• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

BLADE RUNNER 2049

I would cut out Niander Wallace completely, as he sucks. He's only in 2 scenes, and they could be removed easily as they are not relavent to the plot (plus, their both stupid).

I was listening to the Director and Writers commentary for 'The Death of Stalin' and they got onto the subject of pacing/editing and their desire to not have their film be any longer than it absolutely needed to be. Then they said this...

Director - Too many films are 2-hours and 20.
Writer - God have you seen Blade Runner? It's f*cking demented!
(Laughter)
Other Writer - 2-hours and 49 according to the title.
(Laughter)
Director - I enjoyed it but there was a point an hour and a half in, when I thought, really? We've spent an hour and half just to get to that bit of explanation?
Other Writer - I haven't seen it yet
Director - It is good but it is long.
Other writer - Do you think on the Blade Runner commentary they are slagging off 'The Death of Stalin'?
Director - "It was too short!"
(Laughter)

It made me chuckle. I love a good commentary track.

This popped up on youtube. An eastern European video uploaded 5-years ago where they shot the scripted but unused opening from the original Blade Runner (which was re-purposed for 2049):

Interestingly it is shot in a very similar style to the way Villeneuve would shoot the similar scene 5-years later.

(I think they've retitled the upload from 'Hell's Kitchen' to 'Blade Runner 2049' to draw new attention to the video, so they weren't psychic :D )

Also, I so want one of these beauties:

hYQc7kr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom