• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Batman Forever: The Eyepainter Fanedit

If i remember correctly THATGUYWHOEDITS had some great videos on youtube teasing this BF fanfix. The scene I always absolutely LOVED was the scene at Nygma's apartment with a whole new score underneath it which made for a much darker, much more serious feel. I showed my wife and she was very impressed. It's incredible how much a score can change a film.

If i remember correctly THATGUYWHOEDITS had some great videos on youtube teasing this BF fanfix. The scene I always absolutely LOVED was the scene at Nygma's apartment with a whole new score underneath it which made for a much darker, much more serious feel. I showed my wife and she was very impressed. It's incredible how much a score can change a film.

Indeed. Unfortunately, I chose to cut that scene out of the film as it didn't serve much of a purpose (Unless you need to know how Nigma made those riddles, which I don't). I will say that @ThatGuyWhoEdits did a great job with that scene. I don't know where he got the music from, but it would be interesting to find it (It might be on the soundtrack, but I don't recall the creepy violins anywhere on the album).

Time for another upscale demonstration! This scene hasn't changed much from the original, although I did extend the opening and closing.

Got the first 20 minutes of subtitles taken care of! 107 more minutes to go!

This is an edit I will be looking forward to. The color grading looks wonderful. Just like your Star Wars edit, you are very reliable in producing colors that allow for a much smoother viewing experience.

Best of luck.

Nice work on the upscaling! Have you considered giving the 80 and 92 films the same color grading?

It's funny that you mention it, because I have entertained doing a fanedit of Batman Returns! Most of my motivation is in making the Penguin's story more tragic. I did try using the same color grade as this one (yellows, cyans, and magentas), but it didn't look right due to the differences in style. I'm thinking of going for a cooler color palette (greens, blues, and some violets) in the future.

As for Batman '89 (I'm assuming the 80 was a typo), I don't have any plans for it. I don't think there's much to fix with that one, even though I do believe that The Dark Knight rightfully stole that movie's thunder. I'd be fine with less Kim Basinger, but I don't feel like that's enough to justify making a fanfix on.

It's funny that you mention it, because I have entertained doing a fanedit of Batman Returns! Most of my motivation is in making the Penguin's story more tragic. I did try using the same color grade as this one (yellows, cyans, and magentas), but it didn't look right due to the differences in style. I'm thinking of going for a cooler color palette (greens, blues, and some violets) in the future.

As for Batman '89 (I'm assuming the 80 was a typo), I don't have any plans for it. I don't think there's much to fix with that one, even though I do believe that The Dark Knight rightfully stole that movie's thunder. I'd be fine with less Kim Basinger, but I don't feel like that's enough to justify making a fanfix on.
Whoops, I did mean '89 - I'd considered a color palette that isolated all but the red and green tones but I don't know how that'd work for non Joker scenes. A cool set of tones would be perfect for Returns!

I did try using the same color grade as this one (yellows, cyans, and magentas), but it didn't look right due to the differences in style.
That's probably because the Burton films are pretty much exclusively blue.
As for Batman '89 (I'm assuming the 80 was a typo), I don't have any plans for it. I don't think there's much to fix with that one
While I do find '89 pretty lackluster, I don't see much an edit really could fix, since its problems are on a pretty fundamental level.

I'm moving in to a new apartment as I write this, so if I'm quiet over this week, that's why. I'll return to this project as soon as I get my computer unpacked.

Yes, I'm aware that I've gone silent here. As some of you have probably figured out, I am one of the names listed on the Red Apple Crew's latest endeavor with Clint Eastwood. Because the crew wishes to keep things hush hush, all I can say for now is that I've been busy with the "episode" and I've been preoccupied with that one over the last few months. Fortunately, my contribution to the Red Apple Crew is almost complete, and I'm now able to get back and return to Batman. I'm now working on assembling a trailer at this time. I've managed to cut things down to 25 minutes worth of footage, but that's still a lot to cut down to a 2 1/2 minute length. I'm not sure how long it's gonna take me to complete the trailer, but hopefully, it should make up for my mysterious disappearance on the thread.

Finally reduced the trailer down to 2 minutes and 29 seconds! Now to work on the audio part. šŸ˜¬

Back
Top Bottom