• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Anchorman: The Alarm Clock Cut

Whammy will be available again this month.

stretch009 said:
By the way, just in case you care and didn't already know, there is a typo on the back of your covers. The one I found is at the end of the first paragraph: Wake Up Ron Burbundy. It's not really earth-shattering, I know, just thought you might like to know.

Dammit, it should have been Bourbondy.

Heads-up. With some very minor feedback (of the type most won't notice but now that I've seen cannot un-see) I will have to do the cardinal sin of releasing a minor update. This however isn't a horrible thing as I intended on re-releasing this by end of January anyway with the Special Edition Alarm Clock cut featuring joint commentary by Neglify and myself. The commentary has been victim to a baffling series of technical problems which we will overcome one way or another.

Anyhow, the fixes are not narrative in nature. 1 flash frame, one audio change that only the likes of Dwight catches... and ahem.. a corrected title card.

L8wrtr said:
The commentary has been victim to a baffling series of technical problems which we will overcome one way or another.

Beerfest commentary with reave and blueyoda cursed me.

How other people watch fanedits:

tv-boy.jpg

How I watch fanedits:

doc49d27a2f63f170593680631.jpg

^Hopefully not all the time, because that's a miserable way to watch movies. ;)

does anyone still have the anchorman alarm clock cut

plz any links ect to download this wounderful piece

Congrats on the release L8! I shall look forward to witnessing the finished product shortly

Watched.
Smiled.
Snickered.
Laughed.
Laughed some more.
Good work L8!

This was an interesting experiment by L8wrtr, trying to recreate the original unreleased version of Anchorman that was rejected by preview audiences and ordered re-written/re-shot by the studio. And based on the limited information available, I think L8 has done a remarkable job.

The new narrative merging material from WAKE UP with ANCHORMAN works pretty well for the most part, though there is some unevenness (such a Carell's portrayl of Brick), but I can easily believe this is pretty darn close to the original version. Which makes me understand why the studio ordered the reshoot of the film. To me, most the scenes featuring the Alarm Clock gang alone are just not that funny, especially when compared to the rest of the material. For example, the bank heist scene with Amy Poehler just sits there limp and lame. On paper I am sure it sounded funny, particularly with Poehler's delivery. But in reality, while I smiled through it, it did not have the same high insane energy as the rest of the scenes featuring Ferrell and cohorts. But this is not a detraction of the edit. If any thing, this is just a reaffirmation that L8 achieved his set out goals.

This is a definite improvement over the original WAKE UP RON BURGUNDY. It is a fuller, more satisfying entertainment experience. It is still a bit uneven and has some flat moments (IMO), but if you have watched ANCHORMAN to death and are looking for an alternate funny adventure featuring the Channel 4 News Team, then this is the fan edit for you.

Thumbs Up!
Thanks for Laughs L8!!! You are one classy dude.:)

bionicbob said:
if you have watched ANCHORMAN to death and are looking for an alternate funny adventure featuring the Channel 4 News Team, then this is the fan edit for you.
That'll probably be the case for most viewers. This'll be a fun alternative version. I need to watch it soonishly myself!

Thanks for the review Bob! I'm relieved to see someone enjoyed it for what it was intended:)

Stay classy.

Glad someone hopped on to this idea. There's some fantastic material in the deleted Alarm Clock plot. Will have to check this out.

I attempted this basic idea a couple of years ago but my equipment failed me. Was hoping to combine the lion's share of both films into a 2.5 hour mega film with the Zoo rescue as an after credit adventure. Got frustrated because I couldn't source all of the material in the same format.

Thanks Henz, I think you'll enjoy the cut. The first workprint clocked in at 2.5 hours, but just dragged too much. The theatrical is only around an hour and a half, which surprised the hell out of me when I looked at it.

Hope you watch and enjoy.

I watched this the other night. Superior editing as ever from [MENTION=8664]L8wrtr[/MENTION] :-D

I'd watched Wake Up a good few years ago now, but what bugged me was the voice over attempting to make it a sort of pseudo-sequel, that didn't really work.

L8's version totally works. It was quite bizarre actually, following the plot along as it did with the original and we're suddenly drifting off into a completely different plotline and conclusion. I really enjoyed it - will be recommending my Anchorman friends/fans to watch this.

Totally seemless editing wise. The only thing I noticed was something in the picture - every now and again, I'd see a green band on the right hand side of the screen - very thin going from top to bottom???? It wasn't distracting and you don't really notice it.

Anyways, good work mate!

Thanks White! I agree that one of the more interesting aspects of this edit is the unique way you experience the Alarm Clock gang storyline as compared to how it was released in Wake Up. The changes at first are subtle, like just watching a version that utilizes some alternate ad-libbed takes, but over time the changes start to add up until suddenly you're watching a completely different movie without the ham-fisted narration.

Regarding the green line, yes, this is one of the issues that Dwight brought to my attention. This appears to be a different factor depending on how you view it. Viewed on computer it shows, on some TV's its cropped (such as mine which is why I didn't notice) but I guess others have different tolerances. Looking back at the project files the flaw is actually in the original rip so to fix this will require a new rip, which is something I will try to do as soon as possible.

Ultimately this edit was just an exploration of what almost was, which also allows us to appreciate Anchorman even more for what it was!

Stay Classy.

I'm trying to extract the DVD, but it says I need a password.

I should follow other editors' lead and put that in the OP.

fanedit.org

Back
Top Bottom