• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

American Horror Story

thunderclap said:

I realised I didn't give a toss for any of the characters

geminigod said:
I reached a similar point, but the last few episodes are actually really good.

Finally finished ep 11 and it was alright I'm just not 'feeling' it anymore. Only one ep to go so might as well push on through.

EDIT: Pushed on through, quite enjoyed the finale, will probably watch season 2 when it arrives.

Anyone else watch the premiere of Coven last night?

I wasn't quite as struck with it right off as I was with Asylum and Murder House, but there were several times where it really hit me in the uncomfortables:

- The opening scene with Kathy Bates's killing attic was insane. Some pretty graphic stuff in there.
- The bit where Emma Roberts's character was raped at the party was really intense too. Her character is a bitch, but she didn't deserve that, and her taking her revenge was awesome.

I really dig the new opening credits too. Definitely a lot of symbolism in there waiting to be ripped apart. :D

I watched all of Season One, and it seemed to go flat by the end.
Inventive first half, before the stories began meandering in circles.
Like others, I lost interest but finished the episodes like a bag of stale chips.
Still have Season Two, unopened, not in my queue to view.

I loved the first two seasons and, while season 2 wasn't all that scary, it served up enough shocks to make it engaging. I haven't had a chance to start the new season, but I plan to watch it in the next day or two.

Thanks for the heads up, wasn't aware a third season was on the cards!

Halfway through ep. 1, way more potential than s2!

nOmArch said:
Halfway through ep. 1, way more potential than s2!

good to hear. I really liked season 1, but was disappointed with season 2.

Deffo try s3, the first episode was epic.

Anybody watching this new season? I think that so far it has a chance to rival season 1 for my favorite. Reading through this thread reminds me of one of the most fascinating things about the show: the wide ranging opinions on each season. I've read through a ton of season rankings because I like to compare things and all four seasons appear on multiple lists in the top and bottom spot. I was surprised to learn that 'Asylum' topped more lists than any other and I'm honestly shocked that so many people have Coven anywhere but last. If anybody cares, for me they go:
1. Murder House
2. Freak Show
3. Asylum
4. Coven
though 2 and 3 are almost interchangeable and 4 is well below.

Anyway, I am thoroughly enjoying the aesthetic of the new season and Gaga's performance immensely. It seems that the over-stylized look puts a lot of folks off, but for me it fits the tone of the show so well.

I've stopped watching Hotel because it just wasn't grabbing be like previous seasons. I think it's because there were too many characters that didn't seem to have a purpose. They're also going a bit over the top for me with the violence. Normally I don't mind that sort of this but it seems excessive this season.

Q2 said:
I've stopped watching Hotel because it just wasn't grabbing be like previous seasons. I think it's because there were too many characters that didn't seem to have a purpose. They're also going a bit over the top for me with the violence. Normally I don't mind that sort of this but it seems excessive this season.

That's a fair point about the characters' purposes. I think it's hard to say this early since we're just seeing early stages of arcs but if you're not really feeling it, I can't blame you for not seeing where they go. The violence is pretty out there but they also had a minotaur rape Precious two years ago outside of the house where Kathy Bates graphically tortured and murdered her slaves, so it hasn't really felt more violent than other seasons to me. Just different kinds, I guess. I'm working on an edit of the first season and revisiting it after watching the rest of series really makes you realize how tame it is from a gore/shock standpoint. Yet at the time it was a huge deal how graphic and gory it was. It really shows how much they've upped the shock ante (for better or for worse) over the years.

Out of curiosity, what's your favorite season?

Anyone else been watching Roanoke, or My Roanoke Nightmare? With the full possibility that I'm just a pansy, I'm finding this to be one of the scariest seasons they've done. The docu-drama aspect has been refreshing, and doesn't rob anything of suspense. Sure, we have an idea how things will end (barring a big twist in a few episodes) but I'm digging it so far.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go fetch my brown pants.

Long time fan of the show, just caught up. I'm really torn on this season, but I know it's early and they'll probably go in some more crazy directions. I liked the second episode a lot more, though the house is sounding a lot like the Murder House. My one big problem is that I think the documentary style does rob it of some drama, since we know all three characters survive. That being said, I love the actors in the reenactments, and I feel like it's going to get time-hoppy, which I usually enjoy.

There was an interview with Ryan Murphy where he said there was going to be a big twist/change up in episode six, so I don't think the documentary aspect is going to last all season. Even so, it's nice to see something different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^Agreed! They spend a portion of each season in a different time, so I expect it's going to get really wacky.

I was a big fan of the series, but with each season it seemed to devolve to gross out horror. I never made it through the first few episodes of last season. I'm hoping this season steers clear of the overtly graphic stuff for the more psychological/suspense horror.

I started to lose interest around Freak Show, which I was unable to finish, and didn't make it to the end of the first episode of Hotel. Hopefully Season 6 is an improvement cause I really enjoyed the early ones.

One episode left! Roanoke has been one of my favorite seasons. 

The end of the ninth episode had one of the most disturbing scenes I've ever seen: two people impaled on poles and set on fire, and right before that, body camera footage of someone being disemboweled. Holy shit.

I know things like that aren't necessarily indicative of quality, but if nothing else, this season has had some really visceral stuff.

Whoa, interesting. One of the most fascinating things with this show is how much different seasons resonate with people differently. This has been the weakest season for me. I think taking away all the suspense about living and dying makes it really hard for me to get invested. And it's a shame to make a great actress like Sarah Paulson do an English accent when it is so clearly not in her toolbox.

You and I are in agreement that the English accent isn't Paulson's strong point. The main reasons I've been digging this season is because it's so different from seasons past. Those talking head reenactment shows are decent from time to time. I make no secret of my dislike for "reality" TV so when they took a massive skewer to it in episode six, I was beyond pleased. There hasn't been as much suspense as far as who lives and dies this season, but I've been more invested in the characters.

I do appreciate things switching up every year. Keeps it fresh (for the most part).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom