• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Consecution 9: Romance / Love

matrixgrindhouse said:
For now, we're extending the deadline to June 23.

Dude-Wheres-My-Car-And-Then.jpg

;)

Depending on whether we have enough entries or people known to be working on projects, we'll either extend it again or head back to the drawing board, perhaps.

I was just kidding.

Finished the first very rough cut of my edit, which clocks in at 22.5 minutes. After a watch through there are lots of things I want to change, improve and trim so hopefully there is still 7.5 in there that can go (Without compromising too much).

By the way, I had a few more ideas for edits, so if anybody is still stuck for options, try one of these...

- Bridesmaids: The romance between Annie and Officer Rhodes is really sweet and well played. It stands out from the rest of the wonderfully chaotic happenings in the movie, so I'm sure it could be extracted. It would be nice to contrast the kind Rhodes, with the nasty Jon Hamm character. I had this idea that it could end with Annie trying to provoke Rhodes into arresting her for dangerous driving ;-) (Her way to tell him she does love him afterall)
- Spaceballs: I was re-watching this the other day and was reminded how strong the romance subplot is amongst all the insanity. A short could be just concentrating on this element, or it could be a bold experiment in removing the comedy from this wall-to-wall comedy-fest.
- Interstellar: This movie is all about love! But it would take a skilled editor to extract those themes from the dense time-bending plot. Maybe a more esoteric non-linear, non-narrative approach would work best. Huge galactic vistas contrasting with moments of intimate emotion, underscored by Zimmer's epic yet beautiful music.
- The Princess Bride: What if Peter Falk's bedtime story wasn't just a framing device around the main movie. What if it was the central part of a short, with the fairytale princess stuff cut up to illustrate his voiceover.
- The Goonies: The love between all the friends, their families and particularly between Sloth and Chunk is played really nicely. There's an unconventional love themed edit in there.

I don't care if the Sloth and Chunk short is never made, I want to see posters of it!

TV's Frink said:
I don't care if the Sloth and Chunk short is never made, I want to see posters of it!

Google image search returned some great "Sloth Love Chunk!" fanart (No poster though)...

sloth-and-chunk-goonies-fan-art-by-tim-odland.jpeg

sloth_love_chunk_by_mattkaufenberg-d5ag2dz.jpg

CuylerSmith_1_1024x1024.jpg

My original idea was to cut together a ~15 short of Cold Feet edited into the style of How I Met Your Mother, but after rewatching some of the episodes I'm not feeling any inspiration for how I could make it work. So if anyone else wants to try it, feel free.

I also think it mightbe possible to cut together a short version of The Time Traveller's Wife which restores the tone of the book in place of the godawful saccharine guff the filmmakers inexplicably chose. I'd try this myself (I thought the book was great, in that it's a fantastic and realistic depiction of how a real adult relationship works) but that would involve paying to own the source and I already object to having paid to see the film once at the cinema, so that's unlikely to happen any time soon...

I've got the first glimmer of another idea, which may or may not develop into anything useful. If it does work out, it'll almost certainly make use of this:

That One Guy said:
I've got the first glimmer of another idea, which may or may not develop into anything useful. If it does work out, it'll almost certainly make use of this:

Damn, when did Pelican get a vocalist? I really dug their first 2 albums, especially Australasia, but they kind of dropped off my radar after that. Sounds interesting, whatever you plan on doing with it.

Adabisi said:
Damn, when did Pelican get a vocalist? I really dug their first 2 albums, especially Australasia, but they kind of dropped off my radar after that. Sounds interesting, whatever you plan on doing with it.

Most of their stuff is still instrumental, but they released an EP earlier this year with 3 mixes of The Cliff including the version I posted with vocals. I really like the song but something about the lyrics set some gears turning.

Since the deadline has been pushed back, I have an idea for a short of the Sherlock TV show focusing on John Watson's repressed homosexuality, and growing infatuation for his new roommate.

judgmentalpigeon said:
Since the deadline has been pushed back, I have an idea for a short of the Sherlock TV show focusing on John Watson's repressed homosexuality, and growing infatuation for his new roommate.

If you want to make things mutual, there's Cumberbatch dialogue in The Imitation Game that will be of use to you.

I think it's time for me to finally get working on this.

I've finally accepted the fact that I'll never remember the brilliant idea I had for this months ago, so time to figure out something new.

I'm thinking of a couple options, but which to do? Blade Runner with the Legend score, or Legend with the Blade Runner score??? I'll have to play around a bit, I suppose.

I had another idea...

Top Gun famously has this gay subtext (Intended or unintended), this video featuring Tarantino illustrates it quite well:

In 15 minutes, I bet you could take it from subtext to central plot thread. Remove the original love plot with Kelly McGillis (Who is actually gay it turns out) and first focus on Maverick and Goose. Then after Goose's death Maverick looses his sh*t but finally learns to love again with Ice man.

It could either be damn funny, or a skillfully told tale of love, loss and redemption... depending on how the material was edited.

If anybody wants to do this idea, then please do!

My edit is crashing almost as soon as I look at the timeline :-( this might be terminal.

I've got a copy of Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind. I picked it up for fanediting and then never got around to doing anything with it, but I'd love to turn it into a short. I think It would be perfect for this.

eternal%20sunshine%20of%20the%20spotless%20mind%20facts.jpg

What are the current deadlines we got going on for this thing?

TM2YC said:
My edit is crashing almost as soon as I look at the timeline :-( this might be terminal.

Do your other projects exhibit similar problems? Do you have a backup?

Ken Poirier said:
I've got a copy of Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind. I picked it up for fanediting and then never got around to doing anything with it, but I'd love to turn it into a short. I think It would be perfect for this.

I love Eternal Sunshine. I took a shot at doing something with it for this Consecution, but couldn't make anything work. I'd love to see what you do with it.

I think with the extension there's time for me to throw my hat on the ring. I'm thinking about doing a short focused on the kinda love triangle in Fight Club. The end of the movie would be a fantastic way to end it.

Back
Top Bottom