• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Alien: Darksteel Cut

Okay. It's a mix of two versions of the movie, using one version to improve the other. I guess that makes it a fan fix? Good deal. That's what it is then.

Well, from the main page:
Where a FanFix attempts to clean-up a story, a FanMix fanedit instead modifies the story so drastically as to make it a new and unique movie experience.
I dont think that's the case here, as the changes are cosmetic. Average viewer wouldn't probably notice that it is a fanedit.

They are aware. They had real life matters going on so they didn't get a chance to finish it. They wanted to have something to show.

They are aware. They had real life matters going on so they didn't get a chance to finish it. They wanted to have something to show.

The same way an edit shouldn't be submitted before completion, it doesn't really make sense to include an unfinished trailer. It doesn't really reflect too well on the edit if it's obviously incomplete. Sharing it here with some context might be more appropriate.

I will recommend to the editor that they take the trailer down. The trailer list hasn't been updated in over a month so it hasn't gotten much exposure.

Last edited:
It can be changed this weekend so that your edit doesn't go offline for a week. I'll remind you.

The same way an edit shouldn't be submitted before completion, it doesn't really make sense to include an unfinished trailer. It doesn't really reflect too well on the edit if it's obviously incomplete.
Sorry, I am not good at editing trailers. The unfinished trailer was only meant for feedback. I didn't want to include a trailer in my submission but ArtIsDead thought it would help the edit receive more attention. I have privated the video so it no longer appears on my fan edit page.

I was aware that the trailer was unfinished when I made that suggestion but not that it literally cuts off like that. I will always believe that a trailer can draw attention to an edit. It can also indicate how adept an editor is at editing.

It can also indicate how adept an editor is at editing.
Trailer editors would outdo even Oscar-winning film editors. Editing is a skill for sure but people have their wheelhouses. I know I am better at editing scenes than trailers. I could edit a trailer with enough practice, but I can do that for my Infinity War edit.

I always believed that you could edit a trailer. What you had done for Alien was very good up until it stopped. I believe you could finish that one.

Back
Top Bottom