• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

April Fool's Joke 2010: Backstroke Of The Empire

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
botequ.jpg

Backstroke Of The Empire: The Empire Strikes Back Grindhoused

After a very warm welcome to my last Grindhouse edit "The War Of The Stars" people asked me for a sequel.
In fact I worked on it same time as War of the stars, but I wanted to release a none grindhouse edit before (my KONG edit)

As I didn't have a 16mm preservation version to work with this time, I did the same as for my JAWS edit: adding grain and grindhouse effect with plugins.

The movie starts with a reminder of what happened at the end of WAR of the Stars, for this edit had an ending a bit different than the original.

I don't think I'll make a return of the Jedi thought, because in the end of this new edit everyone died! Just kidding.

- New intro: showing the end of the previous edit
- Reorganized scenes.
- More R2 subtitles.
- More blood
- SPOILER ahead!!!!!: New actor for the emperor.
- New music
- New ending

run time: 91 minutes.

cover art:
backstrokeote.jpg

edit:
This was FE's 2010 April Fool's Joke. Thank you very much, tmbtm, for being so much a part of it. It worked really well :)
The DVD was downloaded 31 times. The post on FE was viewed 250 times (which is pretty awesome).
Thanks to everybody who knew it and did not reveal it.

Tmbtm has asked me to post this:
bigfishj.jpg

you, sir, are an editing machine! Awesome!

Indeed! A sequel so soon! This is as unexpected as it is unmissable. :)

There is a Fanediting God, and he has sent me this sign of direction during the Easter break...

It's always hard to tell which way to go when April 1st comes around. I hope you're not toying with the masses, TM. ;)

don't you worry. There was a problem with one of the links, so it will take another hour or so and then it is up. Thank you, tmbtm for taking directly care of it.

This edit sounds great, going to get it right now.
Ooops not there yet, shall have look later.

Sweet!! Though it should be removed from the main site till it's actually available, that's CRUEL :p .

sorry for the delay... NOW it is up.

:shock:

:smile: :smile: :smile:

What an awesome surprise! I thought at best you might be *considering* this. To see you are already done and it's posted...

:shock:

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Can't wait to watch this!

Good Stuff.
Downloading it now!

I was afraid that that JD wasn't downloading correctly but it's all good even though it's a small download.

This works even though JDownloader shows each file as 4MB??

yes it does. Worked fine for me.
I watched the first 5 minutes and it's really cool so far.

boon23 said:
yes it does. Worked fine for me.
I watched the first 5 minutes and it's really cool so far.

You got me, I'm a sap :-D

So, I'm guessing my feeling was right after all?

Can someone say, "UA, your insight serves you well."? ;)

huh? this was great. Just like the originals, I found Empire Grindhouse to be much better than the original. great work TMBTM :)

Back
Top Bottom