
Just a question: what do you think is goofy in Emerald Forest?

Pretty much all of it. :p Seriously!

didn't mean to be snarky, so i should elaborate.
in TEF, the father sports a goofy expression on his face just about every scene he's in—i didn't get the feeling i should take him seriously. the teenage boy has that vapid blue lagoon aesthetic, and considering this movie was likely in production just a few years after the blue lagoon was released, you can see the lineage. the battle scenes seemed to occur after everyone took a hit of Ma-Ma's slo-mo. and lastly, i'm down with the basic eco-message, but eco-terrorism? no bueno.

I see your points (poor Powers Boothe.. good actor, IMO), and we can talk without spoiler tags I guess, it's no Iron Man 3 thread, haha.
Echo terrosism what?
In fact If anyone have specific questions about this edit and the meaning of certains scenes I'll be pleased to answer.
This edit would benefit a commentary track I guess, but my spoken english is not that good to make a full lenght commentary, I believe. I thought about using some text to voice converter (like I did in the trailer for my next edit) but listening to a boring robot voice for 2h15 hours is not good, IMO. So, if you have any questions (other than "why this scene is too long?"), you're welcome.

Do commentary in French. It'll make us lazy English speakers learn new words.

After sitting on my HD for too long, I finally got to watch this masterpiece....

From my IFDB:

This is beautiful.
A beautiful, bold and lyrical experiment in artful storytelling.
I will be honest, I did not quite grasp it all. But what did not register with my intellect definitely manipulated me emotionally. There were moments where I did struggle with the narrative; where it felt a bit too long or drawn out, but then the story would evolve and I would find myself engrossed again.
I don't know if this is something I would watch repeatedly, but I do feel richer for the experience.
Thank you TMBTM!:)

This edit is now available at MEGA
(PM me for now, or wait for arrival at your favorite local store)

Cosmogony in now streaming on vimeo.
Check my blog to see it.

Back
Top Bottom