• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Anchorman: The Alarm Clock Cut

Very seamless editing - probably the best I've seen in a fan-edit (and I know how hard it can be to combine different material from this movie).

The material left out did bother me quite a bit though, because I knew what to expect; namely, Ron driving recklessly, most of Wes Mantooth, the infamous newscaster battle, Dave Gruber Allen, and Brian twisting his ankle.

Thank you [MENTION=5371]TheLazenby[/MENTION], that is a wonderful compliment regarding the editing.

As far as the content, I had to find a balance to make it watchable. The original workprint did include Ron driving recklessly and more of Wes Mantooth, but narratively they just didn't fit within the new structure. Wes served no narrative purpose as he was no longer the antagonist, and as such, as epic as the newscaster brawl is, it was pretty evident that it was not part of the original script and instead something filmed as part of the re-shoot and again, didn't serve the narrative.

Now, a Kitchen-Sink type edit could include all of this, but I'm not sure how watchable it would be for most people, it would clock in at well over 3 hours which is is simply too long for a comedy and the narrative would be really stretched. As it is, the time between Alarm Clock appearances are too far apart, and adding more stuff only waters it down even more.

But I have to admit a sick curiosity to seeing this in ultra-extended form ;)

I've always thought about how awesome it would be to see an everything in there extended cut of Anchorman (hell maybe even with the bloopers thrown in).

L8wrtr said:
But I have to admit a sick curiosity to seeing this in ultra-extended form ;)

Mate, you have to do this, if only to save me from struggling through it lol. I said before I was attempting this very idea, and recently I restarted my "Anchorman: Full Broadcast Edition" only to be tripped up trying to import the files. I'm currently sitting on 3 seperate Anchorman DVD releases and for some reason I can't successfully rip and import a single one. I had no problems with my last edit, and each copy fails in a different way. Just bizarre.

I think you could pretty easily make a mega-cut of the film using a good 80% of the footage. Some things just wouldn't sit next to eachother at all, but a film that uses the Alarm Clock plot as the A story and the panda rescue as an epilogue could incorporate just about everything. A narrative mess, but just imagine all of that Achorman goodness haha.

Maybe not the place for it, but I downloaded this cut and have no idea what to do with it now. It's unpacked as an .img file atm. Tried to PM you but your inbox was full.

You can either burn an IMG file or (if you're a PC user) right-click and click "Quick mount" to open it. You can also use a program such as Power ISO to extract the files.

A few updates!

1. Whammy links have been submitted to Info. If you cannot wait, feel free to PM me (inbox has been cleared) but only if you can't wait :)

2. Using the Scientific Method I have used third party independent verification that the problem of the 'green' line is not a problem of my work-flow, but in fact an inherent flaw in the encode for the commercial DVD of the Unrated Cut. Depending on how your TV projects the image and does or does not crop the extreme edge of the image you may or may not see it, but if you watch on a computer you will likely see it because it displays the full image. Viewed on computer this will also clearly show which scenes are Anchorman and which are Wake Up because the top and bottom frame of Anchorman has very narrow black horizontal bars which most TV's crop.

What this means is, even when I release a V2, this is not an aspect that will be fixed because the only way to fix it is to zoom and crop which I'm not interested in doing. So V2, whenever it releases will have nominal differences, mostly just audio things which only [MENTION=8734]Dwight Fry[/MENTION] can detect, a modified title card and God willing, a commentary track with Sir Neglify.

3. Regarding burning it, see what Neg said.

4. Kitchen Sink edit - consider this a very possible future project, but not any time soon.

During my downtime at work, I did manage to piece together an "Extended Alarm Clock Cut" - more Wes Mantooth, Ron driving recklessly, newscaster battle, Dave Gruber Allen, Brian twisting his ankle. It came out to around 2 hours, 28 minutes.

I've watched through it with a couple people, and it remains funny throughout - but the Alarm Clock disappears for about an hour, and when they show up for the Amy Poehler scene, you've almost forgotten who the movie is about.

theunbeholden said:
Someone PM me a easy way to download this.

What a polite request, we'll get right on it!

Actually, no. Instead, read this:

If this is your first time here please read Using This Site. It's full of useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. This site has many rules in place to protect itself and its users. Should you ever need a reminder look no further: General Rules and Own the Source Rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to an admin for further details.

Back
Top Bottom