• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Click - Fast Forward

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
oO2dUK1.png
Here's something that's a little different, a fanedit of the Oscar nominated film Click starring Adam Sandler. It's by far Sandler's best film with some genuine heart despite a somewhat generic premise about an overworked father and husband. So how would the film fare with most of the Sandlerisms cut or excessively trimmed? The answer is probably much better.​

CUTLIST:​
- cut "don't ask for the bathroom" assistant joke #1​
- cut the itchy ear gag from Prince Hubeeboo
- cut kid crying "Is he really my dad" after Michael jokingly says he might be 
- cut the same kid crying that "I hate that man" as Michael chases the teenagers 
- cut scene one of Sandler's regulars, Nick Swardson as the Bed, Bath and Beyond Guy. His jokes seem like dumb improv and aren't funny in the slightest
- cut "it looks bigger from the outside, just kidding" No time loss here, just score replacement
- cut "twinkies, you don't need it man, you do need a yodel though" in order to reduce some of the product placement. I'm suprised he didn't drink pepto-bismol instead of cough sryup for an extra paycheck
- cut "I guess when you combine mass quanities of cough syrup and yodels, you get acid" Michael is now just perplexed by the remote and not quipping
- cut half of the "ooh ooh" gag with Janeen. Wish I could cut the whole thing, but I can't
- cut dance thing with Morty and Michael. Seems like an unfunny outtake that became an intake
- cut "don't ask for the bathroom" assistant joke #2
- cut Michael talking with his parents about his dick size and him offering for them to suck it
- cut the slo-mo jogger. This was a gag I had a long, hard time thinking about cutting. 
- cut the entire scene with him changing his hue in his car and doing voices, just have him get an orange tan
- cut the Watsuhita businessmen chest bump during the meeting
- cut most of Michael's commentary during his first kiss, have it simply be the song and occasional comments. I'd cut all of it if I could. 
- cut Michael farting in Ammer's face
- cut Michael's new PA talking about the old PA becoming a transgender 
- cut Peanut joining in during Donna and Michael's speed sex. No loss of time here, just looped him going down on her and replaced the score to cover the dog yelping
- cut Michael playing with his fat belly and man boobs when he wakes up in 2017
- cut the radio news voiceover about Britney Spear's 23rd child and Michael Jackson's clone molesting the real MJ. These jokes were dated as soon as you walked out of the cinema
- cut the shot of Michael driving up to the house in half from 22 seconds to 11 so that there is less dead space after the previous cut
- cut Michael asking his 14 year old daughter about her boobs
- cut Michael continually playing with his belly tongue and Donna getting angry for that, she now simply gets frustrated at him for refusing to accept the fact that he was a terrible father and husband
- cut Aunt Peggy from the wedding

New Ending (spoilers for a 12 year old film but maybe some people care)​
Cut everything that happens after Michael's death. No waking up in the Bed, Bath and Beyond, no dream twist, he just lays there and dies like the piece of shit he is. Feels more powerful this way I guess. Also cut Michael giving Bill the finger as he dies. 

I've completed a workprint of this in a lower resolution for ease of download. I'm also open for suggestions as I'm not 100% happy with it. I might cut out some more of the humping dog subplot but we'll see. Name is probably also not final as I am terrible with coming up for names for my edits, suggestions open for that too.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's the edited version of Michael and Donna's first kiss compared to the original

rb

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is a neat idea! And a great way to finally see the movie. I've avoided Sandler's broad comedies for years but would happily invest in a DVD of Click for the possibility of an improved cut -- although I also imagine your edit would be the virgin viewing, or perhaps the only viewing. Based on your napkin scene it looks you've got a good sense and I'm a sucker for rom-com. Once I can hunt down a copy in my region I'd like to request to see your workprint and can offer a little more substantial encouragement. For now, if nothing else: nice work! Going to avoid the little spoiler button... :)

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
rb said:
This is a neat idea! And a great way to finally see the movie. I've avoided Sandler's broad comedies for years but would happily invest in a DVD of Click for the possibility of an improved cut -- although I also imagine your edit would be the virgin viewing, or perhaps the only viewing. Based on your napkin scene it looks you've got a good sense and I'm a sucker for rom-com. Once I can hunt down a copy in my region I'd like to request to see your workprint and can offer a little more substantial encouragement. For now, if nothing else: nice work! Going to avoid the little spoiler button... :)

Thanks for you intrest! I thought no one else would be too interested in it. This cut works as a first viewing as it'd make it far more enjoyable not know what the original cut was.

I'd reccomend avoiding the spoiler button myself as well

rb

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool! :)    

By the way, the Japanese title is one of those wacky elongations, probably because "Click" was taken ages ago...   

"Moshimo Kino Ga Erabetara" (roughly, "If I Could Choose Yesterday")   

Maybe gives some ideas for a title variation?    

3L0jLoO.jpg

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
rb said:
Cool! :)    

By the way, the Japanese title is one of those wacky elongations, probably because "Click" was taken ages ago...   

"Moshimo Kino Ga Erabetara" (roughly, "If I Could Choose Yesterday")   

Maybe gives some ideas for a title variation?    

It does give me an idea to look through the foiegn releases for a different name and "Fast-Forward" sure did come up alot. But "If I could Choose Yesterday" is a very nice title. I'll do some further thinking on the matter

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm also very interested in this. I like Click but I would prefer an edit with too much of the Sandlerisms cut. Fart scene was horrible, glad to see it cut.

Gotta admit though, kinda embarrasingly, that I would prefer the car color changing scene be kept. It's incredibly stupid, but that's why I love it. Far better than a lot of other jokes.

Also while I do hate the "It was all a dream" cliche, perhaps cutting it would remove a resolution that shows the character changing, with him throwing the remote to the trash. Then again it's probably not needed either, since his regret is probably enough.

On that note, I think it would be wise to cut the part where he gives the middle finger to Samwise while he's dying. It is funny, but it takes away from the moment.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
I'm also very interested in this. I like Click but I would prefer an edit with too much of the Sandlerisms cut. Fart scene was horrible, glad to see it cut.

Gotta admit though, kinda embarrasingly, that I would prefer the car color changing scene be kept. It's incredibly stupid, but that's why I love it. Far better than a lot of other jokes.

Also while I do hate the "It was all a dream" cliche, perhaps cutting it would remove a resolution that shows the character changing, with him throwing the remote to the trash. Then again it's probably not needed either, since his regret is probably enough.

On that note, I think it would be wise to cut the part where he gives the middle finger to Samwise while he's dying. It is funny, but it takes away from the moment.

The colour change joke is stupid, I can agree with you one that one, but its about a minute of unnessary clutter. The scene works fine without it.

I'm thinking that I may make one version with the ending mostly intact with some trims like his parents having sex. I thought about cutting out the finger to Mikey from the Goonies, but it makes sense in character. I was wondering what other thought about the gag, so i'll cut it then.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
True, that is better. Also you should fix the spoiler button :)

The finger is in character, yes, but again it kind of ruins the moment for a cheap laugh. That's how I see it.

rb

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DVD has arrived! I'm more than a little excited to be honest. Thanks in advance and kudos, again, for the interesting project! :)

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Editing is almost done as I've cut a further 2 minutes from the running time. Current length is 1.36.08 compared to the original 1.47.31. I think I've got the title too as either Click: Fast Forward Edition or simply Fast Forward. I've made a poster that will probably be used.

rzqv7R6.png

I'll be rendering it out soon, maybe next few days for those want to see it

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now that I've actually seen Click, I'm interested in your edit. The film doesn't know if it wants to be a comedy or a drama, and while some of the jokes are funny, they are also out of place. I've never had such mixed feelings on a film.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I now have what is the finished cut of the edit with a newly added title card and will most likely be added to the database in the next week. 
CiE9zct.png

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Edit is now on ifdb. Thread moved.

Top Bottom