• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Buffy Reimagined (season 3 turned into eight movies), trailer inside...

I'll take three movies over eight. ;)

TM2YC said:
Generally a very nice poster but it reads a bit like "Buffy Cubed the vampire slayer Keimugined" though. Maybe do a few minor tweaks to make it clearer.

No problem, will do :)

Mmmh... I know I shouldn't have done it the moment I did... I replaced the OP with a new version of the poster. Now [MENTION=24292]TM2YC[/MENTION] his comment doesn't add up any more... Sorry about that, bud! How do you like the newer version?

Kal-El said:
Mmmh... I know I shouldn't have done it the moment I did... I replaced the OP with a new version of the poster. Now TM2YC his comment doesn't add up any more... Sorry about that, bud! How do you like the newer version?

I fixed your post, but it looks like you have since deleted the old image.

addiesin said:
I fixed your post, but it looks like you have since deleted the old image.

Yes, that's exactly why I immediately knew I did a boo-boo :) I should have kept it but I tend to clean up older images I don't like to preserve space on my imgur. My bad, sorry :(

There was still a cached screenshot of the original version in this thread in my Firefox history so I took a screenshot of that and reuploaded it. Everyone should be able to see the 1st and 2nd version clearly now :)

Buffy season one's first episode starts with Buffy the slayer coming into the town of Sunnydale, and she is already a slayer having fought vampires in LA.

So this first episode isn't really an origin-story. But there was once a movie in 1992 about Buffy, where she is played by another actor (Kristy Swanson), and that was an origin story. Joss Whedon wrote the story, but the studio filmed it with another director and the story was turned into a light comedy.

It's not a good movie, it's corny, and there is very little of what made the tv-show great, very little underlying drama, too little chemistry, and there were no scoobies, and too much focus on comedy (and it lacked the idea that vampires would just burst into dust when being killed by the slayer, yeah a small thing, but effective in selling the idea that vampires are different to humans and that they really died)... but nonetheless I like it, it's a sort of guilty pleasure.

I like Swanson playing Buffy, not only her more pronounced physicality, that seems more fitting for a slayer (though Gellar clearly conquers the role nonetheless). And I like the whole introduction between the watcher and Buffy before she accepted what he said, and the training-sequence is good...

I just view it as a sort of "wacked" pilot to the tv-show, since we didn't see Buffy's first actions in LA as a slayer (except for the few scenes in "Becoming").

I'm thinking about editing the movie, to bring it more in line with the tv-show, removing the idea of the reincarnating watcher, removing all the cringe worthy aspects, for example removing the idea that the slayer has menstrual cramps as warning when vampires are nearby (yes, that was part of the movie, lol!), making the fights more dynamic, adding the sound of vampires turning into dust (and not showing them laying around after being killed), adding two dialogue-instances from the tv-show (audio only to add some needed drama)...

It probably won't turn a bad movie into a masterpiece, but I think it could be made much more acceptable, a sort of real pilot for the tv-show. What do you think?

That sounds like a pretty solid idea. It's Kristy Swanson, by the way, not Kristin.

Thanks uziel25 for watching and reviewing this movie-series. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed it.:)

Regarding season 4, I'm working on a movie-series for it, four movies are planned for it, two of them I've finished.

Hey NewSpock I really appreciate these as well. I've seen Season 1-2 back a long time ago and just watched all of Season 3. It's great thanks. Looking forward to S4 whenever you can do it.

smeagolheart said:
Hey NewSpock I really appreciate these as well. I've seen Season 1-2 back a long time ago and just watched all of Season 3. It's great thanks. Looking forward to S4 whenever you can do it.

Thanks for watching, I'm glad you enjoyed them.:)
It would be great if you could write a review for it on the IFdb-listing here:

Buffy Reimagined 3

For season 4 I've planned four movies, two of them are finished, the third is nearly done.

Back
Top Bottom