• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Are Marvel Cinematic Universe films actually good films?

addiesin said:
Yeah, it's the action flashback where Janet is lost.

But that scene takes place before the Ant-Man prologue with Howard Stark and Peggy Carter, because the other guy makes a crack about Pym not being able to protect Janet.

Gaith said:
addiesin said:
Yeah, it's the action flashback where Janet is lost.

But that scene takes place before the Ant-Man prologue with Howard Stark and Peggy Carter, because the other guy makes a crack about Pym not being able to protect Janet.

The one you're describing is 1989, two years later. Correct.

^ *headdesk*

You're right, my bad. I got around turned.  :p

So I guess we can lock the thread then?

TVs Frink said:
So I guess we can lock the thread then?

Sorry for my misunderstanding, @"TVs Frink", but is that a subtle joke or a serious statement?  :>

So,  the new Spiderman marks the first crossover movie from different distributors correct? Does anyone think XMen (FOX)  could make a deal to bring them into the MCU?

MEME-EXPERT-jokes-are-funnier-when-you-explain-them.jpg

DigModiFicaTion said:
So,  the new Spiderman marks the first crossover movie from different distributors correct? Does anyone think XMen (FOX)  could make a deal to bring them into the MCU?

Highly unlikely, my dear friend.  And I am happy it is.  Kevin Feige said a few weeks ago that the deal is nowhere near.

If the X-Men ever did cross over, it'd have to from be a different reality, like the CW's Supergirl's is to the Arrow/Flash world, as the MCU is too detailed at this point to suddenly include mutants (and they've got their Inhumans anyhow). (Which is just as well, as I don't think the world mesh particularly well anyhow, much as I don't believe Bats and Supes should share a reality just because copyright particulars mean they can.)

That said, I don't see Fox letting their X-Men rights lapse anytime soon, as they encompass so many characters and stories that they'd be far wiser to make a few lower-budgeted (by blockbuster standards) movies, waiting to strike gold again, than to give them up. The first X-Men, after all, had a relatively modest budget, and given the school setting, they could always reboot with a fairly cheap teen drama take on the franchise - which may be what next year's possible New Mutants flick will be.

I agree with Gaith. I do think, however, that a deal should be made for the Fantastic Four rights.

Back
Top Bottom