• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Avi to DVD

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What would be the best and easy software for this...

pro: avs script with CCE, author with DVD Lab pro.
amateur: tmpgenc, author with tmpg dvd author
beginner: DVD Flick (no menu)

Also try VSO ConvertXtoDVD... works for PAL or NTSC, settings for 16:9 or 4:3, subtitle options, simple menu (backgrounds/fonts, etc). Very user-friendly. I've been using it for 2 years myself... even though I know how to use some (slightly) more advanced tools, this one still does what I need it to do on the fly. And conversion time (depending on your computer) is quick, with high quality output.

I use Nero for my edits. It does a pretty good job too.

Everytime i convert with CCE it outputs to 4.3 is they a setting so i can change to 16.9?

AvP said:
Everytime i convert with CCE it outputs to 4.3 is they a setting so i can change to 16.9?

yes, for the settings template, you should have the option for 4.3 or 16.9 output

it doesnt give that option.

I dont have CCE in front of me, but what version are you using? It is probably there somewhere, you just may have to search around for it. I dont have the newest version of CCE, so my menus may be a bit different than yours

hmmm, I believe I am using 2.6.something. Did you ever get this figured out.

Here is a guide on 2.70 at doom9.net. This should help: CCE 2.70 GUIDE

This is what I was referring to on the template page:

cce270-ar.png

thanks! i keep forgetting about that place,you have to right click on the Avi...whats better cbr or vbr?

thanks again!

How would I use DVDLab Pro to convert .MP4 to .VOB?

I would like to create a DVD that I can view in my DVD player.

raist3001 said:
How would I use DVDLab Pro to convert .MP4 to .VOB?

I would like to create a DVD that I can view in my DVD player.

dvdlab isnt a encoder.

AvP is right. You need to first encode the files if you want to author a DVD with Lab pro. Use something like TMPGEnc to get your .m2v and .ac3 files. If you want an easy all in one solution that encodes and makes a dvd check out something like convertx2dvd

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated. Is there any tutorials here or any where that I can look up to aid me in creating DVD's from the AWSOME fanedits that can be found here? Especially in creating dual layer DVD's?

By the way, I used a program called Video Converter Master to convert to VOB.

Or if your not a phobic of windows software you could always use windows dvd maker as long as you have the required codec.

Back
Top Bottom