• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Batman Forever: The Eyepainter Fanedit

Trailer is almost complete! Just gotta check for audio issues before I begin work on uploading it.

What do you mean?

You and me both.

This will be different from all of the other edits of this movie? Hope it has not red hue.

I'm guessing that what you're asking is whether or not this edit (and its color grading) are different from the Red Book Edition, which is notable for its primarily red color grading, and the answer to both questions is yes. My edit was mainly inspired by the abandoned Editor's Cut, with some changes here and there to fix some flaws. For the color grading, I kept reds to a minimum with the exception of some of the Robin scenes where the color red made sense. But for the most part, the color grading is a mixture of black and white with yellow, cyan, and magenta thrown in to give a comic book effect while giving the film a certain grittiness the original lacked. You can watch the trailer I just uploaded for a showcase of the color grading if you so desire.

Since the process of writing down the subtitles is taking too long, and seeing as I've already released a trailer, I think the time to start releasing the edit is sooner rather than later. I will be working on the submission process over the course of this weekend. Thank you for your patience.

Just tested the edit this evening with my sister. Everything looks good. I'm gonna work on submission and releasing soon.

Submission approved! Sending PM's now. Thanks to everyone who contributed!

In the wake of what has just happened here on ifdb, I have come to the difficult but necessary decision to change the cover art that former member ArtisDead created for my already released edits. However, because I am not a cover artist, I will need help from other members here on IFDb. If you would like to try your hand at updating the cover art, feel free to post or PM your ideas.

In the wake of what has just happened here on ifdb, I have come to the difficult but necessary decision to change the cover art that former member ArtisDead created for my already released edits. However, because I am not a cover artist, I will need help from other members here on IFDb. If you would like to try your hand at updating the cover art, feel free to post or PM your ideas.
I think a lot of us will be changing our ART going forward

I think a lot of us will be changing our ART going forward
Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

I had this image lying around and I always thought it was too good not to use.

It is good. However, because the color grading in my edit is different from the original, it now looks too green. I suppose if it were possible to desaturate the color, it might look more accurate.

To give everyone a refresher, here's the trailer, which shows the color grading I did to the film:

Other than that problem, I like everything else about the poster.

Since it's been a couple days now, and I'm not seeing any updates since, I think it's time to declare @Malthus the winner for the new poster. Thanks for the help! I'll see if I can update my file, and my page.

After continuing to give more thought to the matter, I have decided to remove ArtisDead's name from my edits and will be re-releasing them accordingly. This will have little to no effect on the ifdb pages (Until I talk to an admin about re-editing the pages accordingly, which will be soon), but it will have an effect on anyone who sends me a PM, as there will be a small delay. My apologies for the inconvenience, but I'm confident everyone here understands why I'm doing this.

Back
Top Bottom