• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

(9000 Series) Star Wars Episode III: Labyrinth Of Evil

Even as I'm continuing to encode and upload v2 of Labyrinth Of Evil, I'm preparing small changes for the eventual v3 release featuring Emanswfan's regraded video source.
Because my cut does away with the duel between Palpatine and Yoda, I revisited the scene where Obi-Wan and Yoda find the security footage of Anakin slaughtering Jedi. It plays out very similarly now to Kerr's edit, removing dialogue about killing the Emperor and Vader. The way it plays out now, we do not get any indication that Yoda intends to do anything proactive other than to bide time. Obi-Wan, rather than tracking Anakin on a hit assignment from Yoda, now finds Anakin in order to confront (though not necessarily to kill) him. This, along with the change described next, eases the discretion a bit between ROTS and Vader's line in Return Of The Jedi, "Obi-Wan once thought as you do."
Another related change will be to reinstate the dialogue between Obi-Wan and ANakin during the latter part of their duel. Allow me to offer an apologetic for this. I think their exchange has value. Obi-Wan tells Anakin he has failed him, offering a small hint at the regret that Ben expressed to Luke in Return Of The Jedi. Anakin retorts with, "I should have known the Jedi were plotting to take over." In the theatrical ROTS this line was jarring because it didn't jive with Lucas' re-edit that played up Padme's impending doom as motivation for Anakin to turn to the dark side. In Labyrinth Of Evil, this line has context in which to function to cement the viewer's perception of Anakin's reasons for his turn. At least at this point in the story, Anakin seems to have forgotten about saving Padme and clung to the other reasons he had. Anakin's next line, "From my point of view the Jedi are evil," demonstrates that he has internalized Palpatine's teaching and is acting with a perverse sense of integrity. (Again, as opposed to the jarring way this dialogue played out in the theatrical cut.)

The first step is admitting you have a problem.
I'm posting this here to hold myself accountable. I could fiddle with my edits, review other edits, and think up ideas for further tweaking. However, I really want to put a stop to this and close the door. However, I need to keep all the files in place for an eventual version with Emanswfan's sources. Therefore, I'm announcing that I am done with the edits. What lies in the Final Cut timelines is the final product, and there will be no further changes until encoding V3. The madness has to end somewhere, and I'd love to put the prequel era behind me as we coast closer to the 'big bang' of the sequel trilogy era.
I'm in the contemplation stage of encoding what I have as V3, the finished version "for the ages," and publishing it, rather than waiting for the regraded sources. Once all three of those are extant, I will likely reencode V3 with them. That way I can mentally be finished with the PT edit project and move on.
And as a way of leaving myself an out clause, if any worthwhile ideas for changes cross the threshold of breaking my announcement of being finished, I will post about it here. Aside from such a case, I am finished! And I'll likely be releasing V3 in the near future, once I get my Custom ANH:SE finished.

I read all posts and couldn't but admire the incredible ammount of effort that this work took you. Right now I'm downloading the 3 of them. Thanks in advance, I'm sure I'll enjoy them all (more than once)...!

Thanks for that; I hope you do.

So there shall be a Version 3 of Labyrinth of Evil and Approaching Storm? Or are the Version 2's the definitive go to versions? I'm downloading your Ep 1 definitive version edit to add to my Prequel Edits collection.

V3 of Episodes II and III are forthcoming. Hopefully it won't be much longer but I'm waiting on a small FX package someone's doing.

Man, Ep I was awesome. IT WAS TRUE THAT YOU COULDN'T SEE IT WAS AN EDIT...!

Now I want to show the entire saga to my 17 years old sister (with Adywan's EpIV of course), but she doesn't understand English. Do you have English subtitles for this movies? I could translate them myself, and even share if you like.

I don't have subtitles, nor do I plan to make any. If you were to invest the effort, I'd love to have them.
Glad you liked it though!

Thanks for making Ep1. I'll definitely be looking forward v3 of Ep II and Ep III.

I might do it, but I need to know... if I download an official English subtitle for your movies, would it contain all the dialogue? I know you cut a lot, but what I don't know is if you altered or added dialog (I don't mind if you changed the order of certain events, I can work that out).

Edit: I'm already working on it. I'll create English and Spanish subtitles for your trilogy.

No complaints here. Would be a good resource for those interested and a small supplemental download.

It's going to take me a while. I only have 5 minutes so far LOL...!

...oh, and Vader looking at a planet at the end is fixing something that was NOT an error and making a new view that happens to be pointless. I mean... why are they looking at a particular planet? Maybe it is Alderaan? Like they're planning to blow Alderaan 20 years ahead of time?

Meh, I'm being ungrateful. Perhaps I should fuck myself for being such an asshole with someone who took so much time for doing this stuff and share it for free... but you had me so hyped with the first two that I just can't avoid feeling disapointed by the choices you made.

So, I guess I should be making my own shit instead of critizing other people's hard work. You're right... so, I apologize.

An OT.com user volunteered FX work so I requested a fantasy of mine of replacing the Death Star in that scene with the planet Coruscant. Why? Because it's another pointless OT cameo that doesn't (seem to me to) fit in. They're now looking over the capital of the galaxy they've just conquered.
There's so many PT edits out there, and that offers one many choices with different goals. If my Ep3 wasn't your thing, L8wrtr's would be compatible with my Ep1 and 2. It keeps a small bit of the Yoda vs. Sidious duel, though.
There's even people who cobble together existing finished edits for their own.

Here is a slightly different version of the scene with the medical droid. I hated this part because of my own voice coming into play at a crucial moment. It's not too late for anyone to send me or post here their own voice recordings of these lines. I have the affect about how I'd like it, or maybe partway between what I've done and how the droid sounded originally. Ideally, I'd be able to use someone else's voice.
Password: fanedit

I thought I'd better chime in with my thoughts on this Hal 9000, seeing as you ended up using the We cannot say how long she will survive wording I proposed on your OT.com thread.

Bear with me, as your exact comments about re-doing the 'medical droid' wording at the time were this -

'I'd also like to open the floor for last minute ideas about dialogue for the medical droid. The idea is to communicate that Padme is injured in such a way that she will die a few years down the road.

Currently the droid says, "She has sustained severe injuries. She will survive, but she will never fully recover."

It needs to be a sentence or two. I'll re-record if a better phrasing or way of saying it is presented. Otherwise it's fine as it is. Just thinking of anything that can be spruced up before V3 is locked.'

Okay, your re-recording sounds pretty good I reckon, although I certainly understand how you might prefer to hear *someone else* do it, rather than hear your own voice.

But seeing as I know how much effort you've put into your prequel edits, I thought I'd better bring up a *little* thing that struck me on listening to your clip a couple of times. As I mentioned on your OT.com thread, I haven't seen any of your versions yet...so I didn't know you were *also* including the medical droid then saying the words We are preparing to deliver the babies immediately afterwards...and you hadn't mentioned that line in your comments at the time.

So here's the thing I wanted to point out. You might be 100% happy with how all three lines now sound, but I kinda think that the droid saying We at the start of *both* those sentences sounds a bit 'off' somehow, and doesn't flow as well as it could. So seeing as you are also using that third line too, my slight alteration to what I suggested would be this instead -

She has sustained severe injuries. I cannot say how long she will survive. We are preparing to deliver the babies.

As I say, it's a very little thing indeed, and you'll just have to decide for yourself if you prefer this more 'flowing'-sounding alteration using the I instead of the first We, or if you prefer the still correct, but slightly more 'stilted'-sounding current wording from the droid.

You've done some good stuff, either way.

(Thankfully I won't have this kind of wording problem to begin with...as unlike yourself, The Cutter, Q2, and eventually adywan too...I'm keeping Padme *dead as a dodo* for what I have in mind for myself - regardless of what Leia says in ROTJ - as I'm including certain footage that I prefer where that's concerned - although it *won't* be due to her 'losing the will to live'!) :p

Now that's the kind of nuanced feedback I was hoping for. Thanks! I think that'll help with inflection for the second sentence. I think I kept such a flat affect so I can almost get away from disguising my voice from myself.

No probs. Final thought - would the words I cannot say how long she might survive be better or not, do you think?

Final droid line: "She has sustained severe injuries. I cannot say how long she might last. We are preparing to deliver the babies." [Bail: "BABIES??!?!!] "She's carrying twins."

Back
Top Bottom