• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

(9000 Series) Star Wars Episode II: The Approaching Storm

Sounds great. I'll plan on exporting a fixed version when III is finished rendering, probably in a few weeks.
As always, thanks for the help.

I am in the process of replacing the 1080p version of The Approaching Storm with a fixed version, to address a framerate issue in a few of the deleted scenes. The links are down from the .info, but new ones will be up in a day or two. The torrent of it will be going down, and will be replaced with a fixed version later today.

The torrent for the 720p version has been replaced with the fixed version, and the new one should be swapped out in the .info shortly.
The DVD5 is encoding now, which should be the final version of all three edits that I need to upload. The final end is very nearly in sight.

I downloaded the 1080p version of Cloak of Deception and today The Approaching Storm, using jdownloader. Off-hand, wondering why Ep I is 20GB but Ep II 7GB?

Anyway, I have mkv.zip001 through 31. I try extracting these 31 files but get "cannot open file 'xyz' as archive.", for all 31 zip files. Using 7-zip.

Help please? I hope I didn't download 7GB for nothing. Want to sort this out before getting Ep III. I watched Stankpac' Ep III and felt it was too condensed. Watched L8Wrtr's version (all prequels) and really liked it (well a lot more than the theatrical releases). So reading the reviews of others on HAL's series, I'm really looking forward to seeing his edits and possibly be able to enjoy the prequels even more. And my GF never saw Star Wars, so I showed her Star Wars Revisited and regular Ep V and was planning to show her fan edits of the prequels only. The question now is of L8Wrtr or HAL...

But I gotta watch HAL's series first, so help would be very much appreciated!

Beren

P.S. I used HJ Split for the zip files. Now I have one 3GB WinRAR ZIP archive file (?) When I try to extract that, I get from 7-zip: Seek error in the file 'xyz'.zip An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file. Help?

When I get home tonight, I'll PM you the raw links. If those work for you, I'll resubmit them as a dlc. Alternatively, hit up myspleen.

I now downloaded Labyrinth of Evil (Ep III) and get "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged" when I try to extract the WinRAR zip file (11GB). Cloak of Deception worked without a hitch.

Beren

Edit: I used hj split for Ep III. Currently the joined zip is being extracted by 7-zip. Fingers crossed.

Edit: Labyrinth of Evil has been successfully joined and extracted. Yay! Maybe Ep II will work after all. Give it another try.

Edit: Gave Ep II another try, with HJ Split. Program states successfully joined but the resulting zip file is only 2.92 GB. And when I try to unzip with 7 zip I get: "Can not open file 'xyz.zip' as archive."

PM sent. I'm guessing Ep2 is giving you trouble because half or so of the links were uploaded on one megaupload account, and the rest on another. Well, hopefully that's all it is.

Hal9000 said:
PM sent. I'm guessing Ep2 is giving you trouble because half or so of the links were uploaded on one megaupload account, and the rest on another. Well, hopefully that's all it is.

Yes, turns out the DLC for 1080p from the fanedit website is faulty, it only gives you 31 of 82 files. With 2 files in the first 31 missing. So best to fix that, cost me hours in trying to figure out what was going wrong. Thanks for the links, I got all of them now and extracted and ready for viewing. Looking forward to them.

Beren

With version 2 of Episode I fully uploaded in all three formats, Episode II has followed suit with version 2 of the DVD5 and 720p versions having been made available through the same venues as version 1. However, I am having frustrating difficulty encoding the 1080p version. I'm going to have to export the full Quicktime file and then compress it to the appropriate BluRay-compatible format, which means it'll take roughly twice as long. So look out for that after about two weeks. Once that's done I will begin encoding the three versions of Episode III right away. This stuff takes a great amount of time, and I appreciate your patience.

Does anyone else is having problems with downloading Episode 2? I already tried with 2 different downloader programs(MiPony and JDownloader), extracting the .001 files with also 2 different programs(FJoiner and HJSplit), and extracting the final .zip with also some programs(Winrar, Winzip, 7-Zip, Windows Natural Zip Extractor). Nothing so far. I get an error when trying to extract the final .zip, and that error varies with the program that I use. Most of them says that the file is corrupt, but 7-Zip gives a more descriptive message, saying
Unsupported compression method
. After some searching, I found that this is a common error when the zipping is made with, and I quote,
"BAD" zip software.
. So maybe the problem isn't here? Is anyone having the same issue?
PS: I had a more successful download with MiPony, as the JDownloader have some problems downloading with Mega.
PS2:Ep3 extracted without any problems.

I've heard another report about trouble with the 1080p version of Ep2. I will re-zip and reupload, though it'll take quite a while to get it all uploaded again.

Ok, I'll be checking, really want to watch this. I have been trying for a few days, but still got no Spleen invites and the copy that is uploaded on the Pirate Bay don't have any seeders.

The 1080p had been re-compressed and reuploaded and the .info had the correct listing. Let me know if it doesn't help.

Review posted, well done on a polishing another turd into something decent! [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

It's be super cool to have
"[/video] playing over the Clone scene at the end. Like, the evil version of the scene just slaps you in the face with Palpatine's obvious evilness and up-to-no-goodery.

Help needed, please, you guys.

As you may know if you frequent OT.com, I've been preparing to release the final update to my prequel edits, prompted by DominicCobb pointing out a serious audio issue plaguing everything I had ever put out prior. (The left and right channels were identical, making it a weird mono surround.) (My TFA edit was NOT affected, though.) For Episode II, I've gone back to the BluRay as the video source.
Anyway, I've been trying everything I can think of for weeks, and when I export the day-for-night kiss by the lakeside, it looks like shit. The BluRay is an ugly transfer of an ugly film, and there just doesn’t seem to be enough data in the video stream to survive being modified this much. Padme’s skin looks like a 256 color display.
Are there any video-people out there who could convert the scene from the BluRay into a day-for-night effect? You probably have a better way of doing it than I do. I’m going to move on to exporting Episode III in the hopes that someone can help me out with this scene.
I appreciate you all, and don’t want to leave you all with a crappy final archival product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom