• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Barbenheimer is apparently a thing

I haven't seen either film, but Barbie looks to me like a studio learning the right lessons from the Lego movie rather than the wrong ones. I hope to see it with my wife if I can find time while it's in theaters. Hard to see movies at all with a still very small child, but we're going to try to make an exception and get someone to watch the kid so we can go, because the trailers were really good. And it seems like a good date night movie.

Oppenheimer, on the other hand (to me), is Nolan without a sci-fi hook, which I can wait to experience at home on an app.

I'm obviously among a small demographic that absolutely don't get it. I'm so happy my daughters are adults. I can appreciate that others might find it appealing for some reason. I wonder if there will be a movie about Big Wheels or Mean Machines soon? They could use a revival and the merchandising tie-ins would be off the charts.

Am I missing something?
Someone who refuses to believe something can evolve over time apparently.....

It's just as much of a commercial as The Dark Knight. I was 5 when TDK came out, I wasn't allowed to watch the movie but I had the toys just because it was Batman and I liked Batman. Barbie isn't made for kids, but it'll sell toys because kids already like the original property. Sure, by using that property you can argue that it's a commercial by default, but that's not what it's supposed to be. The movie has references to various old Barbies, your typical commercial movies will try to push new ideas for new toys. If anything this will encourage people to buy old toys from third party sellers, which doesn't help the toy company at all. Mattel is more or less painted as the villains of the movie. I've never played with a Barbie doll, I've never wanted to, and I still don't. I watched the movie because it's a good film. You don't have to watch it, but calling it a commercial without watching it doesn't sit right with me.
Yeah, this. Hell, look at Transformers. Started out as a bunch of toys strung together with outlines from Marvel, now it's a year-spanning war epic even involving caste systems and having events even inspired by the Soviet Union! (talking about IDW's great comics and the general Aligned titles. not the shitty Bayformers movies which just waste everything)

And that's not even getting started on stuff like Beast Machines

I'm obviously among a small demographic that absolutely don't get it. I'm so happy my daughters are adults. I can appreciate that others might find it appealing for some reason. I wonder if there will be a movie about Big Wheels or Mean Machines soon?
I don't mean any offense. I don't think you're alone at all, I think a big toy getting a big movie should naturally garner a hesitant reaction. This one just doesn't hit my BS meter the same way most do.

I'm obviously among a small demographic that absolutely don't get it. I'm so happy my daughters are adults. I can appreciate that others might find it appealing for some reason. I wonder if there will be a movie about Big Wheels or Mean Machines soon?

Gran Turismo seems like the closest we're getting for that one. For better or worse.

Read somewhere that some low budget companies making some film based on this concept.

I really really think the world needs a fan edit that smashes these two together

Maybe for like a trailer, but I can't imagine anyone having the energy to make a full feature length fanedit out of the idea that would be worth watching

It's not like Bateman Begins where there's an actor you can connect the two together. Thematically sure there's some concepts of the world being changed due to an event I guess, but I cannot see any kind of edit where this works. Unless it's some kind of 10-15 minute short. At worst, someone will intercut them with no cohesion and will end up with a 5 hour slog fest, at best, some kind of 2 hour mix that is tiresome but interesting.

Oh yeah definitely not a serious suggestion. I think it would be hilarious though, especially if it's a trainwreck. Or maybe one of those trailers where the tone is radically shifted from the original

You could make the “real world” Barbie goes to black and white and use that as a jumping off point to tell some of Oppenheimer. Obviously you’d lose all the Will Ferrell stuff and have only small bits of Barbie in black and white. And any color Oppenheimer stuff would need to be made black and white. I doubt you’d get anything very compelling, but yeah.

You could use the bare amount of Barbie footage and save it for the end where Oppenhiemer is contemplating the future....

I doubt you’d get anything very compelling, but yeah.
Nothing very compelling of course, but lets allow our imagination to run wild here!
You could use the bare amount of Barbie footage and save it for the end where Oppenhiemer is contemplating the future....
Or have it start with oppenheimer acknowledging they could destroy the world. Then you show the test explosion. Fade to Barbie World. She tries to come back to our reality...

Last edited:
Or have it start with oppenheimer acknowledging they could destroy the world. Then you show the test explosion. Fade to Barbie World. She tries to come back to our reality...
And then when Barbie gets to our world we see Charlton Heston kneeling on the beach in front of the remnants of the Statue of Liberty yelling: You maniac, you blew it up

Back
Top Bottom