- Reaction score
- Trophy Points
Here's something that's a little different, a fanedit of the Oscar nominated film Click starring Adam Sandler. It's by far Sandler's best film with some genuine heart despite a somewhat generic premise about an overworked father and husband. So how would the film fare with most of the Sandlerisms cut or excessively trimmed? The answer is probably much better.
- cut "don't ask for the bathroom" assistant joke #1- cut the itchy ear gag from Prince Hubeeboo
- cut kid crying "Is he really my dad" after Michael jokingly says he might be
- cut the same kid crying that "I hate that man" as Michael chases the teenagers
- cut scene one of Sandler's regulars, Nick Swardson as the Bed, Bath and Beyond Guy. His jokes seem like dumb improv and aren't funny in the slightest
- cut "it looks bigger from the outside, just kidding" No time loss here, just score replacement
- cut "twinkies, you don't need it man, you do need a yodel though" in order to reduce some of the product placement. I'm suprised he didn't drink pepto-bismol instead of cough sryup for an extra paycheck
- cut "I guess when you combine mass quanities of cough syrup and yodels, you get acid" Michael is now just perplexed by the remote and not quipping
- cut half of the "ooh ooh" gag with Janeen. Wish I could cut the whole thing, but I can't
- cut dance thing with Morty and Michael. Seems like an unfunny outtake that became an intake
- cut "don't ask for the bathroom" assistant joke #2
- cut Michael talking with his parents about his dick size and him offering for them to suck it
- cut the slo-mo jogger. This was a gag I had a long, hard time thinking about cutting.
- cut the entire scene with him changing his hue in his car and doing voices, just have him get an orange tan
- cut the Watsuhita businessmen chest bump during the meeting
- cut most of Michael's commentary during his first kiss, have it simply be the song and occasional comments. I'd cut all of it if I could.
- cut Michael farting in Ammer's face
- cut Michael's new PA talking about the old PA becoming a transgender
- cut Peanut joining in during Donna and Michael's speed sex. No loss of time here, just looped him going down on her and replaced the score to cover the dog yelping
- cut Michael playing with his fat belly and man boobs when he wakes up in 2017
- cut the radio news voiceover about Britney Spear's 23rd child and Michael Jackson's clone molesting the real MJ. These jokes were dated as soon as you walked out of the cinema
- cut the shot of Michael driving up to the house in half from 22 seconds to 11 so that there is less dead space after the previous cut
- cut Michael asking his 14 year old daughter about her boobs
- cut Michael continually playing with his belly tongue and Donna getting angry for that, she now simply gets frustrated at him for refusing to accept the fact that he was a terrible father and husband
- cut Aunt Peggy from the wedding
New Ending (spoilers for a 12 year old film but maybe some people care)
Cut everything that happens after Michael's death. No waking up in the Bed, Bath and Beyond, no dream twist, he just lays there and dies like the piece of shit he is. Feels more powerful this way I guess. Also cut Michael giving Bill the finger as he dies.
I've completed a workprint of this in a lower resolution for ease of download. I'm also open for suggestions as I'm not 100% happy with it. I might cut out some more of the humping dog subplot but we'll see. Name is probably also not final as I am terrible with coming up for names for my edits, suggestions open for that too.