• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

(9000 Series) Star Wars Episode III: Labyrinth Of Evil

V4.1 has been released and fixes a critical audio glitch that has affected all previous releases. DominicCobb pointed out to me that the left and right channels were identical, making it sound like mono.
So V4.1 features new audio tracks and a few other tiny fixes no reasonable human being would notice or care about. I've also muxed in English and French subtitles. Episode III also has a bonus feature: Backstroke of the West subtitles.
No creative changes to the edits themselves were made, though. This was a bugfix, and I took the opportunity to include everything for a final release that really should be just that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the newest version of this puts back in the child murder scene?

So does V4 have the younglings scene back in the movie?

Barabba said:
So does V4 have the younglings scene back in the movie?

Well I'm not going to read the thread FOR you. You can choose to do so on your own accord. That question has been explicitly answered several times over in this thread.

If you can understand the words in MY posts, you should be able to understand the words in the other posts too.

Yeah, yeah, go super mod something if you have time to make a post chastizing me about something that is still unclear to me.

Barbara, I deleted your most recent post. PM the editor or read the thread. Do not post here again with the same question, and stop insulting staff or you may face a ban.

I'm uploading Version 4.2 to the usual places this afternoon. This revision addresses primarily just the opening crawls. The receding STAR WARS logo no longer aliases badly, and the crawls have been spruced up as far as their look and their content. 
Is this a very minor update? Yes. However, it will be the last. This project is baked and mastered in 1080p, with several scenes and components that are limited to 480p. Even if better quality version of the prequels are unveiled down the road, the current quality level would still be preferable for this project, due to the standard definition material used. As I recall my mindset and ambition three and a half years ago beginning on this project, I am extremely happy with the final product, and so I am setting it down for good. 

Version 4.2, which I'm uploading now, is the FINAL release of this prequel fan edit project. I'm promising you all as well as myself! Thanks again to everyone who contributed, which is a very large group of fine people. Since FanEdit.info often takes a while to update its listings, those who want access to the DLC files may PM me, and I will provide links once they are uploaded.

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am looking forward to hunkering down and seeing how everything has finally come together. Well done on finally getting it to the point where you're either so happy it can't be made better, or your's so sick of working on it you can't take another bite.. or.. some combination of the two ;)

The Force will be with you, always ;)

Thanks very much, L8wrtr. You share my pain and joy, and are totally correct in your appraisal.
Naturally, I'd be floored to hear your thoughts and reactions if you do take an occasion to see them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I said in the private message, the links for ep3 are down at the moment. When you can could you re-upload them please? Thanks man, I freaking love your work with the prequel trilogy!

Cheers!

William Andrews said:
Like I said in the private message, the links for ep3 are down at the moment. When you can could you re-upload them please? Thanks man, I freaking love your work with the prequel trilogy!

Cheers!

That is what private messages are for. No need to announce in the forum that you private messaged someone. Please read the rules - we do not allow requests for downloads outside of the trades/requests forum.

This seems so familiar...

William Andrews said:
Sorry, it's true that I'm new here I should have read the rules before posting. My bad.

It will not happen again, thanks for your comprehension.

Yeah. It happened again. I've issued a warning.

"removed the scene where Anakin ignites his saber on a roomful of children. By cutting this, Anakin's slip toward depravity can be seen as a little more gradual. Plus my version of the trilogy does away with the idea that Jedi are harvested as infants and raised in a cult environment. The term "youngling" doesn't appear in these edits"

Meesa like dis!
Meesa tinkin, mebbe weesa bein friends!

So glad I'm not the only one who thought this scene was utterly ridiculous, *and* that the whole youngling thing was creepy and cultish to begin with. NICE.  :)

This, along with Episodes 1 and 2, have been updated once again to V5. This release is intended as FINAL. They can be found via the usual channels at this point.

Loved this edit, it was much more enjoyable than what we got originally!

There's going to be a V6! The impetus for this is the presence, to whatever figurative or literal degree, of Palpatine in Episode IX. Whether he's found a way to 'cheat death' or it's just a mirage, I think its worth including a bit of dialogue that hints at his interest in immortality in Episode III. 

Changes for V6, planned and under consideration:

- Reinstate “to create life” and “to cheat death....”

- Move ‘plot to destroy the Jedi’ deleted scene to before Anakin coming in after missing a briefing

- See about augmenting or removing Chewbacca

- See about removing the droids from the birth of the twins 

- Consider reinstating Palpatine prompting Anakin to kill Dooku (still shortened; no “dew it”) (LOE, perhaps even moreso than ROTS, has a throughline of Palpatine manipulating Anakin and him suggesting Anakin kill Dooku is in keeping with this)

- Really try to reincorporate some Yoda lines about failure, maybe even dialogue from Rebels

In order to do anything further about Chewbacca, I would need some visual FX help. It had been determined previously that it would be extremely difficult to remove his bandolier. I wonder if a second bandolier could be added, to imply its a different wookiee. Most of Chewbacca's shots have been removed, though a few remain. Luckily (?) his face looks nothing like the Chewbacca of the OT and ST. 

This one should be much easier, but I would love to have someone assist by removing R2 and 3PO from the birthing of the twins (and shot of them leaving the ship to follow Padme to the medical center). This would avoid R2 and Yoda's only onscreen meeting before ESB. 

I will attempt what I can to extend the scene with Yoda and Qui-Gon, but there's really only one shot to work with. If anything else can be contrived visually to extend the scene plausibly, I would welcome ideas or FX shots. (Rear shot of Yoda with asteroids floating in the background?) 
The dialogue for the scene could go something like this:

Y: "Failed, I have."

Q: "Yoda, my old friend... Do you feel responsible? Forgive yourself."

Y: [Dialogue about him being too blind to see things or that he failed the Jedi.]

Q: "Come to Dagobah. You must complete what I could not."

V6 has finally been finished. OP has been updated with the new changelist.

Back
Top Bottom