• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Avi to DVD

lol... thread resurrection.

:shock: Oops, shoulda checked the date, sorry okes didn't realise I was necro-posting :-(

Edit: Damn I did it again :shock:

effy11 said:
:shock: Oops, shoulda checked the date, sorry okes didn't realise I was necro-posting :-(

Edit: Damn I did it again :shock:

:evil: Enter effy11, our resident Necromancer and master of the dark arts of Windows DVD making software. :lol: :smile: :) :)

Don't worry about it, effy. I do far worse on a regular basis. :)

haha, avoid the lame windows software. Here are some options for various experience/quality levels:

HARDEST/BEST QUALITY: virtualdub (for resizing, filters, etc) & Cinema Craft Encoder (encoding) & some authoring program (ex: DVDLabPro, Sony DVD Architect)
MIDDLE/GOOD QUALITY: TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress - all in one resize / filters / encode & some authoring program still needed (ex: DVDLabPro, Sony DVD Architect)
EASIEST/OK QUALITY: ConvertX2DVD - as few clicks / thinking as possible. converts straight to burn-ready DVD folders

i typically use ffmpeg, avidemux, dvdauthor, etc. on linux - mpeg2 quality has improved significantly with ffmpeg so i just use that for conversion projects (and the same programs minus dvdauthor for DVD to AVI)

I swear by DVD2SVCD... I've always had great results with it.
Basically, its a front end for many programs to automate the process (calculates bitrate, etc.)
All the programs (Avisynth, multiplexer, audio encoder, etc.) are included, except for the encoder.

Here is a screenie courtesy of doom9
d2s-aviinput.gif

Here is their guide for avi to dvd conversion
http://www.doom9.org/mpg/dvd2svcd-avi.htm
The encoders you can use with it are CCE or TMPG or Canopus ProCoder.

It's an oldie, but a goodie :)

Back
Top Bottom