• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Batman Consecution: The True Fanedit Chronicles

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 stars

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
As usual I'm very late to the watching party. But I finally found time to watch half of this project.

InfoDroid - What a fantastic idea! And the execution was brilliant. I was a touch confused here and there, mainly due to my unfamiliarity with the source material, but once I caught up, I really enjoyed it. I loved that you included your sources in the end credits, and I was surprised how many sources you used. Well done.

Throw - Another great short. Returns is my favorite of all the movies, and to see this in b/w with color highlights was fantastic. I especially loved the opening music with the first scenes you chose. I think you mentioned the possibility of doing this for the whole movie, and I'd love to see it. But I'm curious - would you cut out the Penguin in a full version? :)

JMB - Joker's origin from the first movie as a TV episode? I loved it! The credits were great, especially the "Dark Knight will return in a moment" bit. And keeping the focus on Nicholson was a fun way to go. This made me want to program my DVR for next week's episode.

Dluppers - Meh. I applaud the attempt at using the fourth movie, it took guts. But as ID mentioned in his review, it just reminded me how awful the movie was. And I should point out, it sounded like a stereo mix upconverted to 5.1, as the dialogue came from all channels, including the rears. Not a big deal, as I just had to force my system to 2.1, but thought I should mention it.

UA - This was a very professional and technically impressive edit. Unfortunately, I'm not really a fan of the current Batman films, so I'm probably not one to judge this. I did like how the focus remained on Gordon, but the "Batman Voice" still drives me crazy, and Gordon's action hero bit at the end bugged me as much in this as it did in the original movie. But none of this is UA's fault, and once again the edit was very well done. Just not my cup of tea.

I forget who did the DVD design (boon, I think?), but it's very well done. I'll try to offer an opinion on the other shorts when I have a chance to watch...

Well, I didn't expect to have a chance to finish this so quickly, but when your hard drive crashes and you can't work on cutlists, it leaves you more time to watch fanedits.

Jack Tourette - I didn't realize there was a live action Batman show. It reminded me a bit of a lower budget Smallville. Having never seen this before, it's hard to comment on the actual editing, other than to say I didn't see anything distracting or poorly done. A nice piece of work.

Grievous Angel Draven - Yikes. I really wanted to like this based on the description. It's a great idea. But it might have worked a lot better as a 30 or 60 second commercial, rather than a 10 minute infomercial. And I didn't really care for the narrator voice treatment. At any rate, I'm glad this was on there, because it was a fun attempt at something different, even if it didn't quite work for me.

Mollo - This was really great. It's too bad there were two pieces on the project that used such similar stuff, although in the end this was obviously much different from Throw's work. The beginning credits were nice, the end credits were superb (laughed like crazy, I did), and the actual edit itself was very well done.

Kolpitz - I liked this a lot. A great idea and it was very well executed. Is it me, or did the animated Bruce Wayne look anything like Brock Sampson from The Ventrue Bros?

Boon/CBB (yeah, I noticed it said CBB on the menu but Boon in the edit) - Wow. I am not much of a Nolan Batman fan, but I loved this! What a wonderful idea and flawlessly executed.

So overall, this was a great project and I'm really glad I had the chance to view it. Thanks to all the editors for putting this together.

Where do I find this edit on fanedit.info? The page for the edit said Mollo was supervising the project, but I can't find it under his edit folder.

Batman Consecution Fanedit DVD5 has been uploaded to Usenet.

In my continuing quest to upload the Consecution shorts to Vimeo, here are the first batch of Batmans!

Mayhem and Mistletoe by ThrowgnCpr

Depths of Darkness by InfoDroid

Intruder Alert by Dluppers

The Savings Never End by G.A.D.

The Case of the Chemical Syndicate by Joker's Mailbag

The Killing Joke by Jack Tourette

The Gordon Perspective by Uncanny Antman

Could we just delete and forget about The Savings Never End by G.A.D.? :-(
Sorry if that's not a popular opinion but I don't understand how that one even made it onto the Consecution.

That's a very popular opinion. And I'm not into deleting edits just because they suck. It's an important historical artifact.

Agreed. We even still have Jack and Jill on IFDb. ;)

Maybe if this consecution was made today The Savings Never End wouldn't make the cut, but what is done is done, and back in the day the quality controls weren't so strict. It shall stay, it's part of FE.org history.

Neglify said:
Depths of Darkness by InfoDroid

Love this short. This is what originally inspired me to take a shot at this whole "fanediting" thing myself.

Neglify said:
That's a very popular opinion. And I'm not into deleting edits just because they suck. It's an important historical artifact.

That's fair. I'll just delete it mentally then.

:hippie:

Bat Memento by CBB

Inner Turmoil by Kolpitz

Pussy Control by Mollo

And with that, all Batman Consecution shorts are on Vimeo!

Oops, the Vimeo channel got shut down. Oh well, I tried.

Neglify said:
Oops, the Vimeo channel got shut down. Oh well, I tried.

bummer. FWIW, I've always had my short on my vimeo channel. It was a smaller render though, so the quality isn't as nice as what you uploaded. still viewable in its blocky form:

Thanks, I just switched that one in on IFDB.

Neglify said:
I just put switched that one in on IFDB.

thanksgivingfront.JPG

Back
Top Bottom