• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

AC3 -> Wav (or anything for that matter) issues

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ive just tried converting the audio from the Fistful of Fingers preservation to wav from ac3 with besweet and the logfile comes up with sync errors every few seconds and the actual converted audio is HORRIBLE with lots of attacks and echos.

anyway my question is are there any other ways to convert ac3 to wav apart from using besweet or some suggestions on how might be able to 'fix' the original ac3 file.

you could use dcadec (libdca from videolan) or ffmpeg. those are what i use on linux and they have windows compiles available.

is this about turning 5.1 to 6 waves or to 2.0 wav?
If it is the latter I can recommend headac3he. Does a perfect job about every time.

the original source is ac3 2.0 stereo, its a weird one as the original plays fine but as soon as its converted to wav or mp3 it all goes to hell.

im gonna have a google around for different converters to check whether its just besweet being a pain.

i got best results with EAC3TO. supports flac, mlp, dolby truehd, dts, ac3 and more

Hey Nomarch

make sure NO sample or speed convert options are checked in the besweet gui. What might be happening is that one of those options are checked and it is converting your ac3's speed, sample rate or both

7gtixr2kgq.jpg

im pretty sure that none of those options were ticked but its so long since i managed to fix the problem i cant actually remember what i did to sort it. thanks for the tip though.

well at least you got it working and that is all that matters--

Converting AC3 to WAV on Mac was easy for me, but I'm running into an issue on Windows. I've tried Heada3he and Besweet but both result in WAV files with shorter running times than my M2V file (which has a frame rate of 23.976).

Any help in convert and splitting the AC3 into 6 WAV files with a proper running time that will match the M2V?

what i did to fix this with my fight club audio ac3 was use ffmpegGUI to convert, for whatever reason that converter did the trick and my audio file was perfect after that.

still dont know why it worked though :?

I'll give ffmpegGUI a try this evening. Thanks for the suggestion.

how much shorter is the audio?
I had this issue on Up In The Air, (using besweet) but all I had to de was re-allign the audio track w/ the video at the proper point to get an accurate sync.

you probably tried that already though :)

elbarto1 said:
how much shorter is the audio?
I had this issue on Up In The Air, (using besweet) but all I had to de was re-allign the audio track w/ the video at the proper point to get an accurate sync.

It's off by about 2 minutes at the end.

how long is the source?
if its a TP episode, it sounds like a framerate issue. try getting a 29.97 copy and take the audio from that.
if its a 2hr movie then it would be off more than 2 minutes.
I know I had this issue before on true lies.

elbarto1 said:
how long is the source? if its a TP episode, it sounds like a framerate issue. try getting a 29.97 copy and take the audio from that.

It's the pilot so about an hour and a half. I'm trying to avoid 29.97 because that was my first attempt and I got a lot of interlacing lines even after de-interlacing. Never experienced that before. (It might be I'm trying a different NLE that I'm not as familiar with.) But the 23.976 M2V looks beautiful. I'd prefer to keep it at that rate.

i just mean to get your audio.
theres a reason why its 2 minutes shorter.
i suggest trying 29.97 audio w/ 23.976 video.

see if it syncs.

elbarto1 said:
i just mean to get your audio.
theres a reason why its 2 minutes shorter.
i suggest trying 29.97 audio w/ 23.976 video.

see if it syncs.

Gotcha. I'll let you know how it goes.

Okay... it looks like the problem is that the audio is at 23.976 fps while the video is staying at 29.97. VLC sees it as 29.97 while Premiere Pro sees it as 23.976. But I'm betting that the 2 min. discrepancy is due to the video actually being 29.97 since it's running time is longer. Everything I've tried though fails in bringing it down to 23.976 fps on both Windows and OS X.

This only happens if I try to split the AC3 file into its separate tracks. If I leave it alone attach it as the audio to a AVI, MPG or some other file it's fine. It's only when splitting it that it this problem crops up.

This is going to take a bit more work than anticipated.

***UPDATE***

I may have figured it out. I'm currently rendering the video file out in VirtualDub and there the running time matches the WAV files exactly. If it does work it involved Boon's deinterlacing technique using MeGUI, AviSynth and creating a VD script. Only time will tell. I'll get you an update once I know.

Well that's weird. Now that I have a nice Lagarith AVI it won't play in Premiere! It won't play in VLC either. The only way it will play is through Windows Media Player. That's a head scratcher. Unfortunately, I'm headed out of town and can't work on this until I get back Sat. night or so. Bummer.

what colorspace did you use for the lagarith? many players & editing apps dont handle YUV well. You may want to go with RGB

Back
Top Bottom