• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Consecution 9: Romance / Love

Btw this should be the menu song (on infinite loop preferably)

megafat said:
Does it have to be love between people. Can it be the love between a man and his car?

Can you elaborate a little bit?

Though, I'd be prepared to approve it if it used this song, simply on principle.

I not sure what megafat had in mind but I was thinking about doing a bromance. If I really want to take the time to convert my many discs of Scrubs, I was thinking about doing something between JD and Turk and of course using the song Guy Love from the Scrubs musical episode.

guy_zps082c3d4c.jpg

Psycho- love of a boy and his mother.
Christine- love of a boy and his car.

This should be fun... :)

I'm going to choose something highly recognizable and known as my source.

I'm still kicking around ideas, but "the notebook" might be it, "A walk to remember", I think "Pretty Woman" would be terribly fun. "Silver Linings" might be another candidate.

Also - and only purely due to the sheer amount of video available - the "Twilight" franchise might be a good choice. Teen love, love triangle, tons of footage.

I have't decided yet, but I'll be thinking on it.

Rogue-theX said:
^ I think probably yes, do you mean like Arnie Cunningham and Christine?

Maybe something like this. It all depends on what type of love you're talking about.

Maybe someone could do something like this too:

How about a dark ending to Brokeback Mountain where Heath and Jake's characters are forced to break up, after which Heath goes insane with grief and transforms into The Joker? Cue a scene where Christian Bale's Batman meets up with Jake Gyllenhaal instead of Joseph G-L and then we move to the epic TDK Batman/Joker construction site fight, which takes on a whole new meaning ;-)

Kal-El said:
How about a dark ending to Brokeback Mountain where Heath and Jake's characters are forced to break up, after which Heath goes insane with grief and transforms into The Joker? Cue a scene where Christian Bale's Batman meets up with Jake Gyllenhaal instead of Joseph G-L and then we move to the epic TDK Batman/Joker construction site fight, which takes on a whole new meaning ;-)

Or Heath turns into the Joker when he learns Jake is dead. Then Jake comes back to life inside the Source Code machine and has to stop The Joker from blowing up a train :lol:.

TM2YC said:
Or Heath turns into the Joker when he learns Jake is dead. Then Jake comes back to life inside the Source Code machine and has to stop The Joker from blowing up a train :lol:.

Neat! :lol: Change train to boat and then go back to my idea and you might have something there :) Unless you're willing to rotoscope The Joker on the train for this consecution, of course :)

If you intersplice the footage of Joker going bonkers with flashbacks of their happiest, most tender moments together, why not? :)
No, you're probably right, just taking a run with things :)

A nice(r) thought would be to replace Irene from Drive with Allie from The Notebook. Mix those two films together in a 15min short. The romance part of Drive was okay, but it felt to me as if they were keeping their distance too much. Given the circumstances it's more than understandable, but hey, it's Hollywood. I was expecting Drive to be this generation's True Romance. Fight crime together.

matrixgrindhouse said:
Let's aim for a tentative due date for rough drafts of May 23, 2015.

Not a lot of action in this thread. So with 3 weeks left to go, has anyone made anything?

Adabisi said:
Not a lot of action in this thread. So with 3 weeks left to go, has anyone made anything?

Without updates to this thread to remind me, I keep forgetting :oops:. I'm about 50% through my piece.

O shit. Time to figure out what I'm doing ASAP.

I had a good look through the source for my idea, and I don't think it's going to work. Plus I have almost no time to work on it in the next few weeks. So unless inspiration strikes, I think I'm out :(

[MENTION=8885]Rogue-theX[/MENTION] and I are currently working on reviewing an initial submission. I've also submitted one of my own making to my fellow show runner. That said, with a lack of other submissions and my own ongoing computer problems, this will most certainly be extended. Not sure exactly when. Rogue, thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom