• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

(9000 Series) Star Wars Episode III: Labyrinth Of Evil

addiesin said:
Hal stated his goals, what you're suggesting goes against the story he wants to tell.
He did state them, true.
HAL9000 said:
removed the scene where Anakin ignites his saber on a roomful of children. By cutting this, Anakin's slip toward depravity can be seen as a little more gradual. Plus my version of the trilogy does away with the idea that Jedi are harvested as infants and raised in a cult environment. The term "youngling" doesn't appear in these edits.

Yes, this does represent a change of mind in light of the new film making what I perceive as a direct reference to that scene.

Barabba said:
He did state them, true.

Hal9000 said:
Go for it; it's not too late for Eps 2 and 3, though they're pretty well shaped up.
I did want to let you all know that I'm planning to reinstate the youngling slaughter scene, in light of an allusion made in TFA to it. (An allusion I did not even notice until seeing the film a second time a few days ago!) I won't say any more, for fear of minor spoilers, but you know what I mean if you've seen it.
However, the term youngling will still not be used, and Obi-Wan still won't tell Padme about this specifically. Also, Anakin in TPM still won't be said to be too old to be trained.

Oh, boy, am I the Constitution now?

I meant no offense, just that Barbara seems like he can change my mind by quoting the thing I said I was changing my mind about.

Well, for what it's worth, I like how you presented Anakin's downfall as more gradual than extreme. Thank you for your time!

Thanks; Clearly, I prefer to go that route, were it not for TFA alluding to it. *shrugs*

Hal9000 said:
I meant no offense, just that Barbara seems like he can change my mind by quoting the thing I said I was changing my mind about.

No offence taken. :)

Though, it also raises a problem: if Anakin wasn't too old to become a jedi, then these young jedi-lings could easily be turned into Sith Inquisitors, so Anakin wouldn't really have to kill them rather than imprison them for indoctrination.

EDIT: Also, why would a bunch of six-year-olds have lightsabers, aren't those something jedi have to make for themselves? Where would these brats get the money and technical knowhow to attain these lightsabers? Where would a bunch of masterless kids get lightsabers, and would that be allowed normally? It seems that you would have to reinstall the older scenes of younglings and "too old"ness for that scene to not raise a bunch of questions.

Or whatever, just nitpicking and overthinking a few things.

Well, it seems I may have been a bit hasty. Like I said, on my second viewing I noticed the
screaming children since I knew she was approaching Anakin's lightsaber.
However, the "leaked script" from a few days ago that contained information subsequently confirmed by Pablo Hidalgo describes the scene as
a little girl crying, implying it to be Rey.
That makes sense, though I couldn't say for sure without seeing the film again... I suppose it won't be too hard to justify going to the theater again.
Here's a snippet. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Rey is heartsick, but she turns as she hears the sound of a young girl in anguish, crying. She follows the sound into the castle, turning so she can't see that Finn has looked back at her one last time.
INT. MAZ' CASTLE - BASEMENT CORRIDOR - DAY
Rey steps down into the basement corridor. BB-8 follows
her. Walking carefully and confused, she is not sure why she's down here. She can hear the echoing sounds of a young girl crying. She heads down the hall... to the very end, where there is a door. It is almost as if a SOULFUL VIBRATION draws her closer. She looks at the door lock -- AND THE
DOOR OPENS.

"What's all this talk abaout children screaming." "Mrs. Litella it's a child crying."

d4ac9f730e6c4fb646a4f3732d42b143.jpg

Sorry couldn't resist. I'm on your side, I swear.

For what it's worth, I always perceived the
the screaming to be little Rey. Not only because we see little Rey screaming during the Force vision, but I think it's implied that the screams are induced by Finn leaving, which reminds her of her parents leaving her on Jakku.

By the way, unlike others I don't really have a problem with Anakin killing younglings in theory, but in the context of the film it feels like too much too soon for him. So removing it helps make his turn more gradual.

I say keep it out. I think you're safe in terms of ST continuity.
The only thing I worry about would be if someone mentions Kylo Ren killing killing Luke's Jedi-trainees and likens it to what Vader did but I don't if that would happen and even if it did I still don't think you would need to add that scene back to EpIII.

Yup, I agree completely, Mr. Cobb.

I have a theory about the children screaming, and it has nothing to do with the prequels....

I think Rey was being trained with a bunch of other force-sensitive children at the Jedi temple where Rey eventually finds Luke. One of these children was also Ben Solo, who was seduced by the dark side and either directly or indirectly killed all the rest of the kids, save for Rey, before taking off with the Knights of Ren. Rey is smuggled away and left of Jakku, but not before her memories of force training are blocked for her own safety (until Kylo pushes his way into her mind, breaking down the barrier), and Luke goes into hiding. So the children screaming are actually the other force-sensitive children being slaughtered around young Rey, not the "younglings" from the prequels. This is supported by Kylo's reaction when he finds out that Finn and BB-8 escaped with a girl, and he immediately seems to have a specific girl in mind: *force choke* "What girl?!"

That very well could be. I think that'd be a great way to resolve her origins question.

The final release of this edit, V4, has been submitted and should appear in the usual places very soon. Thanks to everyone who has made this effort possible. Enjoy!

I know it's isolated to one player, but there seems to be a video glitch at 1:43:28 in the v4 edit when using MPC-HC x64. It doesn't appear in VLC. Just FYI. Not sure if that's even a notable issue :p

For 'May the Fourth,' I finally got around to making a teaser trailer to my PT edits. 

I saw there was a 4.1 floating around.  Is that the same one as before or a new one?  I thought the last was 4.0

Back
Top Bottom