• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Aquaman: De-Marvelized Edition

It's mostly the name that's got them worked up. I'm getting dragged. Bunch of Children...No worries. My Twitter inbox is full of requests.

I might be too late for this suggestion, but regarding the Black Manta origin scene:
The Black Manta theme music is way better in my opinion BUT, the scene would be perfect if you cut the helmet lazer gag and instead cut away on the close-up of the helmet's eyes lighting up. It would be more menacing and fit the droning synth of the BM theme music.

cover version 1
aquaman%2Bversion%2B1.jpg

What do you think of the term Ocean Master? I found it pretty cringe-inducing when I watched, but I watched the movie dubbed in italian unfortunately, so perhaps that's why it gave me that feeling (they didn't translate the term, so it stuck out for more reasons than one).

Anyways, dropping in just to say how good of a work it seems you're doing. Aquaman really was something unique. I didn't love it, but it was certainly unlike anything I have seen. Good luck!

woundedmakers said:
I might be too late for this suggestion, but regarding the Black Manta origin scene:
The Black Manta theme music is way better in my opinion BUT, the scene would be perfect if you cut the helmet lazer gag and instead cut away on the close-up of the helmet's eyes lighting up. It would be more menacing and fit the droning synth of the BM theme music.

Too late. Lol

Anyway it's not really a gag, he's experimenting. Also the helmet looks totally different from the later one.

jswert123456 said:
cover version 1
aquaman%2Bversion%2B1.jpg

I like it a lot. Great look. Any chance you could put "De-Marvelized Edition" somewhere on it? Love it. Please and thanks!

Hands down with this fan edit cover, it looks way better than the original one.

@"DriggyDriggs", is there any chance that you would also release an alternate edition with no alterations to the visuals, for those (such as me) who prefer the original color grade over yours?

hbenthow said:
@"DriggyDriggs", is there any chance that you would also release an alternate edition with no alterations to the visuals, for those (such as me) who prefer the original color grade over yours?

Sorry I won't be doing that. However, the color grade change really isn't a drastic change for the majority of the movie.

jswert123456 said:
cover version 1- tweaked
aquaman%2Bversion%2B1-%2Btweaked.jpg

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Well the Fan Edit is complete, so I guess this thread can be moved?

DriggyDriggs said:
However, the color grade change really isn't a drastic change for the majority of the movie.

Which parts is it a drastic change for, and in which way does it change them?

hbenthow said:
DriggyDriggs said:
However, the color grade change really isn't a drastic change for the majority of the movie.

Which parts is it a drastic change for, and in which way does it change them?

Mostly at the beginning of the film before he goes to Atlantis, especially in the sub, and during the Trench scene. I desaturated a little, brought out the blues a lot more and darkened it a bit to set the mood. Everywhere else I just minimally desaturated it to make skin tone look more natural instead of so orange. You can always take a look and judge for yourself. Also I think there's a link earlier in the thread with a couple of screenshots from the sub scene.

DriggyDriggs said:
Well the Fan Edit is complete, so I guess this thread can be moved?

moved. congrats on finishing the edit :)

This sounds exactly like the kind of Aquaman movie my wife and I want to watch

Back
Top Bottom