• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

A nightmare on elm street part 2

13x77 said:
Thank-you for the link, watched it today and it was pretty good. I do miss the death by ball scene but this cut definitely makes for scarier cut.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it :)

Just clicked play. The video is interlaced. Ouch. Pain. It hurts my eyes. Too bad. :sad:

DwightFry78 said:
Just clicked play. The video is interlaced. Ouch. Pain. It hurts my eyes. Too bad. :sad:

What? I'm not sure why. It's not for me. I'm sorry :cry:

im gonna be getting this today. definitely interested to see how this came out. im working on a new fanedit now and its definitely something that may turn out to be pretty cool. i dunno if i wanna say what it is just yet. but there is something in the works.

CampBloodPictures said:
What? I'm not sure why. It's not for me. I'm sorry :cry:
Interlacing is what makes your edit look like this (notice the lines):

interm.png

instead of something more akin to this (and this is derived from your edit so the field blending during movement is dirty/blurry, but notice the lines are gone):

deinter.png

Which is probably a matter of output settings. Do you keep your workflow files, or have you deleted them?

If the edit has to stay with the subpar video quality, that's too bad, as the content is excellent, both regarding the new narrative and the cutting itself. Loved it, it's way WAY better than the theatrical version, but the technical stuff kills it.

@DwightFry78

I'm glad you like the edit itself. I thought the interlacing was gone, but it must not be. Sorry once again, and I did delete my work files. I wish I hadn't now though :(

steelio2006 said:
im gonna be getting this today. definitely interested to see how this came out. im working on a new fanedit now and its definitely something that may turn out to be pretty cool. i dunno if i wanna say what it is just yet. but there is something in the works.

I hope you like it!! :) I'll be watching your new edit soon :)

I had trouble with the link for this. It kept coming back to the Phantasm file.

steelio2006 said:
I had trouble with the link for this. It kept coming back to the Phantasm file.

Use the link on the front page of Fanedit . info, it's the only one that works for now

Is there a reason why the front page on .info says that this is a DL release?

DwightFry78 said:
Interlacing is what makes your edit look like this (notice the lines):

interm.png

Should this edit be disapproved, then? Has anyone else noticed this problem?

does it look like this when played on a home player, or when played on VLC with de interlacing mode?

I reviewed this edit while watching it on my PC with the KMplayer and it looked fine to me. I just popped it in to my standalone DVD player and fast forwarded to the scene in question and it looks fine on my tv too. I did notice however that there's no chapters for this. Just one chapter for the whole thing.

TMBTM said:
does it look like this when played on a home player, or when played on VLC with de interlacing mode?
First image I posted is taken from VLC in default mode, second image is from VLC in deinterlacing mode. I also made a XviD file from the edit, applying a deinterlacing filter, and it looked very similar to the second image.

It probably looks better on a standard TV set.

Oh, and Frink: since it has been already approved, I'd say let it stay, as it's not the only case of heavy interlacing in edits on this site, even in some very praised ones (one example being Tranzor's The Thing). But I hope CampBloodPictures considers recreating it from scratch in the future, preferably also keeping the 5.1 audio this time around.

just to clarify some of this discussion. Interlacing doesn't necessarily mean error. Most commercial DVDs are produced with interlaced video. Its how it's handled in the editing process that makes the difference. If people aren't seeing a problem on their TVs, then all is probably fine.

The discussion of interlacing could go a million ways, and it depends on how the film was shot, how the DVD was produced, and the faneditor's workflow. It's usually a pain in the ass for editing, but because interlacing exists, doesn't necessarily mean the editor goofed up.

^ Well, I use "interlacing" to simplify terms, when what I mean is "combing effect". Interlaced video with no combing is totally possible.

DwightFry78 said:
^ Well, I use "interlacing" to simplify terms, when what I mean is "combing effect". Interlaced video with no combing is totally possible.

correct. But I think its good to make the distinction, especially for many new editors. The combing effect in the image you posted above is certainly a problem. But this is a big distinction from plain-ole-interlacing.

Yeah, I don't seem to see a problem on the DVD I've burned and I have burned 3 with different types of discs just to make sure everything was good. Maybe it is just a problem watching it in VLC or something, again I'm not very technical and don't know a lot on this type of thing. THAANK GOD FOR THE FORUM!!! haha

And as for redoing in 5.1, I don't know how to get 5.1 audio as I was following Boon23's tutorial which says to convert it to 2.0 with HeadAC3he. If there is a tutorial for using 5.1? If so could you send me a link? I would consider redoing, if I have time, and when I get a harddrive, I actually can't edit anything because my harddrive is so full.

CampBloodPictures said:
And as for redoing in 5.1, I don't know how to get 5.1 audio as I was following Boon23's tutorial which says to convert it to 2.0 with HeadAC3he.
I'm pretty sure the tutorial tells you *how* to convert to 2.0, not that you have to convert to 2.0. I just skipped that step.

TV's Frink said:
I'm pretty sure the tutorial tells you *how* to convert to 2.0, not that you have to convert to 2.0. I just skipped that step.

wait... step 27 in boon's guide says to sacrifice 2 chickens before importing the audio. Could I have skipped that step too??? :-o

Back
Top Bottom