• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Babylon 5

The voice actor replacements (for those that are sadly not with us) sounded okay. I read somewhere that this film will feature every actor from the show that is still alive. I assume because Zathras is gone, they had to use Zathras, or Zathras, as a stand-in for Zathras. I think Zathras is enough like Zathras that most people won't tell it's not really Zathras.

The voice actor replacements (for those that are sadly not with us) sounded okay. I read somewhere that this film will feature every actor from the show that is still alive. I assume because Zathras is gone, they had to use Zathras, or Zathras, as a stand-in for Zathras. I think Zathras is enough like Zathras that most people won't tell it's not really Zathras.
Sounded to me they used previous dialogue performed y either Zathras or Zathras... it could just be me and maybe it was Zathras

That's The Road Home blu-ray pre-ordered :) .

I don't recall seeing this before (although it's not new to the internet):

9vx631n4ewl91.png

It seems to me that they are all flipping us off in character. Of course Londo's ego demands he gives us both barrels, Garibaldi really means it and ever the joker Marcus has to be different.

Looks like it also includes The Gathering, but probably not the other TV movies, Crusade, or Lost Tales.

Finally! I've nearly caved so many times and purchased this on digital. I'm going to hit refresh on the Amazon UK order page every 5-minutes until it's available for pre-order. I see the page is listing 21-discs, leaving 1 for the gathering, that's 5.5 episodes per disc. Hope that isn't compressing them too much.

One note of caution, if this is widescreen and not uncropped 4:3 I may have to jump out of the nearest airlock in despair.

EDIT: My 1997 Revell Starfury model had to come out of the display cabinet and do a victory lap round my office :LOL: :

53055771889_f403941d5a_k.jpg

Last edited:
To do list:
- Spend money on B5 (yet again).
- Redo my season 5 "Phoenix Rising Arc" fanedit.
- Keep fingers crossed for future blu-ray release of movies, Legends, Crusade.

Babylon 5: The Lost Tales (2007)
Considering 90s space-opera 'Babylon 5' is one of my all-time favourite things, a central pillar of my beliefs, it's quite odd that I've never once watched straight-to-video thing 'The Lost Tales' before (two parts of a vague cancelled project). I don't know if it's because I knew that if I watched it, then B5 was truly over, or if after the sad failure and cancellation of the spin-off series 'Crusade', then the p*ss poor spin-off movie 'The Legend of the Rangers', I didn't want to watch this show I loved sink further into the mire. 'The Lost Tales' looked cheap and reeked of a last desperate attempt to keep this franchise on life support by the creator who cared, but with a tiny budget supplied by a studio that never seemed to give two sh*ts about B5. But now with the glossy looking new animated movie 'The Road Home' just weeks away, both those problems have gone away, because 'The Lost Tales' is not the end and the new movie looks like a triumphant return to what made B5 the greatest TV show ever made.

Well 'The Lost Tales' is fine, it's not particularly good but it's got some good dialogue. It feels awkwardly like the A-plot and B-plot of a standard 90s weekly Sci-Fi show separated into two episodes. The B-plot for me was definitely Tracy Scoggins' Col. Lochley (who I never warmed to) sitting in on a Catholic priest doing an exorcism. The 2nd much better A-plot part features the brilliant Bruce Boxleitner's President Sheridan facing the "Would you kill Hitler as a kid?" moral conundrum, when techno-mage Galen tells him a young Centauri Prince will destroy Earth in the future. The space FX have a quite different look to the show, which I'm not sure is an improvement. I'm also unsure about the addition of film-grain, it does help integrate the live action and CGI FX well. I'm glad I waited to watch this and could just appreciate it as another hour I could spend in this world, even if it wasn't a great hour.

I wonder if the two could be combined into a single movie to actually make them A and B plots.

Babylon 5 is coming to Blu Ray December 5th! It already has a preorder on Amazon. $100 for the complete series. Seeing that I shelled out $40 for the digital remasters, I'll probably wait to get this second hand or during a sale. Still, Babylon 5 on Blu Ray!

Late to the party....🤦 Helps if I read back more than 2 posts....thanks for not flaming me everyone 🙃

That's the B5 boxset pre-ordered for Xmas! I noticed it was the best selling Sci-Fi blu-ray on Amazon and is the #4 best seller overall and the blu-ray and 4K of 'The Road Home' take up another 2 spots in the top-20. You see Warner Bros, if you build it, they will come :LOL: .

'The Road Home' blu-ray dropped through my letterbox and was up on my TV before it touched the mat ;)... (no spoilers ahead)

Babylon 5: The Road Home (2023)
I had high hopes (and some trepidation) for this belated animated revival of the best TV show ever made, Babylon 5. It's even better than my wildest dreams. I adored the anime style look, the score is glorious (no mean feat because anybody whose not Christopher Franke has previously sucked), the new voice actors do a fine job, especially Anthony Hansen as Garibaldi and Rebecca Riedy as Delenn. Bruce Boxleitner reprises Sheridan like he never left, he's the same fearless, inspiring hero, with the same childish and self-deprecating sense of humour. You can tell the animators/director really cared, in little touches like the cutaways to the B5 station defences coming on line, with the same familiar camera angles and edits. The "multiverse" story is a love-letter to the TV show, allowing us to see aspects of the mythos we only glimpsed before but not in a cheap fan-servicey way, it all means something. Avoid spoilers for the ending, a tantalising surprise which I for one am all for! Please make more of these animated adventures Warner Bros. Time to watch the blu-ray again with J. Michael Straczynski and Bruce Boxleitner's commentary track.

The "multiverse" story is a love-letter to the TV show, allowing us to see aspects of the mythos we only glimpsed before but not in a cheap fan-servicey way, it all means something.

So with it being a Multiverse Love Letter, does it have consequences? Does it advance the mythology? Or is it a fun "What if" story with a Reset Button in the end?

If BABYLON 5 did a musical episode...

:)

I watched again with the blu-ray commentary with JMS & Boxleitner. Really lovely, lots of talking about their missing friends and and how the animation and new voice actors did them proud. Plus them laughing along with all the Sheridan jokes was great fun.

Back
Top Bottom