• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Babylon 5

For anyone who missed the deal last time, Babylon 5 The Complete Series Remastered is on sale on itunes for $39.99 right now.
THANKS...

I just grabbed one episode and none of my players, PC (I have about 10 players) or DRM removals (lost count how many) or converters will strip it...so I can only play it on iTunes or Apple TV...and I won't use DVD FAB remover coz I'm not sharing my logon and password...

Other series I bought and downloaded years back play on anything...what a bummer...

roll on the blu ray release

@Wraith I haven't used DVDfab's drm removal tool for a few years now, but I don't remember ever having to share my login info. I know TunesKit doesn't require that. TunesKit just accesses your downloaded iTunes media folder.

@Wraith I haven't used DVDfab's drm removal tool for a few years now, but I don't remember ever having to share my login info. I know TunesKit doesn't require that. TunesKit just accesses your downloaded iTunes media folder.
DRM remover did just that, but the new files cant be stripped with it...so they want you to download a streammed version and remove the drm....Tech eveloves. Ill try Tuneskit...I mean you "OWN" it...I want to watch it where I WANT and the device I WANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the BS of the future...

Get one of their phones, no headphone jack...BUT THEIR BUDS>...

I have AV cables which were apple compatible and the licence ran out and the verfication chip in there tells Apple, and it wont use the cables...

Scarface the PC game...Licence ran out...so now you have to hack it or have a dual boot with a different system date

MORE BS

Yeah, apple is annoying, but to use the files you are kind of stuck with them or Amazon at the moment. That's just the way it is. PM me if you'd like help with the iTunes stuff.

The complete Remastered series is on sale again for $39.99 on iTunes.
iTunes sales usually reset on Tuesday morning so if you want it you'd need to get it before ethe end of the day.

How worth it is it to upgrade? I own the series on DVD and the aspect ratio stuff annoyed me, but how much better does the remaster actually look in your opinion? (And are the iTunes and HBOMax versions equal in quality if you have access to both?)

Good questions. I have the DVDs sitting on my shelf but only watch the iTunes versions now. I don't have HBOMax so I can't speak to that. I tunes encodes at around 5-6mbps for downlaodable HD files. I'm not sure if that differs for streamed bitrates. Also, I'm not sure if Amazon or HBOMax versions are at a higher bitrate. Amazon HD files download at anywhere between 5-15mbps depending on the movie/show.

Here's someone's video comparison from a year ago.

Btw, the series is still on sale on iTunes.

The video quality is much better, and the VFX shots feel a lot less claustrophobic being zoomed back out. I will say that I like the color grading on the DVDs better than the iTunes comparison.

I'll contain my excitement 'til I've A: seen some footage and B: am sure WB haven't Batgirl'd this thing for tax reasons.

BABYLON 5 COmplete Series HD Remastered on iTunes Uk for just £29.99!

^ YAAAAAAYYYYY!

You beat me to posting that :LOL: . JMS has been hinting something big was coming on his twitter.

Looks like "Into the Babylon-iverse", or "War Without End Part 3". Love the animation style. Will this be the first ever B5 blu-ray release?

^ YAAAAAAYYYYY!

You beat me to posting that :LOL: . JMS has been hinting something big was coming on his twitter.

Looks like "Into the Babylon-iverse", or "War Without End Part 3". Love the animation style. Will this be the first ever B5 blu-ray release?
I just hope it is more than a "What If" story. If it is, and it just ends with a status quo reset, then it is a wasted opportunity imo.

As I would love this to be successful and see more stories that fill in B5 tapestry, like The Telepath War or wrapping up the threads from Crusade or Legend of the Rangers.

I was a bit hesitant when I read it was going to be an animated show, but it nails the vibe while improving on it too. I wouldn't mind a number of these if it has comparable writing to the source show. I'd even welcome a streaming series. Here's hoping it's good.

Oh no. I was really excited but I hated that trailer. I'll still probably buy it but I have very low expectations now.

Oh no. I was really excited but I hated that trailer. I'll still probably buy it but I have very low expectations now.
It seemed to capture the B5 vibe well to me. The show was always a bit ridiculous.

It seemed to capture the B5 vibe well to me.
I think the main issue is the cheap cel-shaded CG. Just doesn't look that good.

(and nitpik, but did The Shadows ever had enough blood in them for bloody headshots like at the beginning of the trailer? Always thought of them as bug-like exoskeletons)

I think the main issue is the cheap cel-shaded CG. Just doesn't look that good.

(and nitpik, but did The Shadows ever had enough blood in them for bloody headshots like at the beginning of the trailer? Always thought of them as bug-like exoskeletons)
Animation gets a bigger bloodget

Back
Top Bottom