• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Biohazard: A Resident Evil Fanedit

Damn if jdownloader weren't making so many problems with megaupload I'd really like to give this edit a try

congrats aztek for a greatest true fanedit!

Well I'm sold.
Downloading this now.

The first 200mb file came down in 4 minutes.. now i'm getting a "limit reached" message along with a 10 minute wait...

goddammitsomuch...

but still better than rapidsuck

Aztek463 said:
I'm curious, how would you have handled the transition between films? I figured doing it like that would be the least jarring, but there is usually a better way to do stuff.
It's a bit tricky, actually. The news report almost gives the perfect way to cut it from that to the desert stuff, ending by saying that Jill Valentine and Olivera are wanted by the police... if it weren't because Jill is not in the second half. I think that one could try to lose both the news report and the subsequent expository graphics (we can figure out the info given there by ourselves), cutting or fading directly from the helicopter explosion to the zombie being ran over. That way we can assume that Jill died in the explosion, and that it was just one of many which turned the area into what we see in the second half. I dunno, but I think it might work.

Ah, I like that...sets up for an even bigger surprise when Jill shows up at the end of Afterlife. Clever, Mr Fry. As with all edits, I'm gonna give this one a round two in the future...I will be sure to test that out.

Seeing as how Alice introduced the film, it didn't feel odd at all to see her comment on the worldwide outbreak either.
It actually worked quite well. What you could have done as well, was to simply edit the bad stuff out of RE1, skip RE2 altogether, and use the RE1 "sort-of-flashback" sequence with the clone in RE3 to bridge the gap between both films. You could then later imply Matt never made it off the operating table, and voila!, RE2 never happened ;)

hey guys, jdownloader can't find part.30.rar - can anyone help me out? i am so intrigued to see this one...

Aztek463 said:
Ah, I like that...sets up for an even bigger surprise when Jill shows up at the end of Afterlife. Clever, Mr Fry. As with all edits, I'm gonna give this one a round two in the future...I will be sure to test that out.
Wait...what? Ah nuts... really? I haven't gotten to the end of Afterlife yet :)

Sorry about that Galen. (though truth be told, it was one of the worst kept secrets about the film)

lev_arris: What error are you getting?

i didn't even realize that it was jill I thought it was another umbrella woman making an evil speech :)

If it's file temorarily unavailable, just keep resetting the file.
That's a typical Megaupload issue in Jdownloader, which it does sometimes, even though it's definitely there.
Whenever I get that, I just reset it. After a few times, it comes through crisp clean.
Aztek: No hard feelings, I don't mind at all :) I stopped watching after the bathroom scene anyway.
Those shots where you could only see half of Claire on the right hand side of the screen, with nothing else on the left, really bugged me.

Spoiler request for Sunarep (don't read if you don't want the film spoiled!)
So Jill's doing an evil speech? I won't have time to watch the film again anytime soon. What's the deal with Jill?

Jdownloader keeps saying "File not found" - and apparently this only concerns part.30. does anybody else have the same issue? Until then I will try to reset it... again. and again. (damn megaupload!)

Galen_Marek_True_Jedi said:
Spoiler request for Sunarep (don't read if you don't want the film spoiled!)
So Jill's doing an evil speech? I won't have time to watch the film again anytime soon. What's the deal with Jill?

It's basically a forced cliffhanger since they realized that they completed the story arc like any resident evil movie they introduce an element right at the end so it seems like the story continues /cynicism

after the events of resident evil 4, they free people who have been put into cryo-sleep on a ship controlled by umbrella and at the end of the movie a fleet of Umbrella-copters appears
with fleet i mean an entire army that makes one question how umbrella could get so many poeple to survive a zombie attack... whatever, the copters head towards the ship, then we cut into one umbrella copter and we see jill talking to umbrella soldiers
She is wearing a device that enables umbrella to remote control people against their will and she says something like "prepare for your greatest fight...." end of cliffhanger

Jill's appearance at the end of Afterlife was based on her look in Resident Evil 5, where the movie took a lot of influence from, the chest devices, Wesker, the mandibles on the zombies, and some of the dialogue.

lev_arris: Have you had any trouble downloading any of the other files? I just tried downloading it (through MU's site) and it's still available. I'd suggest restarting Jdownloader, or even shutting it down for an hour or so before trying again. It's also possible the site's being hit with a lot of traffic and is having trouble keeping track of things. Long and short: be patient. You will be rewarded :)

I'll get around to watching the second part of Afterlife soon enough, if I can help it. It still surprises me how fond I am of the series, even though, at the end, it's not all that :lol:

That. Is. Awesome Paul.

Also, 58% of the votes for FE of the month so far? Thanks for the support guys! :D

I only gave credit where credit's due:dance:

I hate to request an avi version of any fanedit, but as it's mentioned as coming soon for this edit I just wondered if it's still in the works? I've recently re-watched all the movies and would love to take a look at this edit, unfortunately there's no way I can download a DL size edit on the connection I have here in China.

Wow... Booshman lives in China? :eek: How about spreading the fanedit-fever there? :)

Back
Top Bottom