• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

American Horror Story

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Interesting plots. Likeable and despiseable characters. Interesting.

A little too campy and too in your face about certain controversial things.

Worse of all it seems to be all over the place within each season. The second season was by far the best. The latest season and the one before it are very forgettable. So much so that I watched them and can't remember what seasons they are or what their names are.

Hotel was the last season that was any good.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Denizen said:
Interesting plots. Likeable and despiseable characters. Interesting.

A little too campy and too in your face about certain controversial things.

Worse of all it seems to be all over the place within each season. The second season was by far the best. The latest season and the one before it are very forgettable. So much so that I watched them and can't remember what seasons they are or what their names are.

Hotel was the last season that was any good.

100% agree. I love the first two seasons and Hotel. After that, I was incredibly disappointed with the reality TV season and then stopped watching the election cult season halfway through. Not even a delightfully campy Billy Eichner and some other good performances could keep me interested in that one. I haven't watched since. I think the fact that they went back to the past for this latest season shows they've run out of ideas.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
100% agree. I love the first two seasons and Hotel. After that, I was incredibly disappointed with the reality TV season and then stopped watching the election cult season halfway through. Not even a delightfully campy Billy Eichner and some other good performances could keep me interested in that one. I haven't watched since. I think the fact that they went back to the past for this latest season shows they've run out of ideas.

Exactly! The first season, Murder House, was pretty good. Really good, actually. Interesting. So much so that a bunch of your friends decide to have little (not so little by the time Coven came out) episode parties each week.

Then the second season, Asylum, comes along and it is really good. So you and everyone else are excited about the series. Its the new great thing. Everyone is gathering by the water cooler to discuss the latest.

Then the third season, Coven, comes out. It was a little hard to get into, but once you did, you liked it. None of you liked it as much as the first two. But the little parties are irresistible, so you go. Mojitas and finger sandwiches. Who knew?

Then the fourth season, Freak Show, comes out and, although not nearly as bad as what is to come, its kind of...meh...just alright. Not horrible not great...just okay. You notice a few friends stop showing up.

No longer excited about the series any more, yourself, you find something more interesting to spend your American Horror Show watching hour on like watching the grass grow. You lose hope. You miss the mojitas and finger sandwiches.

Then season five, Hotel, comes out. You dare yourself to give the series one more chance. You do and find yourself immediately drawn in by the quirky James March and The Countess duo. Plus you want to see if Lady (or man?) Gaga can act. Its mojitas and finger sandwich time!

All of the sudden your original exuberance for the series has been given a fresh breath of life. You are now excited about the season again. So is everyone else. Because the group has doubled, a decision is made to move the weekly ritual to your house because you converted your basement into a small home theatre complete with a stocked bar. You know this is a mistake.

Then season six, Roanoke, comes along and everyone is flabbergasted. As good as Hotel was this was twice as bad as Freak Show. It set a new low for the series. Everyone stops watching after a few episodes. You are relieved that the raving horde has left your humble abode. 

Then season seven, Cult, comes out. You're leary but intrigued because it is about the election during election year. You remember that Hotel surprised you after a couple of duds. So you watch an episode. This is really really bad. You vow to never get fooled again. 

Now there is a season eight?

Wait...what were talking about again?

Oh...yeah...as far as running out of ideas..how about these not used settings/themes.

Aboard a cruise ship? (Love Boat...exciting and...come aboard we're expecting you...)

In a Berber tent community during biblical times? (That is so wrong...but it could segue into the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah)

Aboard an alien spaceship in outer space? (I think Killjoys is doing something similar)

Aboard a naval air carrier stationed in the Sea of Japan? (In the Navy...we want you for a new recruit...)

This could be a new thread...ideas for new theme/setting for American Horror Story.

Lets face it, they certainly need our help.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really liked the first season, and the second season until the ending came out of nowhere. Couldn't stand Coven at all, liked Freak Show but got bored like halfway through, liked Hotel but got bored about 3/4 of the way through. Liked the first half of Roanoake ok but hated the second half. I wish the whole thing had taken place in the colony of Roanoake. Never got around to watching Cult.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
I really liked the first season, and the second season until the ending came out of nowhere. Couldn't stand Coven at all, liked Freak Show but got bored like halfway through, liked Hotel but got bored about 3/4 of the way through. Liked the first half of Roanoake ok but hated the second half. I wish the whole thing had taken place in the colony of Roanoake. Never got around to watching Cult.

We laud you for effort and perseverance. You are a gentleman/gentlewoman and scholar.

Top Bottom